Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wife is RIGHT - Otter's Log page 53

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    Ooof sorry about that poisoning! The only food poisoning I've ever had was limited to the rear kind of elimination, and it was pretty mild (not so much for my boyfriend). I would've opted for ginger ale as well, primal or not! I wonder if ginger beer is a better option? Don't like the taste myself though.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Ugh - sucks to be you.

I like your breakdown of the day though, made me lol.

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    ooooo ottercat...I'm so sorry about your poisoning! not fun. Had food poisoning only once & never want it again!

Like Em...your description did make me laugh too. hope your right as rain soon!!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    I was just tired yesterday, but i did get up and shower and make an attempt at working before sacking out on the couch. Spent the day napping and reading Hunger Games (which was AWESOME btw).

Cattus likes to comfort me when I'm ill by standing on my bladder or trying to "share" my pillow with me, but eventually he gets it just right and becomes a comfy warm spot on my lap or an adorable snuggler with his arms around my neck.

News Update:
    Supermarket sushi stands falsely accused, El Hubbo stricken with same symptoms, Virulent Swine Flu Epidemic Sweeps Otter Household!

Of course, El Hubbo being who he is, he stayed at work for several more hours before coming home and crashing on the recliner. I was well enough to root through my travel supplies and come up with some Imodium for him. It must be a nasty bug because we are never sick at the same time. A few times, we've spent 20 hours travelling together only to have one of us flattened by a virus the next day, but not the other. We both got H1N1, but about 4 months apart.

I'm just puzzled as to where I would've picked this up because lately, the only times I'm out in public, I'm submerged in chlorine-water. I'm also a compulsive hand-washer (i.e. Japanese) and since it's winter, I can look not weird wearing gloves so I don't have to touch anything.

But then the last time my parents got really sick was after they'd gone to the movie theatre. Someone told me that in the South, a surefire way to contract lice was to let your head touch a movie theatre seat. The only thing I touched in there was the bathroom stall door and I washed my hands afterward, used the air dryer and there wasn't a door to touch while I was leaving.... BLEAH! I'm never going outside again.

I've been wondering. Isn't coconut oil antibacterial? Since I switched over to all coconut oil all the time, [TMI ALERT!] my stools haven't been "normal". I eat maybe 2T a day [of COCONUT OIL] if I eat a tablespoon on its own. Is that too much?
    Last edited by ottercat; 02-28-2012 at 06:59 PM.
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Yuck, how am I supposed to go grocery shopping when I don't feel like eating....

Ok, not completely, I sort of made a batch of Brazilian cheese buns and ate a little (1/4c of yogurt) in hopes of bolstering the troops who fought off the virus. El Hubbo requested "broth" for dinner so I'll stew up the leftover jasmine rice in some bone broth.

Yesterday I figured I was feeling better because I could watch TV and the fast food commercials without turning green. It was ok until the second episode of "Bizarre Foods America" and the close up of the lamb kidney sub and then I had to turn it off.

What I really want is another one of those Strawberry Lemonade Powerades, man, that was good! It was probably due to dehydration and not having sugar on a regular basis.... Bad Otter. Maybe a kombucha, tho.

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    oh man ottercat...I hope you & El Hubbo feel better soon!! Sounds like a stomach virus has made an appearance at the otter household!

Loved the mental picture of cattus on your pillow. I had a siamese cat a loonnggg time ago & that liked to sleep on my pillow. There is nothing like going to sleep with that soft purring in your ear!! I miss that.

take care of yourselves!!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

olehcat is offline Senior Member
    oh, ottercat! I'm so sorry about your tummy woes! I've had food poisoning a few times in my life, and it sucked so badly that I still remember vividly just how much it sucked. So yeah, that definitely is no fun whatsoever! :-p I hope you are feeling better soon!

WEDNESDAY

Thanks for all the get well wishes, you guys, they worked and I am now better! I even ate something yesterday.

It was a pretty busy day: swimming, ran a bunch of errands, went to QiGong with BFF who's in town this week, off to the dentist, then finally got home around 3:30 and made some eggs which I ate with the remaining Brazilian Cheese Buns. Our supermarket now has their own brand of "organic free-range" chicken (probably greenwashing, but marginally better than conventional) which I cooked following a recipe for Pan-Baked Chicken. Followed them to a tee and turned out more like Blackened Chicken or Smoked Chicken. Served them with asparagus and Beurre Blanc sauce. Then El Hubbo said, "I wish there was some ice cream" so I know he's feeling better too.

I haven't been to the dentist in YEARS so I was a little worried. He is young and cute, looks like Marshall from "How I Met Your Mother", but in a cute way. The new news is that I'm a teeth grinder. Apparently I grind my teeth so much that I have bulky overdeveloped muscles in my cheeks that can only come from teeth grinding. Eventually i'm going to knock all my teeth loose.

I guess I have a tight jaw because my mouth never hangs open even when relaxed, but I never notice that it's clenched. Once in awhile I'll wake up to find that I'm biting my tongue, but even that is rare. I'm wondering if I do it when I'm working out. After TKD I got used to breathing with my mouth closed because a mouthguard won't do you any good if your jaw is flappin'. Now when I'm tempted to mouth-breathe, I clamp down and grit my teeth. But I don't work out enough for it to be a problem.

He also thinks I should get braces to fix some alignment probs that are making things worse when I grind my teeth. I DONT WANT FRICKIN BRACES WHEN I'M 45! He doesn't think Invisalign will work either. Good gawd, it's not like I'm this snaggle-teefed horror.

Otherwise, it wasn't a bad check up. He was all excited about a new toy that uses UV to distinguish cavities from staining, but I had NOTHING light up. I got to look at lots of grotesquely huge pictures of my filling and the teeny bit of tartar behind my lower front teeth. He sighed and said, "pretty boring". Boring is good, we like boring.

Now I go for cleaning on Monday. That always reminds me of a comedian who said, "Me, I like to eat a package of OREOS before I go to the dentist!"

olehcat is offline Senior Member
    oh, oreos, how I miss them!

Sorry, that was completely off topic! Glad to hear the dentist wasn't too painful!

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Regarding the teeth grinding. I do it, my sister does it. In my case I have worn my teeth down to almost nothing. In my sister's case, she has eroded her jaw joints to the point that her dental surgeon put her on a "no chewing" diet. It was either that or end up replacing her jaw joints. DO NOT TAKE THIS LIGHTLY!!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast