Page 2186 of 2187 FirstFirst ... 118616862086213621762184218521862187 LastLast
Results 21,851 to 21,860 of 21866

Thread: Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page 2186

Raiken3712 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by moon7 View Post
    I have tried LR couple of times but I start binging on carbs and give up on LR.. First time I tried LR I ate very low carbs (less than 20 gr a day) and lasted maybe a month before I binged. Last time I raised the carbs to 60 gr and lasted only few days till I started binging again. My BAB protein are between 50-70 gr. I don't eat any grains and sugar, but I binge on yogurt, honey and nuts. And by binge I means massive quantities of food in short time window. I am about 10 lb overweight so don't have much to lose. I know my hormones are out of whack as the binges usually happen around ovulation and 10 days before period. My cycles are usually 35-40 days. I am confused what to do. Should I go higher on carbs (keeping it primal) or go to VLC. I am thinking that perhaps my serotonin gets too low on VLC and that's why I binge. Thanks for you advise.
    BRAIN GUT 6: EPI-PALEO Rx | Living an Optimized Life

goo.gl/Li4H6

In case you haven't looked into Iodine it might be a good idea.

tinyurl.com/iodine-references.com

You might also check out Stop the Thyroid Madness book and/or website. Iodine helps to balance hormones and may help you do what you want with the diet.

Epi-Paleo has plenty of Iodine, but because of the many toxins that use the same receptors as Iodine supplementation might be necessary to have sufficient levels.

Amazon.com: Lugol's Iodine Solution(2 oz.) Twin Pack(2 bot.): Everything Else

Amazon.com: Lugol's Iodine Solution 2.2% 1 Liter (33.8oz): Health & Personal Care

Amazon.com: ATP Cofactors

Amazon.com: Selenium (From L-Selenomethionine 200mcg) - 120 - Tablet: Health & Personal Care

There are a few other recommended co-supplements in Iodine guides I linked, but these are the ones I bought.

Are you deficient? - The Iodine Project

This is a list of things that Iodine deficiency can help lead to.
    Height: 6'1"
    Primal start date: July 1st 2011
    Start Weight: 275
    Current Weight: 248
    Stats below as of September 1st 2011 Tested via BodPod
    Body Fat 25.4%
    Fat Mass 63.721
    Fat Free Mass 74.6%
    Fat Free Mass 187.087
    Goal weight: 180-200 lbs(Recommended weight is around 180 for my height but that sounds low)
    Total lost so far: 27 lbs

I have tried LR couple of times but I start binging on carbs and give up on LR.. First time I tried LR I ate very low carbs (less than 20 gr a day) and lasted maybe a month before I binged. Last time I raised the carbs to 60 gr and lasted only few days till I started binging again. My BAB protein are between 50-70 gr. I don't eat any grains and sugar, but I binge on yogurt, honey and nuts. And by binge I means massive quantities of food in short time window. I am about 10 lb overweight so don't have much to lose. I know my hormones are out of whack as the binges usually happen around ovulation and 10 days before period. My cycles are usually 35-40 days. I am confused what to do. Should I go higher on carbs (keeping it primal) or go to VLC. I am thinking that perhaps my serotonin gets too low on VLC and that's why I binge. Thanks for you advise.
    BRAIN GUT 6: EPI-PALEO Rx | Living an Optimized Life

http://home.comcast.net/~jocy1/junk/...h%20Iodine.pdf

In case you haven't looked into Iodine it might be a good idea.

tinyurl.com/iodine-references.com

You might also check out Stop the Thyroid Madness book and/or website. Iodine helps to balance hormones and may help you do what you want with the diet.

Epi-Paleo has plenty of Iodine, but because of the many toxins that use the same receptors as Iodine supplementation might be necessary to have sufficient levels.

Amazon.com: Lugol's Iodine Solution(2 oz.) Twin Pack(2 bot.): Everything Else

http://www.amazon.com/Lugols-Iodine-...ords=Lugol%27s

Amazon.com: ATP Cofactors

Amazon.com: Selenium (From L-Selenomethionine 200mcg) - 120 - Tablet: Health & Personal Care

There are a few other recommended co-supplements in Iodine guides I linked, but these are the ones I bought.

Are you deficient? - The Iodine Project

This is a list of things that Iodine deficiency can help lead to.
    Last edited by Raiken3712; 05-02-2013 at 08:57 AM.
    Body Fat 25.4%
    Fat Mass 63.721
    Fat Free Mass 74.6%
    Fat Free Mass 187.087
    Goal weight: 180-200 lbs(Recommended weight is around 180 for my height but that sounds low)

moon7 is offline Member
    Thanks, Raiken3712.

My T3 Free is very low. TSH and T4 Free is normal. I don't feel tired or have any thyroid symptoms. From I read low T3 Free could be from low carb or low calories (I have been on alternative diet fasting JUDD on and off for a year).
    Do you think I could benefit from iodine with low T3 Free?

Thanks, Raiken3712.

