Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fruit this time of year page

TCM
    TCM is offline Junior Member

Fruit this time of year

Shop Now
    I know a lot of people in this community limit fruit consumption, but boy, if there's any time of the year to up intake it's now...with the abundance of in-season, organic fruit. I had an organic nectarine today, and the flavor just exploded in my mouth. Not to mention things that are in season are chock full of nutrients...and they just taste so amazing that it lessens my temptation to indulge in things I shouldn't! Also had some local, organic Michigan strawberries that were just incredible.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    There's nothing wrong with fruit, especially organic fruit in season. Those of us who are diabetic or pre-diabetic (me), or trying to lose fat, just have to be careful. For Grok and Grokina, it was perfect that fruit coming ripe in the fall would help them store fat for the winter, and fruit coming ripe in the spring would help them rebuild the fat that was depleted during the winter. Or something like that. But they didn't have candy fruit like ours.

Enjoy
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

belinda is offline Senior Member
    I've been eating more fruit the past couple of weeks - something about sunny weather! And, I've lost two pounds in the last week
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

tarek is offline Senior Member
    We are designed to eat fruit. Perhaps not 20+ servings a day, but in the tropics, there are hundreds of species of sugary, wild fruits that grow year-round and have not been domesticated by man. Whole food fructose does not make you any fatter than whole food fat.

The bitter truth about fructose alarmism
    Wild and Ancient Fruit: Is it Really Small, Bitter, and Low in Sugar?

Sudenveri is offline Senior Member
    Two words: Cherry. Season.

secretlobster is offline Senior Member
    Berry picking is upon us! Go forth and gather! Even if you are limiting fruit, berries are some of the best foods you can eat.

jaysond is offline Senior Member
    its all about portion. i have 1/4 of an apple, handful of berries, 3 strawberries and 1/4 of a grapefruit everyday. i love it!

i went primal in feb 2010
    200lbs
    37% body fat
    38-40 waist

1 year to the day
    140lbs
    7.8% body fat
    29 waist

currently
    137lbs
    7% body fat
    29 waist

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tarek View Post
    We are designed to eat fruit. Perhaps not 20+ servings a day, but in the tropics, there are hundreds of species of sugary, wild fruits that grow year-round and have not been domesticated by man. Whole food fructose does not make you any fatter than whole food fat.

The bitter truth about fructose alarmism
    Wild and Ancient Fruit: Is it Really Small, Bitter, and Low in Sugar?
    I read, or skimmed, your very interesting links. But for about 2 million years our ancestral homeland was not tropical. Most of the time homo sapiens have been around has been ice age. Our direct ancestors may well have hunkered down by the ocean for tens of thousands of years.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

ShannonCC is offline Senior Member
    I'm a seasonal fruit eater I just don't feel like eating much fruit in the winter but come summer and I'm all over it. A life without watermelon? No way But only in the summer when it's actually sweet and delicious

I didn't eat much fruit my first month primal because it wasn't the right season yet, but the last week or two I've started eating more. Once the peaches are ripe enough to smell in the supermarket all bets are off! (still waiting for that!).

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    i had an organic nectarine yesterday. Mmmm! and a grapefruit. blackberries. i completely agree with shannon about watermelons (and other melons). big juicy melons are probably neolithic, but i'm not skipping them for the 2-3 weeks in the year they're in season here!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast