Page 2184 of 2187 FirstFirst ... 1184168420842134217421822183218421852186 ... LastLast
Results 21,831 to 21,840 of 21866

Thread: Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page 2184

Paleobirdy is offline Senior Member
    well, I am looking forward to the new series on gut/brain.

Again, he doesn't disappoint. BRAIN GUT: 1 WHO ARE WE, REALLY? - Jack Kruse

paisley777 is offline Junior Member
    I've done a few searches and couldn't find the answer to this...

I've seen it said that dairy and whey are ~ok~ for an individual IF it doesn't make their insulin spike.

What is the definition of a 'spike' in insulin?
    I have a glucometer and can measure after eating, but how do I judge the results? 5mg/dl = "spike"? 10md/dl? 50? Etc.

Thanks for your time.

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    IDK, but at least 30, I'd think. Maybe check bloodsugar101.com (if I remember the URL right).
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

thanks!

DigiSurg is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    The idea for the high amount of protein at breakfast probably was ripped off from this book: The Big Breakfast Diet.
    It is high protein and high carb for breakfast and low carb rest of time. Kruse always said to eat your carbs earlier in the day I believe. The book also talks about circadian rhythms.
    Amazon.com: The Big Breakfast Diet: Eat Big Before 9 A.M. and Lose Big for Life (9780761154938): Daniela Jakubowicz MD: Books
    No it was not. Any one who reads the research knows why a BAB works. It is all about how the brain works. Very disingenuous comment.

DigiSurg is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Dr. Kruse doesn't post on this thread anymore. There are some people doing both hcg and using the big breakfast timing of the leptin reset, but sticking to Dr. Simeons' food. Some are cutting the fruit and adding more protein to make up the calories. Then in P3, they started eating full leptin reset style.
    yes he does.......

Tanjunga is offline Junior Member
    Hi, new to this forum but following the leptin reset since the middle of Sept and up to page 1000 on this thread! Wanted to get this question out there so skipped to the end. Went Primal in Jan of 2012. Wanted to ask a question of more experienced people regarding cholesterol Mine as always run high and I've been working on that. Decreasing carbs, increasing fats, etc My last results this week came back with Total cholesterol over 322 but Trigs only 41 and VLDL was 8. LDL 240 and HDL 74. When I had it checked last March, total was around 240 and trigs about 64. What can cause LDL to increase with trigs and VLDL so low! I also had a bad calcium heart score with the cat scan back in May of 2010 so this is a big concern of mine for heart health.

Thanks for any information. I know I probably need a more in-depth test to see what my particles are doing but money is an issue and I'd like to see if I can do anything on my own first.

KK7
    KK7 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanjunga View Post
    Hi, new to this forum but following the leptin reset since the middle of Sept and up to page 1000 on this thread! Wanted to get this question out there so skipped to the end. Went Primal in Jan of 2012. Wanted to ask a question of more experienced people regarding cholesterol Mine as always run high and I've been working on that. Decreasing carbs, increasing fats, etc My last results this week came back with Total cholesterol over 322 but Trigs only 41 and VLDL was 8. LDL 240 and HDL 74. When I had it checked last March, total was around 240 and trigs about 64. What can cause LDL to increase with trigs and VLDL so low! I also had a bad calcium heart score with the cat scan back in May of 2010 so this is a big concern of mine for heart health.

Thanks for any information. I know I probably need a more in-depth test to see what my particles are doing but money is an issue and I'd like to see if I can do anything on my own first.
    Looks like the experiment is over but I hope u still get the answer.

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My LDL went way up, most likely due to Hashimoto's attack, temporarily, and is better than before now that my thyroid, leptin, etc., have been addressed. Went from 202 to 99, all the while Trig's stayed lower than HDL.

LDL is the raw material for many of your hormones, and if something goes awry in the conversion process, it will be high with no immediate risk to the heart, but a major need to solve the underlying problem so your estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, cortisol, etc., etc., don't get way out of balance.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey