Page 685 of 2187 FirstFirst ... 18558563567568368468568668769573578511851685 ... LastLast
Results 6,841 to 6,850 of 21865

Thread: Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page 685

DigitalSurgeon is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I know with the fact that with my father having MS, my PCOS and my husband being a type 2 diabetic, our kids our probably doomed to have autoimmune issues. My oldest seems to be showing classic signs of PCOS at 12, overweight, all her fat is in her stomach, acne, darken skin patches, you name it. Middle daughter just seems to have the bloated gut, anemic and slight headaches. I always just assumed that her bloated gut was a part of getting older/puberty. My youngest is a migraine sufferer, she doesn't get them often but she does get them.

I have no desire to get into healthcare as a profession and actually just left a DME. I really have no desire to go back again.
    We Incorporate Genetic Information From the Food We Eat, New Study Finds | Popular Science

This should make everyone really think

Quote Originally Posted by Adrianag View Post
    Dr K, this article says it's 50/50 in the US. My raw milk supplier has Jerseys.
    http://www.acresusa.com/toolbox/repr...9_Woodford.pdf
    I dont buy it at all. All commercial milk tested in stores has tested badly here.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    Two misunderstandings, I think:
    - A2 is the original and *good* milk protein. Dr K may be meaning to say that 100% of A1 milk is in the US, or perhaps that almost all US milk is A1.
    - Dr. K, merehart is asking about copper *EXCESS* and whether it can cause those or other problems. And how common is that?
    Very uncommon. There is a disease called wilsons disease that this is seen. In twenty yrs i have never seen a case

Quote Originally Posted by LSSeeker View Post
    I got this info from: What is a Normal Blood Sugar?

"Normal Fasting Blood Sugar
    A normal fasting blood sugar (which is also the blood sugar a normal person will see right before a meal) is:

83 mg/dl (4.6 mmol/L) or less.

Many normal people have fasting blood sugars in the mid and high 70 mg/dl (3.9 mmol/L) range.

Though most doctors will tell you any fasting blood sugar under 100 mg/dl (5.6 mmol/L) is "normal", there are several studies that suggest that testing with a fasting blood sugar in the mid 90 mg/dl (5 mmol/L) range often predicts diabetes that is diagnosed a decade later.
    Post-Meal Blood Sugar (Postprandial)
    Independent of what they eat, the blood sugar of a truly normal person is:

Under 120 mg/dl (6.6 mmol/L) one or two hours after a meal. "
    My answer is a fasting bg below 88

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobirdy View Post
    DrK, GREAT posts on the Brain!!!!! Thank you!! Just a question though. I was surprised about the American cheese. I get mine from Trader Joe's and a few other "natural" places. The TJ's doesn't have enzymes or natural flavors, but the others have enzymes. Do these added enzymes create too much MSG in the final product? How does this compare with "background noise" glutamates in other foods?
    Yep.....you got to read labels

Quote Originally Posted by tidmutt View Post
    Been noticing a new change recently, the satiety signal is kicking in much more quickly both at breakfast and dinner but particularly dinner. I used to be able to eat massive amounts and then some time later feel overfull. Lately I'm feeling full half way through the meal, last night I left part of dinner and put it in the fridge for breakfast which almost never happens. It's exciting to see another positive change occurring.
    Awesome sign

Quote Originally Posted by Shijin13 View Post
    I noticed that a while back...now I'm finding I'm serving myself less! and I'm happy w/whats on my plate...no need for 2nds... Its a nice feeling... whats even better Is I'm eating bkfst a bit earlier... and lunch a bit later... I could probably skip lunch occasionally but I don't want to put myself in the "Snack Zone" b/c I really wasn't ready to skip lunch... now if I'm out to lunch & I'm being served something and Don't have control over lunch...well then... I can either skip lunch... or eat after the event
    You wont need a doc.......youre well on your way already to repair. Keep it up. Serum cortisol is a waste. Very innaccurate and you can tell your endo i said so

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherH View Post
    Dr. K, quick question.
    I am normally a hot woman. I never use covers in bed and am always blasting the ac. I'm never cold.
    However, I'm 3 weeks in to the reset and am finding myself cooler. I've actually used covers a few times this week. Could this be my body getting regulated since my hormones were so out of whack? Makes sense or no? Should I expect to get warmer again as I continue the reset?
    Thanks!
    This is a great sign too keep it up leptin is regaining control

Quote Originally Posted by merehart View Post
    Thanks MamaGrok!

Dr. K, my husband's results came back with high levels of copper, and from everything I researched there is a direct link. Copper can elevate just from stress, partly because it reduces zinc. Its also present with a deficiency or other minerals- iron, selenium....

It is linked to adrenal insuffuciency because even if you have sufficient amounts of copper, they may be biounavailable, which then leads to an excess. What I found interesting is that women usually have higher levels, but my husband is showing them. I thought it may be connected.
    If stress is the cause then the follow up test should be a dhea-s and free and total testosterone which should be bad......if so 50 mgs a day of zinc and adding adaptogens for six weeks then retest. If those labs are still low then i would consider replace of dhea and testosterone to jump start him

Quote Originally Posted by Adrianag View Post
    I was looking at cheeses yesterday but did not see them labeled as raw...how do you know which are and which aren't?
    Ask the cheese folks at whole foods. They all know which ones are