Page 50 of 2187 FirstFirst ... 404849505152601001505501050 ... LastLast

Thread: Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page 50

Robynbee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I truly believe that for a woman following the leptin reset protocol, a few things must be in place. You must have a significant amount of fat to lose.
    I don't have a significant amount of fat to lose, but I've had issues in the past with both overeating and starvation, so I'm doing the leptin diet. I don't know if I've gained or lost any weight since I've started (on Sunday), but I already feel better and I can tell that I'm a lot less bloated. It could be that my body just likes breakfast, but I don't think it's a set in stone tenet that women should have a significant amount of fat to lose in order to do the leptin reset. I think it was SugarBaby that posted a quote from Byron Richards that stated that if you have a tendency to overeat at night, then you have one of the foremost symptoms of leptin resistance. That has been a problem of mine for years, and I know that there are a lot of women out there that do that. Many of them might not be significantly overweight, but I'm sure all of them carry that nice tube of fat around the middle (much like myself) that Dr. Kruse says is a sign of LR.

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member
    I also put on muscle easily for a woman and I'm ok with that.
    This is me! I also have PCOS. As far as weight to loose - last time I weight I was btwn 160-165lbs, at 5'3 I should probably be some where btwn 120-135lbs...but I'd actually like to be closer to 140 with awesome muscle definition. Since going primal back in Nov 2010 most of my weight loss has been from my legs, hips and back. I'd guess that most of the fat I'm carrying is all in the stomach area. I'd love to see that fat begin to melt away.

One things for sure as I start working on week 5 I've noticed now I'm able to last longer w/ less food/protein in the am. When I started the Leptin Rest I need 50g + to get me till noon/1pm for lunch... now a 3egg omlete will get me there w/o hunger at all! its working... but I'm not noticing differences in measurements yet.

DigitalSurgeon is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by healthy11 View Post
    What kind of cottage cheese do you buy? Everything I find seems to have a lot of weird stuff in it. Nancy's lowfat is the only that doesn't that I have access to.

One thing I am noticing and I am not sure if it is because I am PMSing or because I am eating this large breakfast now... but I am actually hungrier than I was before. I think it is the PMS. Dr. Kruse... you mention mood improvement as one the the signs that we are gaining leptin sensitivity back. I suffer from extreme PMS for 2 weeks out of the month. Is this a sign of leptin resistance? A sign that leptin resistance has all of my hormones out of whack and therefore causing extreme PMS? I have searched for years for a way to reduce it with absolutely no improvement (natural ways). I thought eating primally would help and it hasn't. I almost recently turned to Seasonique in order to only PMS every 3 months instead of every month. I am so thankful I didn't turn to synthetic hormones.

Thank you for taking so much time to inform and teach us about this!
    That is a sign you need to get your hormones checked. You might be estrogen dominant or maybe ingesting a lot of unknown phytoestrogens somewhere. If youre on synthetic hormones that is a big reason to stop. Most women hate this when I tell them.......but synthetic hormones are the main reason women and men differ in stalls.

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    It's very true, Brahnamin. Like on my 2 cheat days I had it all. Grains, soy, sugar. Red face and I am unsure where the reaction came from. We can't always know which thing is creating the change if we don't either go slow or take it all out and add it back in to see what bothers us or creates or ends weight loss. I have noticed a curviness and my mother commented that my stomach looked flat "and not like your pregnant" <gotta love others! But I'll take it!

I have to go 6-7 hours between eat B & L just because I get up at 630-7AM and don't eat lunch until 1:45PM. I work in a call center so everything is scheduled. I'm finding a spoonful of coconut oil is helping to keep the hunger pangs at bay for me. And yes, I still get hunger pangs so I may be doing the reset longer than 8 weeks. I'm also starting dinner in the mornings now so that way all I have to do is either heat or make a couple of sides when I get home and dinner is ready by 7PM.

Things I have noticed as of late and I want to see if any of you are noticing this. Hair is noticeably thicker and longer. Finger/toe nails are thicker and longer and I cannot trim them with a cutter. I have to literally file them down twice a week. I must have minimally 8 hours of sleep to be happy and awake the next day. I ony got 6 hours last night and I feel lethargic. I'm handling the 50g of protein much better than I used to.
    HAir and nail changes absolutley are tied to LS returning.......these are great signs. Also in women look for skin softening and your hubby noticing different changes in your body as well. I get asked this all the time by the men. Women also begin to notice facial skin changes around month three to six.

