Page 924 of 2187 FirstFirst ... 424824874914922923924925926934974102414241924 ... LastLast
Results 9,231 to 9,240 of 21866

Thread: Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page 924

squigglywiggly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrianag View Post
    Wait until your normal breakfast time.
    Thanks! I guess it is going to be a very long night for me LOL Darn head cold! My first one in well over a year!

RiverNeighbor is offline Senior Member
    Well, I have a full week of Leptin Reset eating under my belt. Not sure if taking the antihistimine for hives will delay my progress but doesn't matter - I still have untill 11/7 before I even talk to the Dr. about ordering the labs. Patience! I was able to get out a pair of jeans I'd put away for being too small, so great. Also - my dry cracked yucky heels are healing! Wow! I had thought that was due to all the extra weight pounding on them. If it's doing that on the outside no doubt some fabulous things are going on inside. There's also an old road rash scar on my elbow that seems to be working on itself??? Its turned red and a little itchy just like a wound that is healing.... Hmmm....
    Tackled K2, D3, Ubiquitol at the store yesterday.
    Today's goal is to order some PQQ.

Do have a question... Yesterday and today I woke up very stiff. Everywhere, even my neck. Both days it has completely cleared up after eating breakfast. Any thoughts? On the plus side I've been naturally waking up on my own rather than to a kid that is ready to get up....

Paleobirdy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LSSeeker View Post
    I almost laughed when you said to the point of distraction. I can only imagine.

I bet it's hormonal as I've only a few pounds to lose, but they are being stubborn and the sex drive is pretty low. "Taking my thoughts captive" and looking forward to my doc visit at the end of the month.

Why did you stop the DEA? What's it for?
    I seem to have missed reading a few threads here, so just replying now. Yes, distraction! Is this how 14 yo boys get through their day? I go on and off the DHEA so it doesn't cause problems with other things. I was on 10 mg for several weeks, then went off for a week (while I was getting blood tests, etc.), and have now started on 50 mg. I started the DHEA to improve sleep and because I thought most of my sex hormones were too low. The DHEA supplement helped right away, but I got a deal on the 50 mg caps. This weekend I went a bit off plan (carbs, sugar) and noticed breast tenderness so I backed off the DHEA until I get all the carbs out of my system. Since doing DHEA, I have noticed increased breast size, decreased waist, and no more vaginal dryness!, so I am going to stick with it, but still tinkering with the amount and the timing of taking it. Good news is that Kaiser will actually test for this, so I'll know if I am going too high.

merehart is offline Senior Member
    How long does DHEA stay in the system? In the article from Adrianag, some people took a DHEA supplement only twice a week. Would that be enough to help or effect hormones or does one need to take it daily for maximum effect?

And yes Adriana, that was a spooky article.

Raiken3712 is offline Senior Member
    I think I'm going to take 1 every 4 days....I have the 100 mg ones....that way I'm not getting 100 mg every day. If being on a SAD diet makes it likely I'm low I think I'll be fine. Taking the whole 100 mg every day might be a bad thing though. So I'll take one every four and see how things go. I've felt like I must have low hormones for awhile at least Testosterone because I don't have jack for hair compared to other guys I see and I've also been obese for awhile which can lower T lvls.

How much does this test cost? I'm pretty sure I can't really afford it at the moment...At least a 60 dollar fee just to see a doctor and than the testing cost...yeah probably too high at the moment. So making sure my dose is low should work for me. Should I do once every 5 or 6 days instead? It won't build up as fast but I may not need it that much. I'll make sure to track any difference in how I feel.
    Height: 6'1"
    Primal start date: July 1st 2011
    Start Weight: 275
    Current Weight: 248
    Stats below as of September 1st 2011 Tested via BodPod
    Body Fat 25.4%
    Fat Mass 63.721
    Fat Free Mass 74.6%
    Fat Free Mass 187.087
    Goal weight: 180-200 lbs(Recommended weight is around 180 for my height but that sounds low)
    Total lost so far: 27 lbs

