Thread: What kind of coffe is good for paleo? page

btownshreds is offline Senior Member

What kind of coffe is good for paleo?

Primal Fuel
    i typically cant not have coffee....ive heard from some places that whole cream and coffee is great..... anyone?
    Big brains discuss ideas
    Average brains discuss events
    Small brains discuss people...
    -Eleanore Roosevelt

jhc
    jhc is offline Senior Member
    Coffee is allowed in a primal diet as a "sensible vice"; meaning like dark chocolate, feel free to enjoy in moderation!

Black coffee is essentially a nutritional void, and contains virtually no calories; the only thing you can really knock it for is the caffeine and the associated effects. For this reason it probably doesn't really matter which particular "kind"/brand/roast etc you are drinking so long as it isn't poisonous (although I'm sure someone has an opinion on organic & fair trade). Obviously once you add sugar or milk, it's a different story.

Personally I religiously drink a cup of coffee every day. Nothing I like better than sipping a hot coffee with a little cream in the park at lunch after my salad.
    Last edited by jhc; 06-15-2011 at 09:43 PM.

cnico is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jhc View Post
    Coffee is allowed in a primal diet as a "sensible vice"; meaning like dark chocolate, feel free to enjoy in moderation!

Black coffee is essentially a nutritional void, and contains virtually no calories; the only thing you can really knock it for is the caffeine and the associated effects. For this reason it probably doesn't really matter which particular "kind"/brand/roast etc you are drinking so long as it isn't poisonous (although I'm sure someone has an opinion on organic & fair trade). Obviously once you add sugar or milk, it's a different story.

Personally I religiously drink a cup of coffee every day. Nothing I like better than sipping a hot coffee with a little cream in the park at lunch after my salad.
    Mark has a link on this site where he talks about coffee and its effects on glucose... he cites a recent study showing it increases the blood sugar in Type II diabetics.... and Atkins in his 1972 book clearly indicates caffeine causes an insulin spike... so something to consider.

btownshreds is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cnico View Post
    Mark has a link on this site where he talks about coffee and its effects on glucose... he cites a recent study showing it increases the blood sugar in Type II diabetics.... and Atkins in his 1972 book clearly indicates caffeine causes an insulin spike... so something to consider.
    amazing advice once again. thank u. ill stick to my green tea lemonade
    Big brains discuss ideas
    Average brains discuss events
    Small brains discuss people...
    -Eleanore Roosevelt

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Green tea lemonade?

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cnico View Post
    Even black coffee??

Savage_ is offline Junior Member
    I tend to stick to black decaff with a sprinkle of cinamon to sweeten.

trippplez is offline Member
    Don't sweat the small stuff.

Okay, if you've sorted out the every last bit of the Primal eating, good, very good indeed ... but (on the cynical side) I highly doubt that a person wondering whether to ditch the coffee is looking, hm, let's say like Mark Sisson.

To recap: know THE priorities. There are lots of factors in one's lifestyle that are far more detrimental to health compared to coffee.

Good luck

BeBe is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage_ View Post
    I tend to stick to black decaff with a sprinkle of cinamon to sweeten.
    I prefer decaff too, it still helps me to wake up and does not affect much on my body though.

how do i convert wav to mp3
    free wav to mp3 converter download

tangentrider is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    i do regular with heavy cream for the first mug, then decaf with coconut oil after that. Whether it's officially "primal" or even totally healthy is another issue: I love the stuff.
    Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.