Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657

Thread: The Wife is RIGHT - Otter's Log page 57

Cave Woman is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Wishing you success, Ottercat!
    5'2"
    SW 147 lbs 12/26/11
    CW 122
    Goal weight 115? 120? I'll know when I get there.

"When I've fallen off dietary wagons before, the wagon stops, backs over me and leaves me for dead in the ditch. On PB, I can fall off, hang on with one hand, hold a cookie in the other, throw half away, and get right back on." ~Ottercat

Writing on the Cave Wall - my Primal Journal

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Hi Ottercat, I just subscribed to your journal (if I have time I'll read all of it, but for now I just read the last few pages).

Good luck on your IVF! I'm sure everybody here will be sending good vibes to you!
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    Hi guys, thanks for the well-wishes, I'm keeping fingers and toes crossed!
    @Candy - thanks for subbing, things may be a wee bit sparse over the next month or two........or I may start another journal entirely!
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Oy vey. If I get one more phone call today from the fertility drug pharmacy I'm going to take a baseball bat to the phone!
    On the plus side, I am baffled to discover that my insurance is going to cover most of it. I was prepared for a $5000 bill minus a few generic antibiotics, but the total came to............$147.

In non-primal news, I got a package of BB cream samples in the mail. Holy crap! Your pores and lines and blotches all vanish and I don't even look like I'm wearing foundation (which I can't because it just makes the lines and pores worse without covering the blotches). I got the Korean stuff off of Amazon, not the overpriced "western" brands.

In primal news:

Coffee rub for steak:

1/4c finely ground fresh coffee
    in powdered spice form:
    1T paprika
    2t mustard
    1T fresh black pepper
    1T kosher salt
    1t cumin
    1T oregano (crumbled fine)
    2t garlic
    2t onion

Mix together, rub all over a big flatiron steak (had some left over). Grill til the inside is 140 degrees (oops). I was going to take it off the heat when it hit 120 since it goes up 15 degrees while it's resting, but I wasn't paying attention. Surprisingly, it came out perfectly medium rare, lovely, pink, and tender inside.

Took the boys to the vet on Friday. I've always stuffed two cats into one carrier because they seem to calm each other, but one cat was a small female. This was the first time I've stuffed both boys into the carrier when they were full grown. It wasn't going very smoothly, so I tempted them with some catnip. Eventually got everyone packed up, examined, immunized, microchipped, and transported back home.....Except I forgot to put away the catnip!

catnip2.jpg
    Here's the Bebeh totally covered in catnip, just looking around like "Heyyyy, maaaan, good to see ya"

catnip1.jpg
    I can't really call the Bebeh my "little man" anymore. He is 14lb while Cattus is only 10!
    He not fat, he just fluffy.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Gorgeous boys. I love cats but they don't love me - sneezing, swollen eyes, asthma, the works...

Mind you, I've managed to get rid of all my other allergies by ditching low-carb so maybe it's time to go hang out with a friendly feline and see what happens.....

Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657