Dextery is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobirdy View Post
    I seem to have missed reading a few threads here, so just replying now. Yes, distraction! Is this how 14 yo boys get through their day? I go on and off the DHEA so it doesn't cause problems with other things. I was on 10 mg for several weeks, then went off for a week (while I was getting blood tests, etc.), and have now started on 50 mg. I started the DHEA to improve sleep and because I thought most of my sex hormones were too low. The DHEA supplement helped right away, but I got a deal on the 50 mg caps. This weekend I went a bit off plan (carbs, sugar) and noticed breast tenderness so I backed off the DHEA until I get all the carbs out of my system. Since doing DHEA, I have noticed increased breast size, decreased waist, and no more vaginal dryness!, so I am going to stick with it, but still tinkering with the amount and the timing of taking it. Good news is that Kaiser will actually test for this, so I'll know if I am going too high.
    Regarding breast tenderness, Dr. K has the following on iodine deficiency and tenderness in section 7. WHAT ARE THE TOP TEN PALEO SUPPLEMENTS? | Jack Kruse

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettie View Post
    is there anybody doing this with less protein in the morning? i just started reading the thread and only managed to read about 10-15 pages, so i'm sorry if you talked about this before!

its my 2. try to jump on the wagon. i have pcos and my doc. told me that i'm no longer IR due my healthy eating habits and working out, but i still can't loose any of this last *** pounds.
    so its my 5th morning i try to eat 50gr. of protein but there is no way for me to manage the whole 50gr. on the 30gr. mark i start to feel really sick, if i force myself to around 40gr. i feel sick all day. of course i'm not gonna eat much more this way, but that's not a healthy way... especially if i skip my workouts cause i need to stay in bed with a hot water bottle on my belly.

it's probably not the protein itself but the amount of food! i will try smoothies with raw eggs, but don't think i can handle to drink 6 raw eggs either... i had pork roast with 3 eggs this morning, could handle 2,5 eggs and about 2/3 of the meat and even thinking of more food makes me feel like crap
    ok i have to mention that i need to eat high fat, if i eat protein (or carbs) without enough fat i get low bloodsugar issues later that day!

honestly do you all think the 50gr. rule is the same for a 200lbs+ person and somebody like me, with 150lbs and just 10-15 lbs away from goal weight. should i just stop eating when i feel its enough and see how far it takes me? i stopped snacking 2 months ago when i started my new job, and that feels really right for me, i also started some IF, and i feel good doing that, but i really want to give that whole leptin RX a try, as it makes a lots of sense to me cause of my pcos.
    Bettie,
    Dr. Kruze says that 50 grams is not cast in stone. The goal is to eat a big enough breakfast so that you don't get hungry for snacks before & after lunch. If you get hungry for snacks during the day, then you must eat a bigger breakfast. He says that breakfast should be the biggest breakfast of the day, and big enough to stop snacking. So try 25 grams and see if that works for you.

Grizz

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by squigglywiggly View Post
    Thanks! I guess it is going to be a very long night for me LOL Darn head cold! My first one in well over a year!
    If you are not supplementing with D3 you should. It will cut back on colds big-time!

JanSz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by colleencoble
    Hormones. That's the base of all migraines according to Dr. Dzugan. And I believe him because I tried everything known to man for 30 years. But included in the hormones are female hormones, thyroid, pregnenolone and dhea. I took many supplements, most of the same ones Dr. Kruse recommends.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSurgeon View Post
    Colleen....love ya. Cause this is spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrianag
    Dr K is huge on bioidentical hormones. Hormone replacement was the first question he asked me when I saw him in his office. (he had examined xrays and history before coming into the exam room).
    I dont discuss it here because that discussion requires treatment and generally i have lay eyes and hands on you to make a diagnosis and treatment plan.
    Discussions are for education, not only for treatment.
    Educated person is able to appreciate when he/she is properly treated and it helps with protocol compliance.
    Ideed there are doctors who are rather shy with details, because they want to get paid for their presentations or write a book.
    You dr Kruse have put logically together tremendous amount of information and shared it with us, the few more details is not going to make difference to you, but can round up the whole picture much better.

At first you have hesitated in providing list of tests. Now we have them, very helpfull, thank you.

. Making love is better than supplementing oxy. I am pretty in line with Terry. Dr. D is too conservative for me.

Lay man's view, I am not MD.
    Dr Tierry is an excellent source of information. What he do not know, likely his great great grandfather did not had a chance to teach him.
    Fourth generation of doctors. Dr Hertoghe knows a lot.
    In his 2010 edition of The Hormone Handbook there is a lack a word leptin.
    I hope next edition will have something on it.
    His handbook is a compilation of singular protocols.
    To little on interaction between protocols.

