Page 41 of 2187 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351911415411041 ... LastLast

Thread: Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page 41

Horsewoman is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarBaby View Post
    As the sister of a heart surgeon, who shares my opinion, I think many surgeons are not good at explaining to lay people what they know and would like you to know. I don't know how Dr. Kruse finds the the time to do all the sharing he does, gratis no less, so I'm willing to cut him a break on his occasional missteps or lack of detail the lay person can understand. I'm just so glad that I'm reaping the benefits of the leptin information he's shared. I'm trying to get my brother to read K's blog, but he never seems to have the time--surgeons are very busy people.
    I don't expect anyone to get everything right or handle everything right, and of course he's busy, aren't we all. And if sucking up is the order of the day, I can say that neurosurgeons are my all time favourite medical professionals, being as my sister has NF2. Doesn't mean I have to agree with everything he says though does it lol. In fact I'm not a layperson, I'm a biochemist, who happens to disagree with some of what's been said in this thread. I have a different approach and different goals. That's all. I don't see that needs to be an issue. Just carry on with the thread guys, and I'm glad people are finding it helpful.
    Last edited by Horsewoman; 07-02-2011 at 06:56 AM.
    Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
    Harold Whitman

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsewoman View Post
    Yeah, MMV lol
    LoL

Fair enough.

SugarBaby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsewoman View Post
    I don't expect anyone to get everything right or handle everything right, and of course he's busy, aren't we all. And if sucking up is the order of the day, I can say that neurosurgeons are my all time favourite medical professionals, being as my sister has NF2. Doesn't mean I have to agree with everything he says though does it lol. In fact I'm not a layperson, I'm a biochemist, who happens to disagree with some of what's been said in this thread. I have a different approach and different goals. That's all. I don't see that needs to be an issue. Just carry on with the thread guys, and I'm glad people are finding it helpful.
    I wasn't aware I was "sucking up"; merely making an observation not directed at anyone.
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

Horsewoman is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarBaby View Post
    I wasn't aware I was "sucking up"; merely making an observation not directed at anyone.
    Sorry, British humour lol.
    Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
    Harold Whitman

FairyRae is offline Senior Member
    Hey, would those of you who have been following this protocol mind doing 'updates'? Like, sharing how long you've been following it, any changes you've seen/felt (positive or negative), and how you think its been helping you (or not?)

Thanks all!! It's great to be able to observe this group--like an informal research project!
    My Before/After Pics
    Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FairyRae View Post
    Hey, would those of you who have been following this protocol mind doing 'updates'? Like, sharing how long you've been following it, any changes you've seen/felt (positive or negative), and how you think its been helping you (or not?)

Thanks all!! It's great to be able to observe this group--like an informal research project!
    Whenever I go *back* on the leptin program (ie - when I understand it better . . . assuming I still agree with it) I'll be happy to post my own experiences. In the meantime I know Kymma (she started this thread) updates her progress fairly regularly on her BLOG, so you might want to go check that out. I don't remember if DFH or any of the others are updating elsewhere.

And SugarBaby is doing a Menu Sharing Thread. I don't know if she's tracking results, but there are a lot of good meal plans over there.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FairyRae View Post

Fairy, I'm following the program and post updates here and on my journal.
    Georgette

wylde_child is offline Member
    In my N=1 experiment in the LR diet has been going smoothly. I started a week ago yesterday. I've not lost much weight ( a couple of pounds) but I'm waking spontaneously after 7-8 hours sleep feeling "bright eyed and bushy tailed" which is a first for me. And this night-owl evening-snacker is turning into a morning person. It's a miracle! And I'm just generally feeling great. None of the chronic back pain and stiffness my 59 year old body has been plaguing me with for the last 20 years or so. My energy is level throughout the day. Life has been very good since I started this (well, actually since starting Paleo 3 months ago, but more so in the last week.)

Yesterday I found out some of the 'whys' of Dr K's recommendations. I had to have a fasting blood draw for a cholesterol test so I didn't eat within 1/2 hour of waking. It turned out to be about two hours. This threw my whole day off and I ended up eating more carbs too. Today my back hurts and I'm stiff and not quite as bright eyed and bushy tailed. But the good news is that my cholesterol, which was 271 three months ago is now 218!! Down 53 points in just 3 months!!! My dr had prescribed simvastatin in March and I asked her to let me test this diet first, which she agreed to but must not have charted it. So now she writes and says 'looks like the simvastatin is working but levels are still high so increase your dose to 40mg.' It was with glee in my heart that I wrote back and told her I hadn't be taking the statin that these numbers were the result of diet alone. Then I revealed that I was eating 50% fat, 30% protein and 20% carbs. I kind of wish I had waited to tell her this until I could see her face. She's pretty ingrained in CW so I don't know if this will make her look outside the box or not. If not, I will be looking for a new doctor.

Violette is offline Senior Member
    I'm doing well with it , too. I'm eating the same B as I have for several years but making sure I do it every time with enough ptn. The new part for me is the no snacking and nothing after dinner. I had to ease into that but am there now.
    Since I have FMS I take it easy with exercise, doing an hour of easy stretches, modified pilates and yoga, with upper body, and lower body light weights on alternate days. Later, I do an hour or so of walking mixed with the stationary bicycle. I was glad to see this fits well with the leptin/insulin info...
    I'm sleeping well. I feel better. I love this. And I love this thread.

Canarygirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ladycarnivore View Post
    Hi everyone, just a drive-by..two things..

One:
    I LOVE the taste of coconut oil straight from the jar and it gives incredible energy spike!!

Two:
    I work with a group of people in losing weiught and gettng into shape.. One lady is 53, 5'5 and weighed 185 at Christmas and her current weight is 119!!! She feels fantastic and looks BOMB!!!!

Three(so sue me)
    Spirulina???? anyone???

I will be back (think terminator..hahahah)
    How did the 53 yr old woman do it??? Don't torture us! :-) And what about spirulina...what's that supposed to do for us?
    I'm a quitter...but I'm back now.