Page 2144 of 2187 FirstFirst ... 11441644204420942134214221432144214521462154 ... LastLast
Results 21,431 to 21,440 of 21866

Thread: Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page 2144

souldanzer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hebsie View Post
    ...wow, I had the exact same thing the other day too. Little clumps of almost pure white *stuff*, solid to the touch (of a q-tip) --> sorry for that part . At first I thought it was coconut oil related, as it kind of looked like solidified CO. But that makes no sense, as I eat CO everyday (and have for years) and have never seem this before. I almost wanted to save it and have it sent to the lab for testing.

Very strange that you had something similar -- you're doing CT baths too?? I would guess that it's mucus of some sort, but why the cold *potentially* brings it out, well that part I'm not so sure about...hebs
    could very well be parasites... I'm assuming you guys don't have dogs

primal-dan is offline Member
    I've never had a blood test and have no idea what to ask for. What do you all recommend I have checked out before starting LR?

I'm slowly working my way through this thread and I see lots of references to LDLs, TG, rT3, TSH, etc.,. Are those included in a regular blood test that would be part of an annual checkup?

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    What labs are required for optimization? - Jack Kruse

And no, unless your doctor is very on top of research, you'd have to wrestle him to the ground to get an rT3 out of him. Mine told me he'd rather see me spend $300 on running shoes than on labs. :HEADDESK:
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

maladee is offline Member
    Hey something I know about lol, Cats NEED a diet with at least 75% moisture ,so any dry is not the best ,I did not know it would help fleas but, the healthier the animal the fewer parasites are attracted, like mange we all have mites on us but when a dogs immune system breaks down, the mites grow in number soo he gets mange.

Back to cat food I do make my own raw for them , but I also feed a no grain food that is dry and I have on hand a SAD canned cat food, that way they can get as much moisture as they can ,and I can be lazy and leave a bowl out of dry. So you are doing the right thing cats get urinary problems mainly from eating ONLY dry, they do not have a thirst response that is strong so de- hydration sets in quickly.

I have been a groomer for 23yrs and have seen soo many problems that could be erased by proper nutrition I try to educate the public but nobody listens it is sad

Back to CT I was able to stay in a ice bath for about thirty min.Is that Good? also the temp of the water was at 60 degrees is that cold enough or most it be at 50 degrees?

I have noticed more energy through out the day and my feet are very warm still

Quote Originally Posted by kkcarlton View Post
    First time in more than a year, or longer, that I slept through the night. I normally wake up at least once, go to the bathroom, go back to sleep. Last night went to bed around 10:20 PM, woke up and realize it's 5:40 AM. This is SO incredible.
    That's awesome, kk!

I've been sleeping like a rock as well. I've stepped up my CT (out of desperation, lol) and on Saturday I missed a meeting with a friend b/c I must have wandered to bed after my bath... woke up 2 hours later and had some explaining to do!

Every once in a while I wake up during the night with flu symptoms. I'm assuming it's detox as it always disappears within a few hours...

Clabbergirl is online now Senior Member
    Ok, got the following hormone labs back today and this is how they read:

DHEA - Sulfate: 68.8 (ref 60.9 - 337)
    Estradiol: 144.2 (follicular phase, 12.5-166) or (ovulation, 85.8 - 498)
    Free Testosterone: .2 (ref .0 - 2.2)
    Progesterone: .2 (follicular, .2 - 1.5) or (ovulation, .8 - 3) or (luteal, 1.7 - 27)

44 yr-old female. Test done on approx. day 8-12 of my cycle which used to be about 30 days on average. I had a uterine ablation so I no longer have a period and can only guess where I am in it based on the cycle of my daughter who lives with me and PMS symptoms.

No supplementation of sex hormones, DHEA, or pregnenolone at least 2 weeks prior to the test, but did have 6 CT baths (30-55 min) within 8 days before the testing, if that makes a difference.

I ordered this test on my own - (doc not helpful in hacking issues and I'm shopping for one in the Nashville area who will be open to this and accept my insurance) - what should this look like for a woman my age and what can I do to get these numbers optimum (aside from CT and Leptin Reset/Keto which I've started)? Supplements? Timing of supplements? Is BHRT my only option? Do I even need BHRT?

Welcoming input.

Quote Originally Posted by maladee View Post
    Back to CT I was able to stay in a ice bath for about thirty min.Is that Good? also the temp of the water was at 60 degrees is that cold enough or most it be at 50 degrees?

I have noticed more energy through out the day and my feet are very warm still
    Just increase the ice a little each day till you get it to 55 or below. Very slowly, take it at your own pace.

So glad to see positive progress for you, kk!

maladee is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    What labs are required for optimization? - Jack Kruse

And no, unless your doctor is very on top of research, you'd have to wrestle him to the ground to get an rT3 out of him. Mine told me he'd rather see me spend $300 on running shoes than on labs. :HEADDESK:
    I have kaiser they do not seem to be very helpful either ,does anyone know of a good health insurance this one costs me $375 (I am self employed have to pay my own) it seems I could stop my health insurance and pay for a REAL doctor who would do more for me ,do they exist ?

@mamagrok I meant to do a reply with a quote about your cat oh well! you know what I was talking about LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Clabbergirl View Post
    DHEA - Sulfate: 68.8 (ref 60.9 - 337)
    Estradiol: 144.2 (follicular phase, 12.5-166) or (ovulation, 85.8 - 498)
    Free Testosterone: .2 (ref .0 - 2.2)
    Progesterone: .2 (follicular, .2 - 1.5) or (ovulation, .8 - 3) or (luteal, 1.7 - 27)

I ordered this test on my own - (doc not helpful in hacking issues and I'm shopping for one in the Nashville area who will be open to this and accept my insurance) - what should this look like for a woman my age and what can I do to get these numbers optimum (aside from CT and Leptin Reset/Keto which I've started)? Supplements? Timing of supplements? Is BHRT my only option? Do I even need BHRT?
    Don't ask what it should look like for a woman your age - the idea that it should all fall apart after we turn 35 is CW silliness based on "modern culturally normal" instead of "biologically normal."

Based on your DHEA, Doc would say, "I bet your sleep is terrible!" And yes, ask the estrogen-dominant gurus around here what to do for that, b/c that certainly looks to be an issue. I bet you're goingto be feeling worlds better after those two issues are taken care of! (and increased progesterone, of course)

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by L8F View Post
    I am a little wary, but going supplement free except for Vit A, B complex and Betaine since I don't have offal right now, and am going to try for a week. Will eat Brazil nuts.
    Bad experience that will not be repeated, had a corn tamale with red chili sauce and shrimp while out. Mistake, big one. Felt terrible all day the following day, and randomly ate two whole chocolate bars and felt crap. DON'T cave at restaurants cause there are visitors! You will feel it bad. I guess this seals the deal on what diet does or doesn't do for me.

I don't like the restaurant-experience, either... for different reasons. I grew up in a house of home-cooked, lol! I still like my own cooking the best.

It's just SO counterintuitive for me to spend a ton of $$$ on a little bit of lower quality food (non-grassfed) with no control over ingredients when I can just throw a steak into the pan at home - voila, 5 min later, yummy meal with no doubts! And I can buy 3 lbs of grass-fed for a restaurant steak...