Thread: Primal berry crisp and apple crisp page

Althaur is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

I made these for desert for our Thanksgiving dinner yesterday and dinner with some friends today. Turned out wonderfully!

I cut up some golden delicious apples and threw them in a pan. Sauteed them with a stick of butter, some shredded coconut, cinnamon and nutmeg until soft and some Ideal sweetener.

For the berries, I threw some frozen blackberries and raspberries into a pan and cooked them down with some Ideal. I mashed up another 4 little boxes of fresh blackberries and set those aside, raw.

For the crisp, I used 2 cups of almond flour, a cup of coconut flour, a stick of butter, 2 eggs, a Tablespoon of vanilla and about 3 teaspoons of Ideal. Mixed it all together really well. I used all of this up for the Apple crisp and was out of almond flour. For the berries, I used only coconut flour and no almond flour in the crisp.

I poured the apples into a pan, and spread the "dough" on top. Popped it into the oven at 325 for about 20 minutes until the crisp was browning and firm.

For the berries, I put a thin layer of the coconut flour crisp on the bottom. I poured the cooked berries in and then added the freshly mashed blackberries on top. I then added the rest of the crisp mix to the top and baked at 325 for about 20 minutes as well.

I chilled both once they were cooled off from the oven. The berry crisp was eaten yesterday, cold with some fresh made whipped cream. I had to restrain myself since it was sooooooo good.

We'll be devouring the apple crisp and the rest of the berry crisp tonight.

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member

Isn't the ideal sweetener no sweetener at all?

(Ok, seriously, what is Ideal sweetener?)

The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

Althaur is offline Senior Member

Ideal is xylitol. Works pretty well for baking.