Dr Dzugan, is indeed conservative, but he was already developing bio-identical hormonal therapies in 1978 and probably before that.

Other than overal description of a process, he describes six sample cases, where there is a flavor of overall treatment of complete patient.
    Then he have two more books and research/compilation of his experience.

Dr Dzugan on a smaller scale, did similar to what you did dr Kruse, he have put pieces (groups of problems) together.
    Many well educated doctors have similar knowledge that you have,
    but you have put the pieces of puzzle together.

Hoping to read on your view on how to adjust Steroid and Thyroid panels.

=========
    DHEA and pregnenolone are under appreciated.

Too many want to add T4 or T3 or NTH to their diet before they are ready for it, before they worked on foundation.

Until couple years ago nobody talked about vit D.

Last edited by JanSz; 10-20-2011 at 04:48 PM.

JanSz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by colleencoble View Post
    Can I just say I hate cancer. My dearest friend is battling recurrent ovarian cancer and is so sick. I want to kick something and scream. I got the book you recommended, Doc, the Anti-Cancer one. But she hasn't been able to eat since June. Keeps nothing down. The cancer is inside her stomach now. She's on a new chemo, a dual one that contains cistoplatin. She can't take supplements since she can't keep anything down. I'm researching something alternative but I'm just not sure where to turn.
    Due to political Correctness and other reasons
    Dr Gonzales is (only) taking cases that have been declared hopeless.

It is written more about pancreatic cancer but I called and they also treat ovarian.
    ======================================
    Dr. Gonzalez - Individualized Nutritional Protocols - Enzyme Therapy

Nicholas J. Gonzalez, MD PC
    Linda L. Isaacs, MD
    36A East 36th Street
    Suite 204
    New York, N.Y. 10016
    Phone: 212-213-3337

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nichola...lez_(physician)

Nicholas Gonzalez (physician)
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Nicholas James Gonzalez
    Nationality American
    Fields cancer, nutrition
    Alma mater Cornell University Medical School
    Influences William Donald Kelley
    Dr. Nicholas James Gonzalez, M.D., is a New York-based physician. Dr. Gonzalez has received significant attention for his controversial[1][2][3] therapies that target cancer. His practice is currently based in New York City. He developed the Gonzalez protocol, a treatment of cancer based on the belief that cancer is caused by toxins and physiological imbalances. Gonzalez's treatment methods have been rejected by the medical community,[1] and Gonzalez has been characterized as a quack and fraud by other doctors[3] and health fraud watchdog groups. In 1994 he was reprimanded and placed on two years' probation by the New York state medical board for "departing from accepted practice," although he never explicitly rejected more orthodox treatments and practices.[1][3] In 1999 Dr. Gonzalez published an article describing prolonged life in a small group of patients with pancreatic cancer in the peer-reviewed journal Nutrition and Cancer;[4] subsequently others concluded that the longer survival time reported by Gonzalez was due to selection bias and other confounds.[5][6]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gonzalez Regimen (PDQ) - National Cancer Institute

Overview

This complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) information summary provides an overview of the Gonzalez regimen as a treatment for people with cancer. The summary includes a brief history of the science and philosophies of care that have influenced development of the regimen, the results of research and clinical studies, and side effects that have been associated with this treatment approach.

This summary contains the following key information:

The Gonzalez regimen is a complex cancer treatment that is tailored by the practitioner for each specific patient.
    Existing clinical data concerning the effectiveness of the Gonzalez regimen as a treatment for cancer are limited with conflicting results.
    Pancreatic enzymes taken orally are the primary agents within the regimen thought to have direct antitumor effects. The enzymes are derived from porcine (pig) sources.
    The regimen also includes specific diets, vitamin and mineral supplements, extracts of animal organs, and coffee enemas.
    The Gonzalez regimen is currently available only to the patients of its developer.
    A variety of diet regimens similar to those in the Gonzalez regimen are associated with cancer prevention, but none have been shown to be effective as cancer treatments.
    Compliance with the Gonzalez regimen may be extremely difficult for patients because of the large number of pills taken per day (150) and the strict dietary protocols.
    Last edited by JanSz; 10-20-2011 at 01:37 PM.