Page 845 of 2187 FirstFirst ... 34574579583584384484584684785589594513451845 ... LastLast
Results 8,441 to 8,450 of 21866

Thread: Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page 845

Owl
    Owl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrianag View Post
    Fabulous turnaround...
    "Extreme" is having a kidney transplant.
    "Extreme" is having your daughter compromise her health and her finances for life.
    "Extreme" is compromising your own finances for the rest of your life.

"Not extreme" is changing what you eat.
    Yes, it seems like transplants and bariatric surgery are the norm, and low carb diets are now extreme!

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Anything I can do for a sinus infection without going to the doctor? I feel like total crap and can't take time off and I'm not sleeping at all.

Dextery is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Anything I can do for a sinus infection without going to the doctor? I feel like total crap and can't take time off and I'm not sleeping at all.
    How about 100,000IU of Vit D3 a day for a couple of weeks? It will rev up your immune system by activating your Killer T cells to seek out and kill the invading bacterias and viruses you have in your body. Reread the posting by Quelson about how he took a million IU plus immediately and then backed it down. Toxicity is not a problem. I can attest as many can across the paleo world, that Vit D3 is protecting them from colds, flu, and worse.

Here is Quelsons...cut and paste:
    In april my labs for D3 were 17. last week they were 85.

What i did to correct that was MASSIVE doses of D3. I took 2,500,000 iu in the first week. for the next three weeks I took 100,000 iu daily. I am now on 50,000 iu daily.

It is critical to remember that while you are not optinmal your body is stealing the D3 for other things that it woudl not normally use it for. Additionally we store 2 million or so IU for emergencies. I suspect i ran out decades ago.

Also remember that if your reserves are gone you CANNOT make D3 from sunlight, that pathway is the first to go.

If you look at the effects of too much versus too little you find that too much is a far better state of heath than too little.
    Last edited by Dextery; 10-12-2011 at 07:08 AM.

Freshveggies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LSSeeker View Post
    I asked Dr. Davis a question about the blood glucose and post prandial readings, etc. He had said a couple of things that I was confused about so I asked. I wanted to share it with you guys.

"Dr. Davis,
    If a person has a high fasting number, (115) is the goal to stay at the original number after a meal? I have a fasting glucose number of 83-85, so should my ideal number one hour or so post meal be close to or identical to the start or just below 100? I’m a little confused.

Dr. William Davis says:
    October 5, 2011 at 7:43 am
    At this low a starting value, just staying below 100 mg/dl is a great goal.

The “no higher” advice was meant for people who start at 100 mg/dl or higher blood sugar.

I was thinking my 60-75 min. post meal reading needed to be the same as the start figure. It doesn't because I'm starting so low. If I was above 100, it would be different.

This is encouraging and less restrictive.

I'm starting to feel a little like "FreshVeggies". I am so convinced that I need testing at the end of the month. I'm starting to feel like I'm banging my head against the wall too. One other little tidbit I found yesterday was that DK said if the cortisol levels aren't normal, the person is still LR. That would makes sense for the weight gain or stall.
    Thanks for the info. My fasting has been so different. In the last 3 days fasting has been in the 70's then yesterday it was 91 and today it is 88.
    Last edited by Freshveggies; 10-12-2011 at 11:15 AM.

Sooner Girl is offline Junior Member
    Hi everyone, I've been reading this forum for a long time and so appreciate all the information provided here. I've been on Kruse's leptin reset for about five weeks now. After three rounds of hcg, this has helped me stabilize. (I bounce back and forth between the hcgdietforum & this one.) My hubby started at the same time (no hcg) and he has lost now 10 pounds and doing great. I am having some of the leptin benefits with better sleep, waking more energized, clearer thinking, controlled appetitite etc.

Amber, I think you should be fine on the top ten paleo supplements. The hcg supplements Kruse posted were for those on hcg injections and only while they were on the rx. Depends on the hhcg you were using. Many do list hcg in the ingredients they just break it down. Others just use other vitamins and minerals that claim your body will produce the hcg. There are just so many variations. You can find tons of information on the hcg at this forum http://www.hcgdietforum.com
    Last edited by Sooner Girl; 10-12-2011 at 07:26 AM.

