Page 2185 of 2187 FirstFirst ... 1185168520852135217521832184218521862187 LastLast
Results 21,841 to 21,850 of 21866

Thread: Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page 2185

otzi Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    LDL is the raw material for many of your hormones, and if something goes awry in the conversion process, it will be high with no immediate risk to the heart, but a major need to solve the underlying problem so your estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, cortisol, etc., etc., don't get way out of balance.
    No telling how many people are on statins because of low thyroid. I would be if it weren't for that quack (just kidding) Kruse.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Return of the mega thread!

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Return of the mega thread!
    I kept up with Jack for quite some time on his new blog Jack Kruse Paleo, he is doing a lot of good for people as their doctor, and still giving away a lot of free advice, just not very detailed unless you are willing to hire him as your physician--which is how it should be IMO.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    I kept up with Jack for quite some time on his new blog Jack Kruse Paleo, he is doing a lot of good for people as their doctor, and still giving away a lot of free advice, just not very detailed unless you are willing to hire him as your physician--which is how it should be IMO.
    I don't mind reading his stuff to give me some jumping off points for my own investigations. I liked his gut series and general argument for seafood in the diet. Makes some good points about evolutionary science and in particular supporting our access to water and shoreline foods.

His stuff has gotten more readable with time (maybe he finally hired an editor), and he has gotten better at citing his sources. Some things I think were definitely missing when he first came on the scene.

All in all I think his web presence (i.e. blog) has improved with time. Where I didn't bother reading it at all before, I now pop in for a look here and there.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    I don't mind reading his stuff to give me some jumping off points for my own investigations. I liked his gut series and general argument for seafood in the diet. Makes some good points about evolutionary science and in particular supporting our access to water and shoreline foods.

His stuff has gotten more readable with time (maybe he finally hired an editor), and he has gotten better at citing his sources. Some things I think were definitely missing when he first came on the scene.

All in all I think his web presence (i.e. blog) has improved with time. Where I didn't bother reading it at all before, I now pop in for a look here and there.
    Same here. Looks like he's on to EMF and Grounding now. I've never paid much attention to that aspect of life, but we'll see what he has to say.

Paysan is online now Senior Member
    Anyone concerned about heart health (like me, for example) could do worse than investigate the Pauling -Rath formula and see what a Nobel prizewinner said about getting and keeping coronary arteries and heart muscle healthy. One helpful book is by David Leake -A (Patented) Heart Disease Cure that Works

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    ITA, Neckhammer & Otzi!
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

DigiSurg is offline Member
    Quantum biology now......

janeen is offline Senior Member
    Bump

moon7 is online now Member
    I have tried LR couple of times but I start binging on carbs and give up on LR.. First time I tried LR I ate very low carbs (less than 20 gr a day) and lasted maybe a month before I binged. Last time I raised the carbs to 60 gr and lasted only few days till I started binging again. My BAB protein are between 50-70 gr. I don't eat any grains and sugar, but I binge on yogurt, honey and nuts. And by binge I means massive quantities of food in short time window. I am about 10 lb overweight so don't have much to lose. I know my hormones are out of whack as the binges usually happen around ovulation and 10 days before period. My cycles are usually 35-40 days. I am confused what to do. Should I go higher on carbs (keeping it primal) or go to VLC. I am thinking that perhaps my serotonin gets too low on VLC and that's why I binge. Thanks for you advise.