Thread: CrossFit & Primal Blueprint page

voodoo17 is offline Junior Member

CrossFit & Primal Blueprint

Shop Now
    Hello All,

I have a few questions and I'm not sure where to begin, so I'll just go at it. I have been doing CrossFit, or some other CrossFit type workouts (Military Athlete, SealFit, etc) for about two years now. I first went paleo about a year ago, and it completely changed my life. I recently discovered MDA, and the primal blueprint and have been following The Primal Blueprint type eating "strategy".

My Performance as a Crossfitter after discovering PB, in the beginning improved quite dramatically. However, here recently, I have been struggling - Not just my times, but my overall physical... well-being. I have stopped losing body fat, and instead starting losing muscle. Before you ask, I eat a lot of protein - that is the majority of my diet. I have also started feeling light headed when I stand up; nauseous when doing anything upside down (GHD Situps/HSPUS). I guess I just don't feel the same.

I am wondering if I should eat more. I have, in the past couple of weeks, started eating more carbohydrates, and that has seemed to get rid of the dizziness while standing for the most part - however, I still feel weak and I am still losing muscle/gaining body fat. I am debating starting to couple PB with the Zone diet, but I hate the though of weighing and measuring all of my food.

Has anyone else been in this position? While I crossfit, I do not do it though an affiliate, so it's not like I can just go ask my coach. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks!

M

flyer is offline Junior Member
    I belong to an affiliate here in California and I know that at least for me I have to consume more carbs then the primal blueprint recommends because I go at least 5 times per week plus all of the other walking/ moderate cycling, etc. that I do I definitely can't run on 50-100g of carbs per day. So I'd try increasing your carb intake and see if that helps also I've found that I have an overall better quality workout the earlier in the day that I do it so maybe try different times of the day as well. Good luck! Crossfit is awesome!! so is eating Primal
    Oh and I don't measure my food I eat when I'm hungry and it seems to work well.