Page 2174 of 2187 FirstFirst ... 11741674207421242164217221732174217521762184 ... LastLast
Results 21,731 to 21,740 of 21866

Thread: Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page 2174

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    I don't want to do it but why not, I have nothing better to do till the party starts in June.

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by L8F View Post
    Just bumping this thread since a couple people at PaleoFx were wondering about it...This is the "monster" Leptin thread.
    So I was totally mystified (was out of town) about how this thread could ever need bumping and .... I finally got it! This thread (and the people who make it) has meant a lot for me, about 1000 posts worth of a lot, and a huge change from first post to last ... it needs a proper farewell.

Thank you, Dr. Kruse, for your generosity of your time, that has helped me and hundreds of others to make the health changes we've been seeking for years. We will be sure to take this gift and multiply it by living our newfound health in a way that leads other to ask the questions that may bring them to the same gift.

God bless you! (See you over at Optimal Health forums!)
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

L8F
    L8F is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    So I was totally mystified (was out of town) about how this thread could ever need bumping and .... I finally got it! This thread (and the people who make it) has meant a lot for me, about 1000 posts worth of a lot, and a huge change from first post to last ... it needs a proper farewell.

Thank you, Dr. Kruse, for your generosity of your time, that has helped me and hundreds of others to make the health changes we've been seeking for years. We will be sure to take this gift and multiply it by living our newfound health in a way that leads other to ask the questions that may bring them to the same gift.

God bless you! (See you over at Optimal Health forums!)
    I know, kind of sad....but I am bumping again so that others can find it since I refer to it a lot here on MDA...
    Started Whole30 December 31, 2011
    Integrated Leptin Reset/Jack Kruse plan Jan 13, 2012
    Starting Weight: 174.8
    CW:160.0 lbs

mastazero is offline Junior Member

greetings

greetings from Switzerland )

Paleobirdy is offline Senior Member
    Hi folks! Dr. Kruse will be featured at the Tedx event.

Grizz is offline Banned
    FYI

For those with experience with LDN, I have started a new thread containing ALL the information from this thread in one message.
    Everything known about the miracle drug LDN that boosts the immune system to fight cancer and other autoimmune disease is all there. If I missed anything, let me know.
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post739097

Also, this new document on the Miracle Supplement Iodine is ready to share with friends & family:
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references
    This document contains all the important information from the Iodine Thread here:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...d45205-48.html

Grizz

Owl
    Owl is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, Grizz. I've bookmarked the iodine info.

tla.hiker is offline Junior Member

New guy starting out

I haven't read the whole thread, yet, but have started anyway. I'm only up to page 270. I'll keep reading the thread, though. Hopefully the reset extends my life a few extra decades so I'll have enough time to finish it.

I'm a normal 52yo, overweight, white male. Too much belly, but not morbidly obese. Signs of metabolic syndrome, elevated blood pressure and heart problems. Time to get serious.

I've been low-carbing since the first of the year. Protein-Power-ish. Paleoish. I've been adding various vitamins and minerals as I discover them and research them. I've been IFing dinner-to-dinner, twice a month for about a month. I lift weights a few times a week and walk a fair amount. A month or so ago I discovered Byron Richards 5 Leptin Rules and have been following that. Prior to this week, I'd lost 26 pounds in under 3 months. My BP is now in the normal range.

Monday I started the Leptin Reset. It's a pretty simple change from what I have been doing. BAB, drop the weight-lifting for now, drop the IFing for now. I was already eating a fair amount of protein for breakfast due to Protein-power and Leptin Rules. I'll now be more strict with timing and increase the protein. I haven't had any problems eating a big breakfast. I normally fix 6-egg, bacon, turkey and cheese frittatas and keep then in the fridge for breakfast. I was eating a quarter a day for breakfast. I'm now eating a half, plus some string cheese, for breakfast. Lunch and dinners haven't changed. Salad with meat, meat with vegetables, stuff like that.

So far (it's Friday morning) I haven't noticed significant changes. I lost one pound from Monday to Wednesday (my normal weekly weigh-in day). Who knows whether that had anything to do with the reset. That followed a 3# loss from the prior Wednesday to Monday. I hadn't been getting any "cravings" between meals, though I was occasionally hungry before meal-time came around. That's mostly gone away.

I've never had a lot of problems sleeping, though I sometimes get leg cramps that wake me up and occasionally have to go to the bathroom. My leg cramps had really been acting up in the last week or so before Monday, so I really increased my potassium and started taking selenium. (I'm already taking magnesium and drinking bouillon for sodium). That cleared the leg cramps up and may be why I lost four pounds over the week. Anyway, I'm still sleeping OK, though I'm waking up occasionally. I've got plenty of energy and easily get up at 6:00. But, that's been true and improving since I started low-carb. I may have seen a little improvement since Monday, but it's hard to tell. The waking up in the middle of the night without having cramps or needing to pee is new, but doesn't necessarily mean anything.

I'm hoping this will be easy and quick for me, since it's really not much a change. Hopefully, being "leptin friendly" before starting will give me a head start. I don't feel right skipping the weights, but can live without them for a while if it's the right thing to do. I don't miss the IFing. It seemed to be helping, but I can't say I actually enjoyed not eating till dinner on those days. I'll happily go back to B-to-B IFing if this thing works, though. I'll be watching for the sweat pattern changes and the decrease in hunger so I can get back to the gym. Due to the location of my work, gym and home, I can only work out after work, but before dinner. So, I'll likely be skipping dinner on those days.

Anyway, here we go! Wish me luck.

Tim

L8F
    L8F is offline Senior Member
    Dear Hiker, I think a lot of folks have moved to Kruse's site to continue this particular discussion. I think most members are still on MDA in other threads, but this one is not as active right now. Just so you don't feel like no one is responding...
    Started Whole30 December 31, 2011
    Integrated Leptin Reset/Jack Kruse plan Jan 13, 2012
    Starting Weight: 174.8
    CW:160.0 lbs

tla.hiker is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    L8F,

Thanks for the update. I'll wander over there.

Tim