Page 877 of 2187 FirstFirst ... 37777782786787587687787887988792797713771877 ... LastLast
Results 8,761 to 8,770 of 21865

Thread: Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page 877

Kace is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextery View Post
    You have to change how you view yourself and you have to resolve and think that you can do this no matter what. Your thinking controls how well you will do on the Leptin Reset. If you think you can do it, then you can. If you doubt it will work, then it will not work. You can either do the reset or you can try to do the reset. If you try, you will succeed in trying to do the reset. You will never actually do the reset. There is no try...there is only do.

If you are tired of feeling like crap, you will do the reset.
    + 10,000 (at least!)

Raiken3712 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextery View Post
    And lots of Vit D3. Read Dr Kruse's blog on Vit D, the sunshine of your life. Vitamin D optimization thoughts | Jack Kruse Be sure you read the comments section. One of our posters here recounts how he took 2.5 million IU of Vit D3 for a week and then 100,000IU a day and now is on 50000IU a day.

Vitamin D Council > Information on Vitamin D, Vitamin D Deficiency and Vitamin D Toxicity This Vit D council website links to three pages of info about Autism and its relationship to Vit D3.
    Whoiam

I think Dr. K would also recommend ketogenic too meaning 0-50 grams of carbohydrates...25-30 would be good...might just want to put him on the reset as well or as close to on it as possible. Follow all the rules you can... Ketogenic diets are used in many people with issues related to the brain so it might be helpful.

http://jackkruse.com/why-the-paleo-d...ng-your-brain/

Read this article it might be of interest.
    Last edited by Raiken3712; 10-13-2011 at 11:09 PM.
    Height: 6'1"
    Primal start date: July 1st 2011
    Start Weight: 275
    Current Weight: 248
    Stats below as of September 1st 2011 Tested via BodPod
    Body Fat 25.4%
    Fat Mass 63.721
    Fat Free Mass 74.6%
    Fat Free Mass 187.087
    Goal weight: 180-200 lbs(Recommended weight is around 180 for my height but that sounds low)
    Total lost so far: 27 lbs

Quote Originally Posted by whoiam View Post
    Thanks! I am going shopping tomorrow will plan a start date for my reset. I am very hesitant with the eggs... the rash and vomiting are pretty harsh and the eggs simply come back undigested. May just start with some pork and then try the eggs later.
    I developed an egg intolerance about a week before starting the reset (it began following a stomach bug), so have been doing it without eggs for four weeks now (with a restart after two weeks because I ate after dinner and before bed). I wouldn't worry too much about the eggs yet. There are other ways to get all that protein in at breakfast (I find that cooking an extra portion at dinner specifically for breakfast is very useful).

Quote Originally Posted by whoiam View Post
    I did however after 8 months of vegetarianism have a real meat dinner... 4 ounces of pork loin pan-fried in mustard and EV Olive Oil and a whole avocado. It was wonderful! But I have a problem? I don't normally eat large meals and that should have been more than enough to satisfy me, but I feel like i am starving! I don't want fruit or any of the vegetarian crap in my house... I want more MEAT!!! I assume this is my body trying to tell me something. Probably a good thing I only bought the one little 4 ounce loin huh? Or I would be gorging myself on meat tonight and probably feel awful all night long. Anyway rambling again, sorry for that.
    Yes, your body is telling you what it needs! Good stuff!

squigglywiggly is offline Senior Member
    A few months ago my doctor put me on Vit D3 with crazy low vit D levels. He has me on Cal.D.Forte 1.25mg colecalciferol once a month. Do I need more?

I can't find the piece of paper with my Vit D levels on it but I know I was well under the lowest part of the range LOL

Leptin reset koolaid? Can anyone enlighten me? I don't seem to be using the search function correctly...
    Thank you!

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kace View Post
    Leptin reset koolaid? Can anyone enlighten me? I don't seem to be using the search function correctly...
    Thank you!
    Dr. Kruse Leptin Reset Links Index
    https://docs.google.com/document/pub..._8E-XYOo&pli=1

Dextery is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by squigglywiggly View Post
    A few months ago my doctor put me on Vit D3 with crazy low vit D levels. He has me on Cal.D.Forte 1.25mg colecalciferol once a month. Do I need more?

I can't find the piece of paper with my Vit D levels on it but I know I was well under the lowest part of the range LOL
    Take a look at this NZ blog re vit D. Want to Live Longer? Get More Vitamin D | Green Foods Online's Blog Your tablet has 50000IU. Most of us who have become aware of Vit D deficiency started with 10000IU daily and backed down to 5000IU daily. Read Dr K's blog about the sunshine vitamin and read the comments section. http://jackkruse.com/the-sunshine-of-your-life/Vit D3 in the US is over the counter and does not need to be prescribed by a doc. In looking around NZ websites, it looks like the max dosage per gelcap is 1000IU...so if I was there I would take 5 of those a day. http://www.bing.com/search?q=vitamin...c=IE-SearchBox
    I do know people in the UK order Vit D3 from Iherb.com in the US that ships worldwide. I think you have to be careful of the value of the shipment for customs.

We want our serum level to be 70 to 100ng/ml
    Last edited by Dextery; 10-14-2011 at 04:40 AM.

geostump is online now Senior Member
    @whoiam, it's extremely difficult to find whole fat greek yogurt even in the states. It took me 5 months to find it and it was by a fluke that I found it in a small whole in the wall store. It's the Fage brand and it really good.
    Georgette

Dextery is offline Senior Member
    Dr K has put up a new posting regarding hair loss and how the use of hair restoration drugs can destroy one's health....and other things. http://jackkruse.com/the-not-so-hard...out-hair-loss/
    Last edited by Dextery; 10-14-2011 at 05:08 AM.