Page 2164 of 2187 FirstFirst ... 11641664206421142154216221632164216521662174 ... LastLast
Results 21,631 to 21,640 of 21866

Thread: Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page 2164

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by merehart View Post
    In Sept 2011 :
    WBC 3.9 (3.8 -10.8thous/mcl)
    neutrophils 1900 (1500-7800cells/mcl)
    iron 92 (40-175mcg/dl)
    TIBC 233 (250-450mcg/dl)
    TSH 1.73 miU/L
    T4 free 1.1 ng/dL
    T3 free 2.7 pg/mL
    Reverse T3 26 ng/dL

March 2012
    WBC 2.8 (3.8-10.8)
    neutrophils 1200 (1500-7800)
    iron 104
    TIBC 227
    TSH 3.58
    T4 free 1.0
    T3 free 2.2 (now technically low)
    REverse T3 23

I had estrogen dominance according to bloodwork taken at day 21, but taken at day 3 I have low estradiol.
    Sept: (luteal)
    estradiol 215 (<247)
    progesterone <.5 (2.6 -21.5)

Now: (Follicular)
    estradiol 15 (19-44)
    progesterone .5 (<1.0)

I have low B12 (300), ferritin is good, folate is good (yes I am supplementing)
    low iodine (using iodoral)
    pregnenolone 32 (range 7-188)
    low DHEAS 169 (range 40-325)

I corrected the units. I knew progesterone was low, I am supplementing progesterone. Leptin RX since july, with minor detours. CT recently in small doses, working up.
    I am considering adding keto DHEA and possibly pregnenolone, but would like to find a dr I trust first!

I do use maca, and adrenomend for adrenals, lots of b and c....
    I am doing everything I have read here that fits my situation. Now I just wish I could sort this out on my own.

Thanks for your help.
    you're T3:RT3 ratio is .1 you need serious help! your ratio should be >20! rt3-ratio | Stop The Thyroid Madness
    The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
    What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

Converted to PB November 2010
    SW 190lb
    Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
    25 Sep 2011 160lbs
    1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
    GW ~135lbs
    5'3"
    Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html

maile1 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mumone View Post
    Can someone help me?

Ive lurked around these threads for months and stand in awe of you all, taking charge of your health.

I'm 27 and the mother of a 4 year old, I had a miscarriage and a D&C 18 months ago, then I did HCG in August and lost 10Kg, I have been primal for a while now (recently converted to keto primal) and doing the LRx since Jan.
    I have suddenly gained 7 kg (since 1st Feb - literally 1 kg a week) , my hair is falling out, Im fatigued/hormonal/no libido and had my 1st period since September just last week.

I am doing CT ( bath 30 - 40 mins in about 15C water) and slowly adapting, it makes me feel good.

I went to the Doc today to get test results ( suspected thyroid problems ) and was sent home and told to " eat less, exersize more, you fall in the normal range, get up and do what you have to - your legs aren't broken, try taking St Johns Wort"

Im sure that life isn't meant to be lived like this and I dont feel depressed, so......

Can someone please have a look at the results of my tests ?

DHEA - 3.7 umol/L
    TSH - 2.8 mU/L (was 0.8 in 2006, 0.7 in 2009)
    Prolactin - 106 mIU/L
    testosterone - 0.6 nmol/L
    SHBG - 85 nmol/L
    Free Test - 5 nmol/L

(Mid cycle)
    FSH - 4 U/L
    LH - 5 U/L
    Oestradiol - 145 pmol/L
    Progesterone - 6 nmol/L
    LDH - 146 U/L
    Cholesterol -5.8 mmol/L
    Iron - 11 umol/L
    TBIC - 60 umol/L
    B12 - 485 pmol/L

Really hoping you guys can help me, while I convince DH I need a new doctor.

Thanks
    you haven`t provided the ranges however some of those tests are similar to Canadian labs so what I can tell you is
    1) your iron is in the toilet, I suspect the bottom of the range on that lab is 10 umol/L and the top is near 30, if you aren`t eating liver in some way that would be a good place to start.

2) B12, that`s mid way through the range (iirc the upper range is 800 or so) but you would want to be in the upper range for B12 anyway. look up pernicious anemia, combined with your iron level that could be a clue why your hair is falling out

3) your TSH spiked quite a bit from earlier ranges you need to get a FT3, FT4 and RT3 done, to find a decent doctor for that go to realthyroidhelp dot com forum and search the Australian forum they may be able to help you find a decent thryoid doc in your area and guide you how to get those tests done

Clabbergirl is offline Senior Member
    Bumping this up again to request feedback on how to figure out the ratio and balance these out without BHRT if possible. Any help is appreciated.

Ok, got the following hormone labs back today and this is how they read:

DHEA - Sulfate: 68.8 (ref 60.9 - 337)
    Estradiol: 144.2 (follicular phase, 12.5-166) or (ovulation, 85.8 - 498)
    Free Testosterone: .2 (ref .0 - 2.2)
    Progesterone: .2 (follicular, .2 - 1.5) or (ovulation, .8 - 3) or (luteal, 1.7 - 27)

44 yr-old female. Test done on approx. day 8-12 of my cycle which used to be about 30 days on average. I had a uterine ablation so I no longer have a period and can only guess where I am in it based on the cycle of my daughter who lives with me and PMS symptoms.

