Page 551 of 2187 FirstFirst ... 5145150154154955055155255356160165110511551 ... LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,510 of 21866

Thread: Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page 551

Vilica is offline Member
    Shop Now
    If you did reiki in the past, you should certainly be able to pick it up again, just start giving yourself reiki as often as possible. With reiki 1 you can treat yourself and get a much higher level of relaxation which in itself will be healing already. If you can treat the spot that will be operated on, you can do that as well of course, especially after the surgery. Let us know how you go!
    The bone broth is a very good suggestion, too.

Vilica is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    There are quite a few of us former RR's on here, and at least one other who experienced insane weight gain on that carb rec. DM is so close to right, it's painful to watch the effects of the parts where she's so, so wrong.
    must admit it makes me feel good that I'm not the only one. KD was angry with me when I asked her when the weightloss would start - after I had gained so much weight so quickly, I kept falling and didnlt fit on my bicycle anymore. When she got angry, that was the limit for me. I had been religioulsy doing what she said.
    It is true, she comes very close, but oh wow, she is so very wrong in other respects

indigogirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextery View Post
    I know Dr K checks Vit D3 levels in his spine pre op patients. He wants all his patients to be 70 to 100ng/mL. Assists in the post op healing process. Vit K2 also assists in healing as it assists in the transport of calcium. If your surgery doc doesn't care about your D3 level...then I would get a new doc or I would supplement 50,000IU a day right up through and post op if you don't know your serum level or it is low or you have not been supplementing previously. And then after you are healed, then drop back to 5000IU a day. This advice is worth exactly what you paid for it and is not intended to be professional advice as I am a retired farmer. However, if you want to take advice from a farmer, you got it.
    Thanks, Dextery!
    I'll up my D3 to 4000-5000 iu a day, but not 50,000. I was on 50,000 a week therapeutically when my serum levels were low.
    Last edited by indigogirl; 09-04-2011 at 10:34 AM.
    Indigogirl

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LSSeeker View Post
    Yes, he said that he hasn't had a case yet. I believe it's a person who is LR and has a HDL that is above 60 for a female and 70 for a male. I'm quite certain I've been LR and my HDL is 77.

If this didn't answer it, I'm not sure what you're asking.
    My HDL is close to 80 (big improvement from 3 years ago when I first went primal and was last tested), but I'm still fat, lol. I think the HDL must be recovering faster than the LR?

Quote Originally Posted by Vilica View Post
    must admit it makes me feel good that I'm not the only one. KD was angry with me when I asked her when the weightloss would start - after I had gained so much weight so quickly, I kept falling and didnlt fit on my bicycle anymore. When she got angry, that was the limit for me. I had been religioulsy doing what she said.
    It is true, she comes very close, but oh wow, she is so very wrong in other respects
    LOL, I think we just had this discussion; wher ewas it ... I think the "low serotonin diet" thread? Made a lot of people mad who wouldn't follow Her Guruness into the grave.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

indigogirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilica View Post
    I did complete the introductory form because I felt it was mandatory, but here's my history in a nutshell - felt great doing Atkins, I was still too soon impressed by other people's comments, so switched back to normal and gained weight again, This repeated a few times and weightloss went slower and slower. Gained a lot of weight when prescribed antidepressants. Atkins didn't work, so I went all meat and gained weight on rib eyes and T-bone. Then Kimkins, lean low carb. Didn't lose weight till Kimmer told me I should ditch the beef and hey presto, I finally lost a lot of weight. Felt great, took the two multivitamins she advised. Then another problem period and I decided to go "healthy and tried Radiant Recovery. The protocol is a lot like this leptin reset, only you HAD to eat carbs with every meal and I gained 50 lbs in 2 months time. So back to zero carb. Lost a little but not nearly enough and have been struggling with this for about two years now.
    What I heard about the leptin reset at DC and read about it everywhere, that might just do the trick for me , so I started on Friday. The first day I felt miserable and sick, and looked it, and the 2nd day I felt terrific ;-) Looked younger every time I looked in the mirror. Today has been fine, not that horrible hunger, and I feel pretty fit, only tonight after my dinner I feel sleepy. Probably had too much fat. Will stick to DC, which is zero carb with now and then some veggies thrown in, plus the cream in my one cup of coffee in the morning.
    Thanks for this fantastic thread and the awesome amount of information and support.
    What is the "DC" you will stick to?
    Indigogirl

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member
    Dr Kruse -
    can you take a look at my lab results and let me know what you think? I think I *Might* have some issues? coupled w/ the elevated Cortisol at night and depressed cortisol in the morning and mid day....

