Page 1 of 2187 12311511015011001 ... LastLast

Thread: Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page

Kymma is offline Senior Member

Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style

Primal Fuel
    I have been doing a ton of reading since starting this primal journey. I love that I am reading out of my comfrot zone of knowledge and exercising my brain such a perk to the journey.

Jack Kruse's blog - Jack Kruse, and in particular the leptin information has really resonated. I decided to experiment and try to reset my leptin sensitivity. I will be blogging all about the experience, along with what I eat, pics, thoughts, results, etc every evening on my blog Kymma's Combobulation. The first post will be published this evening after dinner for those of you who may be interested.

A short recap of what the program is as I understand it:

For 6-8 weeks follow a strict paleo diet as follows:
    Eat 50g of protein (little to no carbs) within 30 minutes of waking
    Limit carbs to 50g a day
    Eat 3 meals a day, no snacking especially past 7:30pm
    Meal timing should be roughly 6:30am, noon and 6:30pm
    Stop all aerobic exercise
    Begin weight training when the answers to these questions are all yes:
    Do you notice you sweat more and have less muscle fatigue when you do exercise now?
    Have your carb cravings gone away?
    Is your hunger under control now?
    And are you waking up more refreshed? (from my Whole30 experience, I expect this to be end of week 2 or by mid-week 3)

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kymma View Post
    For 6-8 weeks
    Stop all aerobic exercise
    Begin weight training when the answers to these questions are all yes:
    Do you notice you sweat more and have less muscle fatigue when you do exercise now?
    Have your carb cravings gone away?
    Is your hunger under control now?
    And are you waking up more refreshed? (from my Whole30 experience, I expect this to be end of week 2 or by mid-week 3)
    not to poke holes in your plan or anything (i think it's good), but if you're giving up aerobic exercise and not lifting until you can answer those questions, will you be exercising at all?

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I'm doing this and I still plan on exercising. I don't have any fatigue now when I exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by primalrob View Post
    not to poke holes in your plan or anything (i think it's good), but if you're giving up aerobic exercise and not lifting until you can answer those questions, will you be exercising at all?
    To be honest, I'm not sure. I have a few questions. BUT, worst case scenario, 2-3 weeks of no exercise wouldn't be the worst thing. Since it is an experiment using this particular neurosurgeons program, I would like to follow it to the T or as close as possible. Giving up my 5k training when I was beginning to run for 20 minutes was a sacrifice. But if I am healthier for the long run as a result, it will be of little consequence that i missed 6-8 weeks of aerobic exercise.

I will comment on the blog and see if Dr. Kruse will give me the answer.

RachelZoe is offline Senior Member
    I am interested in your experience! What will you eat for your 50g of protein for breakfast?

Holy moly, it was the biggest breakfast ever and felt like an eating contest this morning!!! A 1/3 of a pie pan sized crust less ham and cheese quiche and 1.5 chicken sausages. I think i want to try pork tenderloin, maybe it would be more tasty in the morning. maybe I'll just eat a half of a quiche every morning instead of a third and sausage or bacon. Dr. Kruse also makes smoothies with coconut milk, heavy cream and 2 raw eggs. That sounds not so yum to me and my blender is broken.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I've been having 4 eggs and 2 oz of some kind of meat. That puts me around 46-48oz of protein dependent on the meat.

jkt2 is offline Member
    i ate a big hunk of prime rib for breakfast. i hope dr. kruse's leptin-resistance tips work because i'm tired of this stall (beyond a plateau).

DFH
    DFH is offline Senior Member
    Good for you. Several people started doing it 5-6 days ago and posted some updates here-

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread31847.html

I'm not sure if I need to do it, but I decided to try it instead of my usual grazing approach to see what happens. I find it hard to have what people would consider 3 full meals a day, and I'm not hungry, so I'm going to scale back a bit.

I think if we knew all there was to know, there would be more good info on how all hormones work on a circadian rhythm. Sleep, melatonin, leptin, and big protein in the morning would all be equally important.

Digby is offline Senior Member
    It is working well for me. I though the protein would be a challenge in the morning, but it has given me such an energy boost, now I'm looking forward to it.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism