Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: terrified of fat... page

btownshreds is offline Senior Member

terrified of fat...

Shop Now
    im still trucking with paleo....but i checked my blood pressure and its higher now that ive been on paleo..... its def worrisome. i dont know what it is but ive been having nothing but anxiety since my bp reading. i was 118/70 every day (give or take) and some days 130/85 and now im 149/90... wtf???

im ultimately terrified that since "cw" is wrong according to this sites facts, gary taubes, dr eades and what have you, what if all these guys are wrong? yes insulin does cause weight gain but what if fat really is doing something bad to your body? explain my bp rise? no its not from the anxiety...i got anxiety AFTER i checked my bp
    Big brains discuss ideas
    Average brains discuss events
    Small brains discuss people...
    -Eleanore Roosevelt

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    BP rises for any number of reasons, but i don't think i've ever read that it's because of fat intake. i could be wrong here, but i thought it was related to sodium intake. anyway, a temporary rise in blood pressure is nothing to worry about. why are you even taking your blood pressure? do you have some sort of condition that requires you to take it often?

mobettabody is offline Member
    Have you increased your sodium intake? Some people simply are sensitive to sodium and that would increase your blood volume which in turn will increase your blood pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    BP rises for any number of reasons, but i don't think i've ever read that it's because of fat intake. i could be wrong here, but i thought it was related to sodium intake. anyway, a temporary rise in blood pressure is nothing to worry about. why are you even taking your blood pressure? do you have some sort of condition that requires you to take it often?
    no. i am a hypochondriac i guess haha. but still it was fine until i started this. never had a history of high BP
    Big brains discuss ideas
    -Eleanore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by mobettabody View Post
    Have you increased your sodium intake? Some people simply are sensitive to sodium and that would increase your blood volume which in turn will increase your blood pressure.
    maybe a little
    Big brains discuss ideas
    -Eleanore Roosevelt

also been getting real hot lately. is it normal for body temperature to rise?
    Big brains discuss ideas
    -Eleanore Roosevelt

onalark is offline Senior Member
    You sound majorly stressed. This causes your blood pressure to rise. Are you taking your BP in a relaxed state, or after you've freaked yourself out?

Also, BP machines (the automated ones) can be wrong -- really wrong. My dentist used one on me and it came out with some astronomical reading, which caused her to give me a Concerned Look. I told her, "Do it again. Your machine is wrong." She did it again, and I came out with a below-average (i.e., great) reading.

Have had very high BP readings when I was in stressful situations (just coming off an argument at the old workplace, or going to a new doctor with a ton of anxiety in my belly). Do you have the other symptoms of high blood pressure? Pounding headaches, for example?

No one here should dissuade you from seeing a doctor or quitting the diet if you have problems, but you sound kind of freaked out to me, and I think that's where I'd start.

Also -- have you tried giving the diet 30 days? Does it make you feel better? If it doesn't, then re-evaluate what you're doing. I admit I was freaked out by the fat as well, but then I started losing weight and I stopped feeling hungry all the time. I half-think I may be getting to a point where I'm recovering my long-lost insulin sensitivity. Which is awesome, but it does take time.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    You may need more magnesium or potassium.

DFH
    DFH is offline Senior Member
    That is odd, but I don't think fat intake is the explanation. Mine runs about 110/60 and it was a lot higher before.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    You think cream and butter is making your blood pressure rise? Why would that happen? Why would you think that was the reason? It doesn't happen to any of the rest of us, and I've never heard any reason that that would happen.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast