Page 3 of 2187 FirstFirst 1234513531035031003 ... LastLast

Thread: Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page 3

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yeh, use the protein source that you prefer. I don't mind WPI.

DigitalSurgeon is offline Senior Member
    I just responded to your question you left tonight. I will check on you to see how you do.

I dont really like Whey because it causes a huge insulin spike in most of my patients. I am OK with Whey if their insulin level are below five but it will raise your TG's And I think that is a bad idea because it can increase your sdLDL and put you at risk for atherosclerosis. The reason Paleo diet works for leptin is because it eliminates the three major causes of leptin resistance. Carbs, Fructose and Omega sixes. There are three distinct pathways in the hypothalamus for these causes of obesity. And most american suffer from a combo of those three. Paleo limits them fast. When you eat the 50 gMS of protein you will notice a dramatic drop in your craving fast. This is a welcomed feeling to the overweight because they are always hungry because of high gut agouti and ghrelin that stimulates central release of NPY. The protein eliminates this effect and ultimately for long term leanness it actually is a calorie restriction mode although most people dont realize that initially because they are never hungry. It works and when your leptin sensitive then you should resume a normal primal/paleo lifestyle with lots of HIIT. I will tell you all I am not a fan or any aerobics because it depletes out stem cell supply and hurts our longevity. I will be blogging about that in the future and it is clearly a part of my QUILT. Many here maybe young but my approach is to help you realize that as you age you need to realize why you stay healthy. This is a part of the paleo lifestyle that has gone untouched for too long. We know the biochemistry so we need to explain it to people so they can judge it for themselves and make informed choices.

DFH
    DFH is offline Senior Member
    That is so interesting.

I put my last labs on another forum section. The main thing was that my trigs took a big jump. I didn't think about it, but I had started doing whey protein isolate because of some surgeries this year. I was on soft food for about 2 months.

Someone on Jimmy Moore's forum asked was I doing whey protein, because it happened to her too! n=2.

Then someone else said it happened to them as well. n=3.

Mastering Leptin has a lot of sensible info, but I don't think they are on target as far as low carb. I don't agree with them recommending whey protein breakfasts.

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member
    I'll be interested in how this goes.

I'm just starting a completely new tack: Seth Roberts' Shangri-La approach, slightly mitigated by common sense and primal tastes and habits. I bought the extra light olive oil today, and I'll see if that and bland food really does lower set point and leads to spontaneously eating less.

I don't think I'll be sipping sugar water anytime soon.

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member
    P.S. I don't like powdered anything, including whey protein.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSurgeon View Post
    I dont really like Whey because it causes a huge insulin spike in most of my patients. I am OK with Whey if their insulin level are below five but it will raise your TG's And I think that is a bad idea because it can increase your sdLDL and put you at risk for atherosclerosis. The reason Paleo diet works for leptin is because it eliminates the three major causes of leptin resistance. Carbs, Fructose and Omega sixes. There are three distinct pathways in the hypothalamus for these causes of obesity. And most american suffer from a combo of those three. Paleo limits them fast. When you eat the 50 gMS of protein you will notice a dramatic drop in your craving fast. This is a welcomed feeling to the overweight because they are always hungry because of high gut agouti and ghrelin that stimulates central release of NPY. The protein eliminates this effect and ultimately for long term leanness it actually is a calorie restriction mode although most people dont realize that initially because they are never hungry. It works and when your leptin sensitive then you should resume a normal primal/paleo lifestyle with lots of HIIT. I will tell you all I am not a fan or any aerobics because it depletes out stem cell supply and hurts our longevity. I will be blogging about that in the future and it is clearly a part of my QUILT. Many here maybe young but my approach is to help you realize that as you age you need to realize why you stay healthy. This is a part of the paleo lifestyle that has gone untouched for too long. We know the biochemistry so we need to explain it to people so they can judge it for themselves and make informed choices.
    Very interesting especially this: "The protein eliminates this effect and ultimately for long term leanness it actually is a calorie restriction mode although most people dont realize that initially because they are never hungry. "

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    thanks Dr. Kruse! Truly awesome of you to respond.

I got the first blog post up. I am excited to see how this goes. An end to this 5 year of huge effort with little result would be the ultimate. From 165 to 245 in six years. I've tried EVERYTHING. Primal has worked best so far, but weight loss stalled after week 5. Ready to start owning my own health and live an optimal life!

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Is there a link to the actual page on Dr. Kruse's site that has these specific recommendations? I read lots of research and explantions for how things work etc. but couldn't find the specific recommendations for what to do to fix things.

What if a person does a daily IF? Doesn't that still work, if the first meal of the day contains 50g of protein still? I usually only eat in a 2-6 hour window and I don't want to stop that, but I do think I might be leptin resistant still or what do you people think? I've never been overweight, but I can't ever lose these 10 pounds and I have chronic fatigue. I have always suspected that it seemed like my body just didn't how to use the energy in my food properly. This all makes so much sense if it is the leptin. I also don't sweat very much, except in the armpits. Even in a sauna I get almost not body sweat, while everyone around me is just pouring sweat.

Is fruit too much fructose or is it really just the massive amounts in SAD foods that are the concern?

Masterjohn just did a podcast with Kresser and one of my readers sent it to me and told me to listen at the 1:12 minute part.....they got into leptin and the LDL receptor issue and I just chuckled. Seems they are finally starting to realize that leptin is a bigger deal than anyone thought.