Page 5 of 2187 FirstFirst ... 3456715551055051005 ... LastLast

Thread: Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page 5

irenesom is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I am quite enjoying having a big breakfast. It stops me thinking about food so much during the day. Plus I am liking only having 3 meals, no snacking is a big deal especially after dinner. Let's hope my leptin is getting back on track, it's early days but will keep going!

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by irenesom View Post
    I am quite enjoying having a big breakfast.
    Yeah, it only took me a couple of days to adjust to eating breakfast again. And the early protein really does even things out right up front.

DigitalSurgeon is offline Senior Member
    keep it up. Change your life and longevity!

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by irenesom View Post
    I am quite enjoying having a big breakfast. It stops me thinking about food so much during the day. Plus I am liking only having 3 meals, no snacking is a big deal especially after dinner. Let's hope my leptin is getting back on track, it's early days but will keep going!
    I just said this in my blog post! I love the freedom of being hunger free and just going, oh, it's noon, time for lunch, oh it's 6pm, time for dinner.

I think the big breakfast will definitely get easier. It's just 2+ times the amount I ate before. Like I used to make a 6 egg crustless quiche and cut it into 4-8 slices and have 1-2 a day, now it is 12 eggs in 3 slices and some other meat. I'll get hte hang of it and may actually keep it up for life.

RachelZoe is offline Senior Member
    Oh boy. This is working for me. What I mean is that eating a bigger (for me) high protein breakfast is killing my hunger. I thought this was a fluke on day 1 but then it happened again today. I do not love eating a large breakfast, but I will do it if it takes my mind off food. Another benefit? I was able to focus much better at work. I have other issues right now (including my nightmares, more detail in my blog and resulting fatigue) and my concentration has been poor. If eating a large breakfast helps me concentrate, I will definitely be on board. Will continue to test this on myself.

Digby is offline Senior Member
    So far I've found 5oz of beef to be easiest to get the 50gs, but scrambled eggs comes in a close second. As others have said, I'm so impressed by the extra energy and lack of cravings that I'll keep at it. My main concern is when I travel, which as a retiree I do quite a bit.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Digby View Post
    So far I've found 5oz of beef to be easiest to get the 50gs, but scrambled eggs comes in a close second. As others have said, I'm so impressed by the extra energy and lack of cravings that I'll keep at it. My main concern is when I travel, which as a retiree I do quite a bit.
    I seem to be combining scrambled eggs with meat every morning. Cravings are pretty much non-existent. Totally odd feeling.
    Georgette

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Nice results.

angieonthegogo is offline Senior Member
    I've been doing this all week but have managed to gain 6+ lbs?! This is not exactly the result I was looking for. I feel like I am stuffing myself in the morning to get 35-50g protein in order to gain weight in 3 days that it took me 2 + months to lose in the firt place. What am I doing wrong? Eggs + Sausage or Bacon (sometimes I add some plain whole fat greek yogurt just for some different texture but not much ~1/2 c.).

I will say though, it has squashed my hunger so I continue to choke it down even though it is way more food than what I would prefer and the results rather suck so far. I don't think I could stick with this for 6-8 weeks if I'm adding back the pounds at this rate. Been primal since last year so it isn't like this is new to me. WTH?!

Horsewoman is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by DFH View Post
    There is also a leptin test. It's checked on my lab sheet for my next checkup.

There isn't much you can do if you suspect rT3 and don't test for it. NHS won't cover it?
    Nope, if TSH is normal that's that. The GP told me that even if she orders a test not indicated according to the rules, the lab would refuse to process it, especially if it's a more expensive one like a hormone check.

Plus if it's something they don't understand and wouldn't respond to in a helpful way, then having the numbers doesn't make much difference anyway.

It was worth paying for the TPO, that was only 30 pounds as it was a home blood test kit I just posted off to the lab.

Leptin- well I think we can safely assume mine is high lol.
    Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
    Harold Whitman