No supplementation of sex hormones, DHEA, or pregnenolone at least 2 weeks prior to the test, but did have 6 CT baths (30-55 min) within 8 days before the testing, if that makes a difference.

I ordered this test on my own - (doc not helpful in hacking issues and I'm shopping for one in the Nashville area who will be open to this and accept my insurance) - what should this look like for a woman my age and what can I do to get these numbers optimum (aside from CT and Leptin Reset/Keto which I've started)? Supplements? Timing of supplements? Is BHRT my only option? Do I even need BHRT?

Welcoming input.

Clabbergirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwilauren View Post
    I bought the human-grade bulk pet salmon oil and have been doing the 4-5 T off the spoon daily. I also take krill oil (750mg/day - I'm on a serious budget).
    How palatable are you finding this? I'm currently researching a good fish oil and am afraid to order a gallon of this stuff for fear I just won't be able to choke it down. I'd like to hear from others who've been using it. Is it better/worse/the same as cod liver oil? How do you store it?

L8F
    L8F is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clabbergirl View Post
    Bumping this up again to request feedback on how to figure out the ratio and balance these out without BHRT if possible. Any help is appreciated.

Progesterone: .2 (follicular, .2 - 1.5) or (ovulation, .8 - 3) or (luteal, 1.7 - 27)

44 yr-old female. Test done on approx. day 8-12 of my cycle which used to be about 30 days on average. I had a uterine ablation so I no longer have a period and can only guess where I am in it based on the cycle of my daughter who lives with me and PMS symptoms.

No supplementation of sex hormones, DHEA, or pregnenolone at least 2 weeks prior to the test, but did have 6 CT baths (30-55 min) within 8 days before the testing, if that makes a difference.

I ordered this test on my own - (doc not helpful in hacking issues and I'm shopping for one in the Nashville area who will be open to this and accept my insurance) - what should this look like for a woman my age and what can I do to get these numbers optimum (aside from CT and Leptin Reset/Keto which I've started)? Supplements? Timing of supplements? Is BHRT my only option? Do I even need BHRT?

Welcoming input.
    Ok, the day of the test makes it a bit harder for me to interpret, but DHEA is most def. low. I have a 71 and was told this is crazy low, and it appears from all my reading that it should be MUCH higher. Progesterone is also low. I can't remember what your thyroid is like, and what your lipid panel is like...could help to get the rest of the cholesterol to hormones pathway looked at to see where the problem is. I started taking Pregnen/DHEA and felt like a champ after only a few days. Needless to say it didn't solve all my issues, but it did take care of the upper part of the pathway for now. Hoping to retest and see what downstream looks like these days (progesterone was low, E was high). Either way, you are E dom due to low P or high E. So raise P and lower E would be the strategy--please chime in. (Cold CT, liver support and BHRT would be my approach, starting at the top end of the cascade first, then moving along. Or just hit the P right away along with CT and LRx)
    Last edited by L8F; 03-14-2012 at 06:13 AM.
    Started Whole30 December 31, 2011
    Integrated Leptin Reset/Jack Kruse plan Jan 13, 2012
    Starting Weight: 174.8
    CW:160.0 lbs

BJK77 is offline Junior Member
    My doctor pretty much gave me a blank order to get whatever labs I think I need. I'd like to order the CK4/CK8 cytokine test as I read this can help determine if I'm truly dealing with an AI. My thyroid antibodies are always negative, but I'm still suspicious of hashi's.

Has anyone had this test done? How do I write it up on the lab slip? I went in this morning for some other tests and asked about it and the lab tech had no idea what I was talking about.

Welcoming input.
    DHEA is low
    Estradiol - not high/not low - but probably could be better
    Progesterone is in the toilet
    Testosterone is low as well

Pregnenolone would have been a good test to have as well... I'm betting its in the toilet as well..
    you are most definitely a candidate for BHRT. If you find a doc who works with you consider DZ Logic | Optimize Health. Optimize Life.
    This is Dr. Dzugan's new website - he's the Hormone Doc that Colleen uses... I've just started working w/him through my PCP.
    have you checked the paleo physician network for nashville?

SW 190lb
    25 Sep 2011 160lbs
    1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
    GW ~135lbs
    5'3"
    Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

Welcoming input.
    DHEA is low
    Estradiol - not high/not low - but probably could be better
    Progesterone is in the toilet
    Testosterone is low as well

Pregnenolone would have been a good test to have as well... I'm betting its in the toilet as well..
    you are most definitely a candidate for BHRT. If you find a doc who works with you consider DZ Logic | Optimize Health. Optimize Life.
    This is Dr. Dzugan's new website - he's the Hormone Doc that Colleen uses... I've just started working w/him through my PCP.
    have you checked the paleo physician network for nashville?

SW 190lb
    25 Sep 2011 160lbs
    1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
    GW ~135lbs
    5'3"

hebsie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by souldanzer View Post
    Will CT mess with my salivary cortisol results if done the day of testing?

I'm thinking no, since daily CT is the new "normal" but not 100% sure.
    ...I would lay off the CT the day you're doing the 24-hr salivary cortisol test. IMO, a CT session would DEFINITELY skew the results...hebs

souldanzer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by hebsie View Post
    ...I would lay off the CT the day you're doing the 24-hr salivary cortisol test. IMO, a CT session would DEFINITELY skew the results...hebs
    Dr K ??