LDL-P 1963nmol/L
    LDL-C 218 mg/dl
    HDL-C 71
    Trigs 34
    Total cholesterol 296
    HDL-P (totla) 33.6 umol
    small LDL-P nmol

Large VLDL- P <.07 nmol (guessing this isn't a good thing) Report say VLDL concentration to low to allow determination of VLDL size
    Small LDL-P 210 nmol
    Large HDL-P 14 umol
    LDL Size 21.1
    HDL Size 9.5

LP-IR Score 11

HbA1C 5.3 (BAD)

hsCRP .65 mg/L

Homocysteine <2.0 umol/L

Gluclose, Serum 89mg/dl

Insulin 4.5 uIU/mL

VITAMIN D, 25-HYDROXY 116NG/ML

Iron and TIBC
    Iron Bind CAP (TIBC) 260 ug/dl
    UIBC 187 ug/dl
    Iron Serum 73 ug/dl
    Iron Saturation 28
    Ferritin, Serum 35 ng/m

Testosterone, Free/total equlib
    Testosterone 29ng/dl
    Testosterone, Free .55 ng/dl
    %f free Testosterone 1.90

DHEA-S 196.0 ug/dl

Estradiol 51.8 pg/mL

Progesterone .5ng/mL

Estogrens, Total 90pg/mL
    Estogren, Serum 46 pg/ml
    IGF-1 178 ng/mL

Thyroid Antibodies
    Thyroid TPO <6 IU/mL
    Antithyroglobulin AB <20
    T4 FREE 1.12 NG/DL
    T3 85.6 NG/DL
    TSH,BLD,QN 2.770 MIU/ML
    Reverse T3 265 pg/mL
    Free T3 2.5 pg/ml
    RT3 Ratio = 9.4 (looks like I have a problem...)

CBC
    WBC'S AUTO 6.7K/UL
    RBC, AUTO 4.92MIL
    HGB 14.7G/DL
    HEMATOCRIT 43.8%

Chem 7
    TIME POST PRANDIAL, PATIENT 12
    GLUCOSE POST FAST 100 MG/DL
    BUN 21 MG/DL
    CREATININE 0.8 MG/DL
    SODIUM 138 MEQ/L
    POTASSIUM 4.3 MEQ/L
    CHLORIDE 100 MEQ/L
    CO2 29 MEQ/L
    ANION GAP SERPL 13 MEQ/L
    GLOMERULAR FILTRATION RATE, NONAFRICAN AMERICAN >60 mL/min/m

MCV 89.0 CMICRON
    MCH 29.9 PG
    MCHC 33.6GM/DL
    RDW, BLOOD 11.8 %
    PLATELETS, AUTOMATED COUNT 244

Liver Function
    TOTAL PROTEIN 6.8G/DL
    ALBUMIN 4.7G/DL
    ALT 19U/L
    AST 19U/L
    ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE 41U/L
    BILIRUBIN, TOTAL 0.4MG/DL
    BILIRUBIN, DIRECT 0.1MG/DL
    Last edited by Shijin13; 09-04-2011 at 11:42 AM.

Donnn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    My HDL is close to 80 (big improvement from 3 years ago when I first went primal and was last tested), but I'm still fat, lol. I think the HDL must be recovering faster than the LR?
    High HDL indicates gut and liver healed?

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member
    Does any one remember the equation to calculate the ratios btwn rT3 and FT3?

imdreaming is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vkiernan View Post
    I'm curious, mine are like 101 and did I read that he hasn't had a case yet that met the requirements? Can someone confirm? I confirmed my LR with the Ft3 ratio so how would I be ok given that he has never had a case? I must have missed something or misinterpreted it.
    I'm wondering as well. I believe the specific question/answer was in reference to eating nightshades. My HDL is 117 (last check in March). I don't have lab confirmation of being LR, but I've been following the reset for almost 8 weeks now and don't seem to be hitting many of the markers. I strongly suspect that I have some hormonal problems however. So far it looks like my T3 is low. I will be having sex hormones tested next week. I want to do the salivary cortisol as well.

kristiashley is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnn View Post
    You certainly enjoy having a plan I think I function best that way too. But with less enthusiasm.
    LMAO. You are very observant, yes I'm a planner. I enjoy this aspect of things though, listening to my body, trying to figure out why it's reacting to things and adjusting as a result. It's the geek in me. I tend to be enthusiastic about all things in my life, too much type A.

Looking forward to reading more of the mediation links shared. I do what works for me, but haven't tried a lot of other methodologies.