Page 51 of 57 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wife is RIGHT - Otter's Log page 51

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by ottercat View Post
    filter filter filter just pick out the stuff that works for me personally, otherwise I'll be over in the kitchen twitching and drooling with a glassy look in my eyes, immobilized by information overload..............
    * snicker *

That's how I feel when I spent too much time on the nutrition forums. And then I think maybe I should just become a Breatharian.

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    * snicker *

That's how I feel when I spent too much time on the nutrition forums. And then I think maybe I should just become a Breatharian.
    Yeah! They get to eat chicken pot pies!
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

fucking hell. I wrote a long diatribe about interpreting your own genome and the innernets ate it.
    Or I forgot to push the Submit button.
    Anyway - eats were fine, I did my TRX workout, my knees hurt and I don't know why.

AND why does one need a pom-pom maker? Or pom-poms for that matter? Why would you need more than one or need so many one needs to go into production? [working in the livingroom and watching Martha Stewart bc she cracks me up]

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    uh, oh... I have no idea what that was. Do you still love me?
    Lol! Yeah, I still do.

FRIDAY

Activity: swimming 60m
    Lunch: 2 eggs fried in coconut oil over cauli-rice with some gochujang, coffee
    Snack: almonds, coffee
    Snack: cheese, gf pretzels, coconut oil
    Snack: gf lemon shortbread (whew, they're gone, never again!)
    Dinner: boneless chicken wings, zucchini chips (at pub)

before dinner Cal:1044, C:48, F:82, P:30 (really? only 30?!?)

I hate swimming! We spent like 20 minutes diving off the starting blocks and my effing goggles fell off every. single. time. >=(. There are two korean kids in the class and THEIR goggles didn't fall off so I can't use my funky bone structure and teeny face as an excuse. Actually there was one time they didn't fall off: I was trying not to dive too deep and smacked my face on the surface (face flop?). Then my goggles were suctioned on so tight I thought my eyeballs were going to pop out before I got to the other end of the pool.

Felt rather crap today. My knees and hips were aching, my back was tight which gave me a headache, my feet were cold. I've keep seeing posts about hypothyroidism so now I'm convinced I have myxedema. The test is that you pinch the skin on your upper arms and if it's not loose and pinchy, there's a gelatinous layer of MUCIN caused by your inadequate thyroid. If it's really bad it goes down into your hands and up to your face!!!! The skin over my shoulder caps is definitely not loose and pinchy.

This makes me wonder if there's a hereditary thyroid thing.......my brother was hyperthyroid, my cousin had some thyroid thing, my aunts are on the fluffy side for Asian women. That might explain the current fatness and the infertility in the face of everything being normal... My mom gave me a complex by saying "You have fat arms, like me" but maybe it's myxedema and not fat! Of course she also tried saying, "You have fat legs, like me", so I had her feel my quad and she screamed because it was all muscle =)

I've had my thyroid tested twice, but I can't get someone to do more than the TSH test. I guess I could go to the naturopath, but then I'd have to pay for tests and I just sent $2000 to cover the last IUI plus some leftovers from the surgery in october.

I've had my thyroid tested twice, but I can't get someone to do more than the TSH test. I guess I could go to the naturopath, but then I'd have to pay for tests
    Lady Friend just made her opening volley to the doctor this week, asking for more than the TSH test. It's going to be ugly.

GoLisaGo is offline Senior Member
    I'm going to print out some resources to show my doctor why a simple TSH test is not enough to properly treat my hypothyroidism. If push comes to shove and she won't do it, I will remind her that I am the customer, the consumer, and would like to establish a partnership for health rather than a dictatorship for symptom treatment (through pharmacueticals!). And if that doesn't work, she's fired. I will get order my labs online and pay for it with my Health Savings Account and shop around for a doctor who is more in tune with my philosophy.
    There's a crack inside of everything, that's how the light gets in. ~Leonard Cohen
    Journal, From Sick to Fit: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45653.html

Quote Originally Posted by GoLisaGo View Post
    I'm going to print out some resources to show my doctor why a simple TSH test is not enough to properly treat my hypothyroidism. If push comes to shove and she won't do it, I will remind her that I am the customer, the consumer, and would like to establish a partnership for health rather than a dictatorship for symptom treatment (through pharmacueticals!). And if that doesn't work, she's fired. I will get order my labs online and pay for it with my Health Savings Account and shop around for a doctor who is more in tune with my philosophy.
    I like your attitude, GoLisaGo! May I ask where you will order labs online? I'll pass that along to Lady Friend if her doctor decides to play Roadblock instead of Bridge.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Another reason why low-carb is a bad idea - It kills your T4 to T3 conversion.

Your TSH may be 'fine' by the lab ranges, which is 3.5 to 5 I think. Unfortunately for optimum health your TSH should be near zero and you'll never get a Doctor who agrees with that.

You may (like me) also have 'normal' T4 levels, which is the only variable your doctor will actually treat since thyroxine is the synthetic T4 compound sponsored by your friendly local pharmaceutical rep, but your liver may not convert it to T3 (the active hormone) properly. The only way to test this is with a Free T3 and Reverse T3 test, free will be low and rT3 will be up. The only way to fix this is with carbs and cytomel (synthetic T3) which most docs won't prescribe either but you can buy online from Mexico if you need it.

There is a LOT to this and conventional wisdom about thyroid health is woefully inadequate. Another very simple test is to take your temperature first thing in the morning. If it's below 97.7 you are almost certainly hypo.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    There is a LOT to this and conventional wisdom about thyroid health is woefully inadequate. Another very simple test is to take your temperature first thing in the morning. If it's below 97.7 you are almost certainly hypo.
    during which part of your cycle? I used to take my temperature to figure out when I was ovulating, but I don't remember what the ranges were. I have noticed that in the past two weeks (I've been trying to eat more) that my hair isn't coming out in handfuls.... But if you mix carbs and saturated fat isn't THAT the path to heart disease? How many carbs are "low"? I can have a cookie and a serving of pretzels and still come out under 100g. AAAAH!! twitch twitch drool drool

Page 51 of 57 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast