Page 61 of 2187 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263711111615611061 ... LastLast

Thread: Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page 61

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DFH View Post
    Interesting. For reference, what was your "before" WOE for comparison?
    Was and still am eating vlc primal, but was eating 800-900 kcals daily to lose, and so had nothing to risk to try the leptin reset. Because I had been IFing until about 2pm, adding the breakast added the extra calories. Since JK advised not being too worried about calories, but keep low carb, I didn't worry about a temporary stall, but was happy to see that I was losing even with the added calories. The older you are, the slower these processes tend to work, so being in my sixties I really didn't expect to get such great results so quickly. Within three days my sleep was dramatically better! So I am sticking with it. I'd like to lose another twenty pounds which will put me down a total of sixty-five in the last year. I find this leptin plan to be very easy, especially compared to some of the insane weighing and measurng WW diets I did for years. I give food far less thought these days.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

DigitalSurgeon is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DFH View Post
    Im not happy about this accusation by by this poster. SG can easily show a different IP address. I am not and dont know inthewoo. And after these accusations I am done with this poster Brahnamin. Very unprofessional. I have left comments for SG through his whole series and he chose not to post them because they were contrary to what his conclusion were. I like SG very much and enjoy his blog but when something clearly makes no sense and it could hurt obese patients I have a duty to speak up. A researcher does not treat patients and it amazes me he gets a pass because he has been blogging sine 2008 from Brahnamin. My sensibilities are different and I think having a patient in the synthetic leptin trial is a huge informational benefit to everyone involved. Not only that she completely seems to understand how leptin really works because she was privy to things most are not by her participation. That is why I pointed it out.

DigitalSurgeon is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MalPaz View Post
    FWIW....itsthewoo has her own blog, i have been contacting her for a few years now lol. definitely NOT Dr Kruse
    Where is it ......I would like to read her blog. She sounds very interesting. And thanks for that info in advance.

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSurgeon View Post
    Where is it ......I would like to read her blog. She sounds very interesting. And thanks for that info in advance.
    The Scribble Pad: June 2011

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I have a question. I'm going to a cookout on Sunday that my in-laws are having. There is going to be not a damn thing I can put in my mouth that they are having there. They're having cheese brats/hot dogs, potato & macaroni salad, baked beans and God knows whatever crap. Not sure if I should eat before we go and lie and say I just don't feel like eating or make her feel like crap and take food that I can eat. I would normally eat the brats but she got cheese brats which is a sacrilege to the tasty sausage that brats are. Any ideas?
    Georgette

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    her blog isnt about nutrition, its about her personal journey, thoughts & experience

Momto3 is offline Senior Member
    I'd say things are going well for me so far. 147lbs this am! My calories have been reduced by not snacking. I think I am slightly above the 25g carbs though...not strictly tracking. I worked out at 8 pm last night Simple fit Day 2 about 20 min of body weight - no significant increase in sweating. I'm still hungry at night....whether true hunger or breaking old habit of snacking at 10 pm..... but I am happy with the results so far and will keep going. Sorry, not more detailed, but heading out the door.
    Favorite Mark Quote: "I train to play."

June 2010: 168.6 -size 16
    Current: 146.8 - size 10/12
    Goal:135 - size 8

My Journal

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I have a question. I'm going to a cookout on Sunday that my in-laws are having. There is going to be not a damn thing I can put in my mouth that they are having there. They're having cheese brats/hot dogs, potato & macaroni salad, baked beans and God knows whatever crap. Not sure if I should eat before we go and lie and say I just don't feel like eating or make her feel like crap and take food that I can eat. I would normally eat the brats but she got cheese brats which is a sacrilege to the tasty sausage that brats are. Any ideas?
    I bring my own food if I have to. This is MY health.Sometimes I say things like, my doctor has me doing a special short term diet to to see if it changes something they are concerned about in my blood work. I decided, if the way I eat offends or hurts people feelings, that is THEIR issue. I am responsible for my own thoughts, feelings and actions and so are they. It is spending time together that counts, that is important, not that we break the same piece of bread together.

Horsewoman is offline Senior Member
    Please could someone post a link to the comments we're supposed to be looking at, thanks v much.

Her blog is interesting- would I be right in assuming how she is feeling post receiving leptin is similar to the potential effects of leptin resistance?
    Last edited by Horsewoman; 07-07-2011 at 12:21 PM.
    Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
    Harold Whitman

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Eat the cheese brats and just put a tiny scoop of the other stuff on th plate and push it around to look like you've eaten some. Maybe eat something beforehand too.