Sooner Girl is offline Junior Member
    Needing some help with my 18 year old daughter with PCOS. She has been on the reset for five weeks as well. We all eat strictly paleo - Kruse reset style. She has been prescribed metformin in the past for her PCOS. It seems to help keep her cycles regular, although she uses some progesterone as well. She fell out of the habit of taking the metformin and recently started again. It is making her sick to her stomach. Now she is having trouble eating the BAB. Her FBG is 90. Any suggestions on this? Should she discontinue the metformin since she is eating VLC? I don't want the side effects to jeopardize her success at the leptin reset.

Dextery is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooner Girl View Post
    Needing some help with my 18 year old daughter with PCOS. She has been on the reset for five weeks as well. We all eat strictly paleo - Kruse reset style. She has been prescribed metformin in the past for her PCOS. It seems to help keep her cycles regular, although she uses some progesterone as well. She fell out of the habit of taking the metformin and recently started again. It is making her sick to her stomach. Now she is having trouble eating the BAB. Her FBG is 90. Any suggestions on this? Should she discontinue the metformin since she is eating VLC? I don't want the side effects to jeopardize her success at the leptin reset.
    The metformin is for controlling blood sugar. On a primal, ketogenic, paleo diet, we do not eat a lot of things that spike insulin so eating paleo doesn't spike the insulin, then the metformin can lower the blood sugar too low....leading to possibly passing out.
    With fast BG at 90 she should not be on any blood glucose controlling meds.

Lots of ladies here that are PCOS and can tell you how primal eating on the Leptin Reset is working.

This link is to PCOS on Dr K's blog. http://jackkruse.com/?s=pcos Once there, use control F and then enter PCOS and all the references to PCOS will be highlighted in yellow.
    Last edited by Dextery; 10-12-2011 at 07:41 AM.

DigitalSurgeon is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post

What i did to correct that was MASSIVE doses of D3. I took 2,500,000 iu in the first week. for the next three weeks I took 100,000 iu daily. I am now on 50,000 iu daily.

It is critical to remember that while you are not optinmal your body is stealing the D3 for other things that it woudl not normally use it for. Additionally we store 2 million or so IU for emergencies. I suspect i ran out decades ago.

Also remember that if your reserves are gone you CANNOT make D3 from sunlight, that pathway is the first to go.

If you look at the effects of too much versus too little you find that too much is a far better state of heath than too little.
    I would love for you to post this on my vitamin D blog sunshine of your life. Other docs need to see this......when i tell them this they just dont believe it. Morbidly obese patients often have to do extraordinary things to right the ship

Heidi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post

That blows my mind how much d3 you had to take to reach 85. I think I'll up my d3 a little, especially with Michigan winter coming soon. My d3 was 18 this past March. The doctor didn't even tell me to supplement or anything. I had to learn about the importance of d3 from this and other threads here.
    I'm retraining and strengthening my taste buds, one primal meal at a time.

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooner Girl View Post
    I have PCOS - but I can't speak to taking metaformin... as I've been paleo/primal for a year - and my BG, and HbA1C - show I'm not insulin resistant. I am finding greater consistency w/TOTM. I've had 3 cycles since starting the Leptin Reset, prior to that I was either pregnant/nursing for the past 4yrs. (Still nursing ds as well who's 18mths) prior to the pregnancies - I never really had a consistent TOTM - and when I would get them they'd be painful as all get out!

As far as BG - have her start tracking her BG pre/post meals (every 15min after she's done eating) to establish how much she's spiking during the hr after she's eating... Dex - gave you some info - and there's also a few pages back - a good explanation of what postprandial BG should look like according to Dr Davis... Remember Shoot for Optimal...
    The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
    What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

Converted to PB November 2010
    SW 190lb
    Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
    25 Sep 2011 160lbs
    1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
    GW ~135lbs
    5'3"
    Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html