Quote Originally Posted by Shijin13 View Post
    btw - any one who's been doing this for a while notice an increase in sex drive? I'm trying to figure out if its the leptin resetting itself...or if its the fact ds is no longer nursing every 2-3hrs at night? I'm guessing its most likely the decrease in nursing....but the leptin resetting could come into account too/

which on a tangent but related to leptin...I wonder if a re-set leptin sensitivey could impact my milk supply on a positive level, & allow me to decrease or eliminate domperidone? Since milk is supply/demand and is regulated by the hormone prolactin... I'm thinking there's a relationship...

Dr. K - any thoughts on either of these?
    Ok.....In my patients who have been doing this greater than three years all have reported dramatic increases in sex. In fact most of the ladies got their hubbies to do this diet because the men all noticed their wives craved more sex. My own wife will tell you we have a lot more sex. We avg 7-10 times a week now for five years. My wife adopted this diet about 18 months ago and she has seen the same changes. This has to do with leptin effects on fecundity and on the production of sex steroid hormones. Nursing increases oxytocin and progesterone and dampens estrogenic growths surges. You will not have an increased sex drive from oxytocin but it will induce sleep and calmness and mood smoothing effects. You milk supply will certainly be affected by LS. That is well documented in the literature already. Colostrum quality improves tremendously and this is ironically how a child actually gets leptin from its mother. If you read my first post on leptin I explain that. Prolactin has more to do with milk secretion than its quality. Its quality is a function of omega three's in the mothers buttocks, hips and belly and her Leptin status.

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSurgeon View Post
    HAir and nail changes absolutley are tied to LS returning.......these are great signs. Also in women look for skin softening and your hubby noticing different changes in your body as well. I get asked this all the time by the men. Women also begin to notice facial skin changes around month three to six.
    The nail and hair improvements have been amazing shockers. The only thing my husband has noticed is that my biceps are more pronounced with barely any exercise and I now have a definite waist line which I've never had. There have also been a few people tell me I have a "glow" and look younger. What other changes would my husband notice?
    Georgette

AS for the women criticism......my biggest homeruns have been in women.....one lady now 84 years old has a six pack and a 58 yr old boyfriend she wears out. This works for men or women and the key is women have to be more cognizant of their underlying hormonal issues. When I get a women who stalls or the goes the wrong way I immediately start looking for hormonal imbalance.....once fixed they tend to sail along. The changes take longer in women but eventually they catch and smoke most men. Most men are happy to lose weight and become more sexually active but they rarely finish the job. If you read my last leptin post on June 29 you'll see one of my homerun patients Jodi. She posted in there. She also sent her original story to Robb Wolf's website. Make no mistake this works for women.
    Last edited by DigitalSurgeon; 07-06-2011 at 01:45 PM.

geostump is online now Senior Member
    @DigitalSurgeon: Is another sign of LS returning and/or hormones evening out is seeing acne breakout over your body? I've been PCOS for over 2 decades more than likely so I'm just curious of this.
    Georgette

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The nail and hair improvements have been amazing shockers. The only thing my husband has noticed is that my biceps are more pronounced with barely any exercise and I now have a definite waist line which I've never had. There have also been a few people tell me I have a "glow" and look younger. What other changes would my husband notice?
    You mentioned your orgasm.......that too is a leptin issue because it stimulates release of oxytocin and causes the pronouced changes in lubrication and orgasm. You might also see after those orgasms you sleep like never before. It immediately sends huge brain signals to convert stores of serotonin to melatonin. Once this happens consistently you will notice another effect I got ridiculed for on PH. You nipples will become very sensitive and help you you do two things........one nipple massage will reduce your risk of breast CA by 50% because of the sensitivity to oxytocin......it immediately causes a surge of intramammary progesterone that stops all estrogenic growth.......and two it will help you sleep more soundly because of the increases in oxytocin and melatonin spoken of earlier.........