Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wife is RIGHT - Otter's Log page 3

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    TUESDAY

Finally remembered to weigh myself today: 130.6.............RATS! I've been stuck at 130 for a few weeks now. However, ToM is due any minute now so maybe some water weight will come off next week.

Links for ya:
    Otter's awesome under-desk exerciser
    Links to lactic-fermented condiment recipes! I'm really intrigued by the lactic mayo although it sounds like a recipe for salmonella poisoning.

Bfast: 3 eggs scrambled in ghee with kale, blueberries, iced decaf w/ stevia and coconut milk. TWO diet pepsi (what's the plural for "pepsi"? "pepsis" looks like a kind of blood disease)

Exercise: walked < 3miles, I went on my regular route and took a shortcut bc I didn't feel like walking anymore

Lunch: ground bison and beef heart over romaine salad, coconut chips, iced coffee

Dinner: homemade stroganoff over asparagus stir-fry (frozen bag), blueberries, not-really-hot-chocolate. White rice for Mr. Otter. Tried using coconut milk, but ended up sticking with sour cream. Daisy brand's only ingredient is "Cultured whole cream", but I tried churning it once and it wouldn't break so it must have some stabilizers in it.

Today kind of sucked, PMS and ToM are REALLY awful since I've been taking Clomid and i've only done 3 cycles since January. Despondent, listless, and unfocused all day. I didn't even complete my walk and I usually like walking.

That's my chubby loser excuse for the diet pepsi, anyway. Took a nap after lunch and felt a little better.

On the plus side, I put the light-blocking shade up in the bedroom. It's a little overcast today so it was really dark. Elder Cattus slept in there ALL DAY so I think the long days are affecting him too.
    Last edited by ottercat; 06-22-2011 at 10:41 PM.
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Keep it up! You can shake that weight!

Keep it up! You can shake that weight!
    I feel pretty good eating the way I have been and I'm on track for my workouts, so I am expecting to see some results. Maybe not this week, what with the water bloat and all. Actually, I was puffier before and felt trim this morning, which is why I remembered to weigh myself. It's hard not to focus on the belly when fatloss shows up around the edges first.

I got El Hubbo a shakeweight for Xmas as a joke!

I lurk around the journals here, have never commented on anyones until now. My partner is a former fencer as well, so that caught my interest. Good luck to you

Quote Originally Posted by dontmesswithpdx View Post
    I lurk around the journals here, have never commented on anyones until now. My partner is a former fencer as well, so that caught my interest. Good luck to you
    Yay for fencers! we have awesome glute development, no?

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Hi Otter,

Your awesome desk-exerciser clinical trial sent me looking for your journal. As a redhead I'm trying really hard not to make jokes about ginger pussies () but yours are cute!

Nanzi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanctus Real View Post
    Accountability is good! Maybe I should aim for more of that stuff. And I'm always on the lookout for new recipes, especially a fish recipe (I have so few of those), so please share.
    Sanctus Real, we have catfish(usa grown) at least once a week. I bake it @425 F for about 30 min or til flakey. I put generous amount of butter & coconut oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, dried or fresh basil, and squeeze some lime juice over it. The first time I cooked it I had forgotten to take the pizza stone out of the oven, so I just put the stainless pan on it. It was perfect. I have purposely left it in since then.
    This recipe also is great for bluefish, tilapia(I didn't buy it, I don't trust it for constant eating) and we've done it on the grill when it is too hot to light the oven. Cover the bottom of the pan with alum foil to avoid big bad cleaning of bottom of pan off the grill. We've added some white wine on occasion too.

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Hi Otter,

Your awesome desk-exerciser clinical trial sent me looking for your journal. As a redhead I'm trying really hard not to make jokes about ginger pussies () but yours are cute!
    Ha ha, thanks, Em! I know there's a naughty LOLcat in there somewhere ("Teh curtins match teh drapez")

@Nanzi: yum......... I have some cod languishing in the freezer that might be up for some of this!

THURSDAY (already? what happened?)

Bfast: 3 eggs omelet w/ kale and colby-jack, decaf w/ cream. Bleah! couldn't finish. Feeling kind of crappy so I'm going to ease up on the '6 hours between meals' rule and eat earlier if I get hungry.

Lunch: bone broth with oysters, spinach, miso. Nope, didn't get hungry earlier than normal.

Snack (oops): kombucha, 1/4c mixed nuts, 1/8c coconut flakes

Dinner: bacon-wrapped turkey tenderloin medallions, steamed broccoli w/ lacto fermented mayo, blueberries

Exercise: half-hearted kettlebell lower body workout

felt like ca-ca all day, no energy, no focus and didn't perk up until AFTER dinner. Oh well, maybe I'll lift a little when I go do my HIIT...
    Last edited by ottercat; 06-23-2011 at 10:55 PM.

Sanctus Real is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the recipe! I've got some cod in the freezer, might give that a try tomorrow night. And being I don't really want to go shopping and there's nothing else to eat in the house...
    Motherhood: When changing from pj pants to yoga pants qualifies as 'getting dressed'.

Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast