Page 51 of 2187 FirstFirst ... 414950515253611011515511051 ... LastLast

Thread: Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page 51

DigitalSurgeon is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    PCOS is 100% reversible when you become solidly LS for 12-18 months......Leptin controls all your sex steroid synthesis and balance. They key is avoiding exogenous synthetic hormones that make reversal of PCOS a pain in the ass for the clinician.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSurgeon View Post
    You mentioned your orgasm.......that too is a leptin issue because it stimulates release of oxytocin and causes the pronouced changes in lubrication and orgasm. You might also see after those orgasms you sleep like never before. It immediately sends huge brain signals to convert stores of serotonin to melatonin. Once this happens consistently you will notice another effect I got ridiculed for on PH. You nipples will become very sensitive and help you you do two things........one nipple massage will reduce your risk of breast CA by 50% because of the sensitivity to oxytocin......it immediately causes a surge of intramammary progesterone that stops all estrogenic growth.......and two it will help you sleep more soundly because of the increases in oxytocin and melatonin spoken of earlier.........
    With what you said, I slept like a baby that night and yes, I have about the same if not better nipple sensitivity that I had as a teenager. I've also been off BC for about 5 months now.

DFH
    DFH is offline Senior Member
    On the synthetic hormones thing, those are a train wreck when it comes to thyroid meds too.

EvansMom is offline Senior Member
    Have read about 85% of this thread & would like to fix what I think is might be a leptin/stress problem, BUT and I have a few questions. Lately I am moody (swing from okay/happy to tired to anxious/depressed) after quite a long stint of feeling great on primal w/o any problems like this (had these problems before primal while eating lots of gluten/sugars). Primal eliminated most of my issues for me when I started, but like I said they have come back. Can't seem to find out why.....

Directed at Dr. Kruse: If you so choose, could you help with a question I have for you? Can you do leptin resistance and have positive results while on a low dose of an SSRI med along w/SAM E, 5 HTP? Does this medicine and these supplements screw with anything, and can I still expect good results? I have lowered my dose of the SSRI med (w/doctor's approval/therapy) but am not fully ready to kick it at this stage of the game, since some of my symptoms have returned. And, thank you for taking the time to answer my post. I am really confused about why I am "off track" all of a sudden.
    Last edited by EvansMom; 07-06-2011 at 10:54 AM.

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    @Digital Surgeon, thank you for your kindness in answering so many questions. That is a true gift.

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member
    Ok.....In my patients who have been doing this greater than three years all have reported dramatic increases in sex. In fact most of the ladies got their hubbies to do this diet because the men all noticed their wives craved more sex. My own wife will tell you we have a lot more sex. We avg 7-10 times a week now for five years. My wife adopted this diet about 18 months ago and she has seen the same changes. This has to do with leptin effects on fecundity and on the production of sex steroid hormones. Nursing increases oxytocin and progesterone and dampens estrogenic growths surges. You will not have an increased sex drive from oxytocin but it will induce sleep and calmness and mood smoothing effects. You milk supply will certainly be affected by LS. That is well documented in the literature already. Colostrum quality improves tremendously and this is ironically how a child actually gets leptin from its mother. If you read my first post on leptin I explain that. Prolactin has more to do with milk secretion than its quality. Its quality is a function of omega three's in the mothers buttocks, hips and belly and her Leptin status.
    Its interesting that just about 3wks in I started noticing the increase in sex drive. Dh is pleased. finding the time is quite a challenge w/2 under 3! I'm hoping as I become LS, I'll be able to wean off the Domperidone...

Dr K - AS you become more LS - do you need less food? just wondering b/c I'm noticing that I don't need as much protein in the AM to make it 5hrs.. Today I had bkfst around 730... I only had a 3egg omlete w/cheese and I'm just now sitting down for lunch at 130pm... Is this normal, the decrease in the need for the 50g?

EvansMom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kymma View Post
    @Digital Surgeon, thank you for your kindness in answering so many questions. That is a true gift.
    +1000 And without compensation, too. Have been reading your posts, replies, blog, etc. and am encouraged. Thanks from me too!

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kymma View Post
    Definitely many thanks on this. Without this, I'd probably not be getting my health back.

otzi Guest
    I can't help but wonder if Vitamin D is a key player in this whole Leptin Reset mindfield...er...minefield

NDF
    NDF is offline Senior Member
    PCOS is 100% reversible when you become solidly LS for 12-18 months......Leptin controls all your sex steroid synthesis and balance. They key is avoiding exogenous synthetic hormones that make reversal of PCOS a pain in the ass for the clinician.
    So would one have to follow your protocol for leptin reset for 12-18 months to achieve LS in order to reverse PCOS?

(I ask because I find out tomorrow if I have PCOS)