Page 684 of 2187 FirstFirst ... 18458463467468268368468568669473478411841684 ... LastLast
Results 6,831 to 6,840 of 21866

Thread: Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page 684

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    ATTENTION DR. KRUSE: It's *A2* that is the good protein. A1 is the bad one. I know, it doesn't make any sense, but that's the way it is.

Only small farmers still use Jersey and the other traditional, A2 breeds.
    Some more info on A2:

“Keith Woodford, in the book 'Devil in the milk', writes:
    Some thousands of years ago a genetically different strain of milk appeared, now known as 'A1' milk. The original 'A2' milk is generally produced by cattle in Africa, Asia, France and Guernsey. Goat and camel milk is also 'A2'. Cattle in other countries generally produce mainly 'A1' milk. There is only one genetic difference between A1 and A2 milk, being the amino acid at position 67 in the chain of 209 amino acids that make up beta-casein protein in milk. In the case of A1 beta-casein the amino acid at position 67 is histidine, whereas with A2 beta-casein it is the amino acid proline... However this small difference results in the milk having quite a different chemical - and perhaps physiological - effect. This is because the proline forms a strong bond with the amino acids in positions 66 and 68. In A1 milk, the histidine linkage with its neighbours is more “easily broken by digestive enzymes... The breakdown of these links through digestion creates a protein fragment known as BCM7 (beta-casomorphin-7) which acts as an opiate."[2]
    The book also seeks to make a link between consumption of A1 milk and heart disease[3], consumption of A2 milk and longer life expectancy,[4] as well as numerous other claims.

A2 milk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Talks about casein, A2 milk etc.

"This opiate BCM 7 has been shown in the research outlined in the book to cause neurological impairment in animals and people exposed to it, especially autistic and schizophrenic changes. BCM 7 interferes with the immune response, and injecting BCM 7 in animal models has been shown to provoke Type 1 diabetes. Dr. Woodford presents research showing a direct correlation between a population’s exposure to A1 cow’s milk and incidence of auto-immune disease, heart disease (BCM 7 has a pro-inflammatory effect on the blood vessels), type 1 diabetes, autism, and schizophrenia. What really caught my eye is that BCM 7 selectively binds to the epithelial cells in the mucus membranes (i.e. the nose) and stimulates mucus secretion."
    “The Devil in the Milk” — Dr. Thomas Cowan on how the A1 – A2 factor explains why even raw milk sometimes does not seem to be enough of an improvement over “store-bought” | The Bovine
    Last edited by Sue; 09-21-2011 at 06:49 PM.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    “Keith Woodford, in the book 'Devil in the milk', writes:
    Some thousands of years ago a genetically different strain of milk appeared, now known as 'A1' milk. The original 'A2' milk is generally produced by cattle in Africa, Asia, France and Guernsey. Goat and camel milk is also 'A2'. Cattle in other countries generally produce mainly 'A1' milk.
    That must be why the butter was so much yummier in Africa. I couldn't stop eating the stuff. I bought some butter when I got home but meh.

DigitalSurgeon is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by indigogirl View Post
    I made chocoloate candy with Nativa cacoa powder, coconut butter, coconut flakes, pistachios and stevia. I had it at the end of dinner so I wasn't snacking.
    OK on the reset?
    fine....

Quote Originally Posted by Glamorama View Post
    Ps! I've been reaping the rewards of being LS for a while now, but in the last 3 weeks my sex-drive has gone from insane to NIL. It's weird, it's just gone. It was very high in the weeks after doing PB and the Leptin-Rx. It feels like several other things have changed too; e.g I often feel sleepy after lunch, and my weightloss has completely stalled. Anyone know what this could be? I haven't changed my diet or way of eating, but my leaky gut is still in the process of healing. I sleep well, exercise, LHT and take all my supplements without fail.
    I do. I am seeing this in the states now for the opposite reasons. Here we are headed to shorter light and shorter days. This effects pineal thryoid pathways for circadian rythmns. And it down regualtes the T3. You are facing the same issue the other way......longer days are stimulating you pineal to upregulate your T3 but it has not kicked in as yet but will. Make sure your D is optimal........because this is critical to the light reset that occurs winter to spring and summer to fall........this is why my vitamin D post says you need to be at 60 ng for yoru D by Sept 15 (northern Hemisphere)

Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    ATTENTION DR. KRUSE: It's *A2* that is the good protein. A1 is the bad one. I know, it doesn't make any sense, but that's the way it is.

Only small farmers still use Jersey and the other traditional, A2 breeds.

And on a crazy note, 1.5 years ago, right after I went primal, I started wondering if I had lost the hair on my arm. There seemed to be very little. Last week, I noticed it's back. Is this a thyroid thing? Leptin? HCl? Crazy!
    OK Im ass backwards......The key issue is our cows here are the bad cows and glamorama has the good stuff. This is precisely why I spend money on raw milk cheeses from France. Good cow stuff.

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSurgeon View Post
    OK Im ass backwards......The key issue is our cows here are the bad cows and glamorama has the good stuff. This is precisely why I spend money on raw milk cheeses from France. Good cow stuff.
    I was looking at cheeses yesterday but did not see them labeled as raw...how do you know which are and which aren't?

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    I do. I am seeing this in the states now for the opposite reasons. Here we are headed to shorter light and shorter days. This effects pineal thryoid pathways for circadian rythmns. And it down regualtes the T3. You are facing the same issue the other way......longer days are stimulating you pineal to upregulate your T3 but it has not kicked in as yet but will. Make sure your D is optimal........because this is critical to the light reset that occurs winter to spring and summer to fall........this is why my vitamin D post says you need to be at 60 ng for yoru D by Sept 15 (northern Hemisphere)
    Ahhhh simple yet elegant! I'm out in the sun with shorts/singlet 30-60 min daily, so I'm working on the Vit D. The Australian sun is hot, already 29 degrees Celsius. We turn the time forward for summer-time first Sunday in October. Glad it's something that will pass, I was getting a bit worried. Thanks Doc.

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Yes sorry MamaGrok, I meant A2. The brand is actually called A2 Milk and it's sold in all supermarkets. You can also get it in most cafes.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamorama View Post
    Ps! I've been reaping the rewards of being LS for a while now, but in the last 3 weeks my sex-drive has gone from insane to NIL. It's weird, it's just gone. It was very high in the weeks after doing PB and the Leptin-Rx. It feels like several other things have changed too; e.g I often feel sleepy after lunch, and my weightloss has completely stalled. Anyone know what this could be? I haven't changed my diet or way of eating, but my leaky gut is still in the process of healing. I sleep well, exercise, LHT and take all my supplements without fail.
    My sex drive is more cyclic now. I've found that during ovulation, I'm more "turned on" then I've ever been in my life. I can tell I'm still losing fat, I just haven't been on the scale since August. Clothes are still getting bigger which is a nice thing. My sz 14 Levi's are getting baggier. I over did it working out Monday. Did a legs workout and the soreness is finally going away. The good thing, I have some wicked definition in my thighs now.

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    So can cheese drop your b.g.? Mine was 73 fasting this morning, and 15m after 3 eggs, CO, 5+oz sausage, and an ounce of cheese, it's 61! I tested again with a different strip, different finger and got 63, so it seems to be accurate. What?

Anyway, I'm down a pound today, had VERY weird sleep last night (dreamed I was sick all. night. long, woke but fell back to sleep many times, woke at 5:30, 2hrs short of the 9hrs I usually need), and think the hair on my upper legs is coming back, too, after being gone for at least two years (dang, I was glad it was gone, lol).
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey