Page 52 of 2187 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354621021525521052 ... LastLast

Thread: Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page 52

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NDF View Post
    So would one have to follow your protocol for leptin reset for 12-18 months to achieve LS in order to reverse PCOS?

(I ask because I find out tomorrow if I have PCOS)
    I'm presuming yes at this point.
    Georgette

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSurgeon View Post
    AS for the women criticism......
    Not a criticism. I hardly have enough facts to criticize. Just speculating on the facts I did have.

This works for men or women and the key is women have to be more cognizant of their underlying hormonal issues.
    This . . .

The changes take longer in women but eventually they catch and smoke most men.
    And this . . . is something I think a lot of the women struggling in this thread needed to hear.

And as has already been said, thank you for posting information like this. My apologies for always being your bunion on MDA.

*shrUg*

You can take it for what it's worth from a complete interwebs stranger, but getting good solid info is my only intent . . . whatever it may end up sounding like.
    Last edited by brahnamin; 07-07-2011 at 04:50 AM.

EvansMom is offline Senior Member
    @brahnamin:
    Thanks for the reminder, it personally helps.

This is my first day in "leptin-resetville" and so far so good, although from reading this thread (and boy, is it long!) I think the problems seem to come for women after the first week (as far as lows, loss of energy, depression, etc.).....at least that was my take on it.

DigitalSurgeon is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EvansMom View Post
    Have read about 85% of this thread & would like to fix what I think is might be a leptin/stress problem, BUT and I have a few questions. Lately I am moody (swing from okay/happy to tired to anxious/depressed) after quite a long stint of feeling great on primal w/o any problems like this (had these problems before primal while eating lots of gluten/sugars). Primal eliminated most of my issues for me when I started, but like I said they have come back. Can't seem to find out why.....

Directed at Dr. Kruse: If you so choose, could you help with a question I have for you? Can you do leptin resistance and have positive results while on a low dose of an SSRI med along w/SAM E, 5 HTP? Does this medicine and these supplements screw with anything, and can I still expect good results? I have lowered my dose of the SSRI med (w/doctor's approval/therapy) but am not fully ready to kick it at this stage of the game, since some of my symptoms have returned. And, thank you for taking the time to answer my post. I am really confused about why I am "off track" all of a sudden.
    Hypothetically speaking since I dont treat patients over the internet......I do not advocate the use of SSRI because they have never been shown to be efficacious. I do like 5HTP and SAMe but again your doc needs to help you navigate that maze. Most docs rely on Rx drugs......I thinking weaning from most suits people best. Again you must aks your doc some good questions and you may receive the insight your asking me here. I do this stuff daily in my clinic and it causes me pangs there too because many times I am not on the same page with the PCP who referred the patient to me. But I have to advocate what the science and clinical parameters dictate. I cant know all those issues with a person over the net. But my advice to you is read between the lines and start asking some pointed questions and you will get the doctor you need when they change or you realize your barking up the wrong tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Shijin13 View Post
    Its interesting that just about 3wks in I started noticing the increase in sex drive. Dh is pleased. finding the time is quite a challenge w/2 under 3! I'm hoping as I become LS, I'll be able to wean off the Domperidone...

Dr K - AS you become more LS - do you need less food? just wondering b/c I'm noticing that I don't need as much protein in the AM to make it 5hrs.. Today I had bkfst around 730... I only had a 3egg omlete w/cheese and I'm just now sitting down for lunch at 130pm... Is this normal, the decrease in the need for the 50g?
    Depends......if you lift heavy and exercise a lot you will eat more......if your less active you will begin to eat a lot less and you will lean out.

PCOS is 100% treatable......with diet and hormonal balances. It requires a doc who gets that metabolism is coupled to hormonal status and how to manage it. That appears to be the step people miss the most.

Quote Originally Posted by EvansMom View Post
    @brahnamin:
    Thanks for the reminder, it personally helps.

This is my first day in "leptin-resetville" and so far so good, although from reading this thread (and boy, is it long!) I think the problems seem to come for women after the first week (as far as lows, loss of energy, depression, etc.).....at least that was my take on it.
    The only "depression" I've had was from loss of energy. Loss of energy isn't uncommon, especially when eating VLC. Keep some coconut oil in a container with you at all times and when you feel an energy dip, eat a spoonful. It does help. Instead of eating starchy carbs for an energy boost, you need to look at fats for that and coconut oil is an easy fix. It does take awhile to get used to the idea of noshing on a spoonful of fat, but you will notice a difference almost immediately.

You also need to remember that as we are women, our bodies want to fight us on depleting our fat stores. Just give it time. Anything worth doing takes time and remember, we are a work in progress.
    Georgette

primalfamily is offline Member
    Today 11:58 AMNDF
    Originally Posted by DigitalSurgeon
    PCOS is 100% reversible when you become solidly LS for 12-18 months......Leptin controls all your sex steroid synthesis and balance. They key is avoiding exogenous synthetic hormones that make reversal of PCOS a pain in the ass for the clinician.
    if it works for you, why would you want to change your eating habit? This is very close to primal anyway, so make it a lifestyle.

I've been reading the latest posting on the blog, and learning a lot. I've been on primal since mid feb. Doing P90x on top. my first 3month of primal has been almost identical to leptin reset diet, except for doing p90x. eating big primal breakfast. working out in the evening and not eating except for protein shake after workout. It took me about 1 month to get to 3 meals a day though. I've lost 50lb in last 4+ month. was never hungry. Started 2nd round in early june, but had to change my schedule due to son's baseball. Started doing morning workout at 5am. I've mixed in pre-workout protein shake and eating breakfast right afterward. It has been lot harder to lose weight since. I am muscling up though, and getting pretty fit, so that probably has something to do with it. I feel like I need to eat more as well (has been eating 1600 cal the first 3 month, but last month it has been tough to keep on it, so, I added post workout carb on heavy lift days 3x a week) I still need to lose 10-15lb to get to where I want to go. I am still leaning out, even though weight loss has slowed a lot to 1lb/week . another 10week to get to where I want to be does not bother me too much.

just curious if morning workout is detrimental to hormone health vs evening workout. Son's baseball is almost done, so I may be able to change back, except it is warmer in the evening. why recommendation of evening workout

NDF
    NDF is offline Senior Member
    PCOS is 100% treatable......with diet and hormonal balances. It requires a doc who gets that metabolism is coupled to hormonal status and how to manage it. That appears to be the step people miss the most.
    Dr. K, does the leptin reset help balance hormones in a way favorable to reversing PCOS?
    Or is would that just be one piece of the puzzle?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by NDF View Post
    Dr. K, does the leptin reset help balance hormones in a way favorable to reversing PCOS?
    Or is would that just be one piece of the puzzle?
    Look at it this way. PCOS causes women who get fat on it to start gaining fat in their midsection and it can also increase Testosterone in women. Leptin resistance, from my understanding is one portion of why we get fat. Therefore, you increase leptin sensitivity, you also create a more hormonally balanced body and that should help to reverse PCOS.
    Georgette