Page 2176 of 2187 FirstFirst ... 11761676207621262166217421752176217721782186 ... LastLast
Results 21,751 to 21,760 of 21866

Thread: Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page 2176

AngloPaleo is offline Member
    I am just curious about the meal timings... Do you know what the rationale behind them is?

A lot of primal eaters seem to thrive on a LeanGains-type intermittent fasting, where they typically skip breakfast and have lunch and dinner within a 8-hour window. I wonder why cruse encourages eating 50g of protein soon after waking, although I can see how that would make you less hungry during the day.

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    AngloPaleo, the timings are to solidify a proper circadian rhythm (cortisol-based) to help circumvent the leptin pathway for those who aren't currently able to use it.

Kruse is a strong proponent of IF *after* you are leptin sensitive. If you are leptin resistant, you may be shocked at the effects the 50g breakfast may have on you. If not, no need to worry about it; carry on as you were!

For me, the BAB enabled me to get to the point where, without even trying, I was no longer hungry for lunch, and have regularly been eating only twice a day for five months. No hunger. Lots of IF benefits. Lots of weight loss. I've IF'd breakfast-breakfast once with no trouble at all. Once I get my hormone stuff fully up to speed, I'll be doing that more often.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

BufJen is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hazyjane View Post
    Hey guys!
    I thought I'd post this newsletter I just got from Dr. Kharrazian that might be of interest to anyone with autoimmune issues/leaky gut as well as those who are having a rough time with cold hands/feet from CT.

It sounds like some people are not making enough endothelial nitric oxide synthase/eNOS (Dr. K mentions eNOS as entraining the SCN to cold in CT6) and this may be why they're taking a lot longer to cold adapt:
    Nitric oxide modulation for autoimmune disease

Here is Dr. Kharrazian's Apex Nitric Balance formula ("We recommend trying Nitric Balance if you are treating your neurotransmitter balance, have gluten intolerance (which leads to many autoimmune disorders), or have any type of blood flow problems especially to hands and feet and sexual organs.")

Apex Energetics Nitric Balance K62 for Improved Brain Function and Balance: OVitaminPro.com
    Just wondering if you liked this product and if it helped with CT. My fingers and toes are freezing up like made and I've got no TOM for 8 months, so it sounds like it could help me!

Paleobirdy is offline Senior Member
    Hi folks! Kind of slow on this thread now that Jack has his own forum. I hope any newbies here will pop over there if they are interested.

The recommendations vary, depending on whether or not said person is a spammer. :P

ms_crabtree is offline Junior Member
    This is on Jack's facebook 4 hrs ago

"The brightest minds can fully embrace paradox, ambiguity, and antagonism and find a sense in the chaos. Melding these two shows a working mind."

God complex? He actually thinks he is a god.

Shame on you followers that think he can do no wrong. Your are all pretty obsessed to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSurgeon View Post
    you did not read CT 6 carefully......it induces sleep by raising DHEA.
    sure Jack. Whatever you say, You are always right, god

Quote Originally Posted by ms_crabtree View Post

Shame on you followers that think he can do no wrong. Your are all pretty obsessed to say the least.
    Shame on you for thinking anyone thinks that.

ETA LOL and worse, for registering just to say that.
    Last edited by MamaGrok; 04-22-2012 at 05:05 PM.

DigitalSurgeon is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ms_crabtree View Post
    This is on Jack's facebook 4 hrs ago

"The brightest minds can fully embrace paradox, ambiguity, and antagonism and find a sense in the chaos. Melding these two shows a working mind."

God complex? He actually thinks he is a god.

this was posted on a FB thread discussing evolution and creationism.......not about me. Shame on you.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It's obvious to many that you think to much of yourself. Your webinar spoke volumes to that one. It was like you were talking to yourself for 2 hours. No new information. You should see what people are saying behind your back. Hilarious.

We know it's all about you and many feel you could give 2 sh*ts about them. You remind us of a used car salesman.