My T3 Free is very low. TSH and T4 Free is normal. I don't feel tired or have any thyroid symptoms. From I read low T3 Free could be from low carb or low calories (I have been on alternative diet fasting JUDD on and off for a year).
    Do you think I could benefit from iodine with low T3 Free?
    I think you could if you are deficient which sounds like it could be likely if Dr. Brownstein and others are right. In Dr. Brownstein's practice he mentions that over 90% of the people he sees are deficient. His reputation as someone who knows about the Thyroid and Iodine might draw people with Thyroid issues many of which would be caused by Iodine deficiency.

Still I think there is a good case for many us being deficient because of all the toxins present. Bromide in many different things, Fluoride in much of the water supply at least in the United States, Perchlorates etc... which all hinder Iodine use.

The Iodine guide I posted is from the Yahoo Iodine support group. It has information on the labs you can get a 24 hour urine load test from to determine sufficiency. They also recommend a bromide test to go along with it. A fluoride level might also be a good thing.
    Body Fat 25.4%
    Fat Mass 63.721
    Fat Free Mass 74.6%
    Fat Free Mass 187.087

nicld is offline Junior Member
    When is weight gain or no weight loss more than just a leptin issue?

I have been on the leptin reset for about 5 weeks now and I know that I have put on some weight (no scales for me). I am making sure to eat my big arse breakfast usually within 30 minutes but sometimes it is longer if I do not wake up earlier to take my thyroid meds. Keeping is low carb but how much, not sure since I am not tracking (eating disorder issue). I have not really started to workout yet, just some mowing and light walking and biking (trying to recover from an exercise addiction too).

I did just get 15 tubes of blood drawn for various test to see where a lot of the hormones are at. Thankfully I took my list of what blood tests I would like based on reading a bunch of Dr. Kruse’s blogs and my doctor agreed to all of them so we will see where they are at and hopefully I got most of them. I did not do the saliva cortisol one yet. I can send out for that one but even if the cortisol is messed up, the basic leptin reset should fix that right?

This may have been answered in another post on here but I am only through 136 of the 2186 that there are so please forgive me if this was answered already.

I am also trying the cold therogenisis right now. It is getting hot here and I do NOT do well in heat. I am hoping that the cold baths at night help me sleep better.

I am going to continue this since I am pretty sure that I really really messed up my hormones due to years of chronic undereater and over exercising and how can it hurt.

Thanks

Nicole

something4me is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nicld View Post
    When is weight gain or no weight loss more than just a leptin issue?
    Hi Nicole,

This thread has not been active for a while.
    Dr. Kruse has his own website and forum.
    You might want to post your question there: Jack Kruse Optimal Forum

nicld is offline Junior Member
    thanks, I'll try there. Just wanted to check here too since this is a monster thread.

Nicole

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    Melanotan II is synthetic version of α-MSH.

Last year I was using it.
    Total 1mg broken into twenty 0.5 mg individual shots.

I got real nice tan.
    Have ended at 1mg total, I did not want any darker tan.

My skin is white again, but it took somewhat longer than usual to get there.

I am about ready to open another vial with 1mg Melanotan.

Any comments???

///
    Do you mean 10mg broken into 20 x .5mg ?

Quote Originally Posted by nicld View Post

I am also trying the cold therogenisis right now. It is getting hot here and I do NOT do well in heat. I am hoping that the cold baths at night help me sleep better.
    How's the cold thermogenesis been working out for you?
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

shmee is offline Senior Member
    What a great thread! Learning lots.

I've been attempting low carb since 2006. It started with Atkins, followed in succession with South Beach, Primal, Paleo. I kept crashing on each of my attempts. My evening hunger was killing me. The obvious solution was to eat more during the day. Admittedly, I hated breakfast and was lacking sorely with it.

When I came across the leptin reset, initially I scoffed. That was a lot to eat at breakfast, let alone 50grams of protein!.

However, today is day 8. I'm still going and my evening hunger is gone! Who knew I have 100 lbs to lose (give or take a few lbs). In the 8 days I've lost 7.2 lbs. Actually, It was 8 lbs but I started ovulating 2 days ago and I gained .6lbs. Nothing changed in my diet. Them hormones eh!

I've had my blood work taken over the years. Most recently a year ago. My TSH is "high" and so are my trigs. I live in no mans land where medical care is ... not what we need. I had to argue to get my cortisol levels taken. He did hesitantly, taken at 3 separate times in the day. It was low all across the board and near negligible in the morning. He didn't know what to tell me about that. He wanted to prescribe me eltroxin (t4) and steroids. I kindly declined!

I'm still dead tired in the morning. But, by mid morning my energy level is through the roof. My bedtime routine could be more tight (emf problems) and my sleep is not as deep and restorative as it could be.

I'm actually excited to see where this will take me. I haven't eaten breakfast in any real substantive quantity since I was 13. I felt like I was going to puke the first couple of days. By the 3rd day I woke up ravenous for my meal. Changes abound

Anyway, great thread! Love the conversations. What a valuable site!

Edit: I don't know how to update my signature, its out of date! Family has been paleo since that time and no one has weight or health issues, except me!
    Last edited by shmee; 01-08-2014 at 08:23 AM.
    Start Weight: 265.8
    Current Weight: 234.4
    Leptin Reset started Jan 1, 2014

DigiSurg is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    nice results shmee......