Page 2136 of 2187 FirstFirst ... 113616362036208621262134213521362137213821462186 ... LastLast
Results 21,351 to 21,360 of 21866

Thread: Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page 2136

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by DemieTrue View Post
    We can only eat at 12:30-1PM with the children. Then sometimes we can at around 4PM. Dinner is when I get home at around 6:30PM. I am concerned with keeping my energy up from 11AM-6PM if I don't eat something at around 12:30PM with the children. It looks like people are skipping lunch? I do not personally think I could physically handle eating at 9AM and then not eating again till 6:30PM. That's like 9 hours. Any suggestions on the timing of the meals? Huge protein breakfast, moderate lunch, small dinner? Huge protein breakfast, small lunch, moderate dinner?
    Thanks so much,
    Demie
    Most of us start out eating lunch - probably all, actually. Skipping lunch isn't something we try to do; it's something that happens naturally as we become more leptin sensitive. It's just mind-boggling to me, b/c there was a time when I literally ate 65g of protein for breakfast and felt like I could do it all over again right that minute, and then still eat lunch and dinner. One month later, I was full at breakfast and couldn't eat lunch anymore. It's calorie reduction the BEST way - it just happens! No whiteknuckling it! You don't even want to eat when it comes - amazing.

I'd focus your efforts on trying to eat earlier than 9, if possible, to get at least 4hrs between bkfst & dinner - 5 is ideal. Whether you have a bigger lunch or dinner is totally up to you.

Thanks for your reply Digital Surgeon! I can't tell if your user name means you operate on fingers, you study numbers/data, or you are a laser wielding robot
    That's Dr. Kruse's username here - pay attention to his golden encrypted nuggets, lol!
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

kkcarlton is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by colleencoble View Post
    There is just nothing in your diet that is typically a problem, though when you have a leaky gut, anything can be an issue. Some thyroid docs say to avoid the cabbage family if you have thyroid issues so you could try that. That's got to be terribly frustrating!
    Yeah, I am not eating any of the usual culprits but I agree that anything can be an issue with leaky gut. I have just been trying to figure this out for so long it's crazy. I take probiotics, eat fermented foods, eat low carb, now the reset and CT, etc. and absolutely nothing has helped the abdominal distention which of course is a sign that my gut is definitely still messed up. I am hoping the anti-parasitics will help.

I think cabbage family veggies are ok as long as they are cooked but I have been wondering about the sauerkraut. I may switch to a different ferment for a while although I am thinking there is more to it.
    Started Atkins:: 1996
    Started Paleo: 2003
    Illness Started: 2008
    Started Leptin Reset: 01.10.2012
    Thighs Starting Size: 54.8 cm
    Thighs Goal Size: 53.5 cm
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread46986.html

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for your reply Digital Surgeon! I can't tell if your user name means you operate on fingers, you study numbers/data, or you are a laser wielding robot
    Demie, that's fantastic!

I guess it means Dr. Kruse operates USING fingers?

I suppose in a deeper sense it means that he operates using IDEAS, spread by digital means.

AmieSue is offline Senior Member
    Colleen, did you get my email? I sent it about 3 days or so ago.
    Amie Sue...

L8F
    L8F is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SUEVILLE View Post
    The hottest trend in luxury hotels now is ice/snow saunas or cyro rooms. Interesting, huh?
    Cool! I will look. Fun.
    Started Whole30 December 31, 2011
    Integrated Leptin Reset/Jack Kruse plan Jan 13, 2012
    Starting Weight: 174.8
    CW:160.0 lbs

kiwilauren is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kkcarlton View Post
    Yeah, I am not eating any of the usual culprits but I agree that anything can be an issue with leaky gut. I have just been trying to figure this out for so long it's crazy. I take probiotics, eat fermented foods, eat low carb, now the reset and CT, etc. and absolutely nothing has helped the abdominal distention which of course is a sign that my gut is definitely still messed up. I am hoping the anti-parasitics will help.

I think cabbage family veggies are ok as long as they are cooked but I have been wondering about the sauerkraut. I may switch to a different ferment for a while although I am thinking there is more to it.
    KK, I have no insights re: what is going on for your and the gut etc, but I just wanted to say I'm really sorry to hear how hard it is for you right now. I'm sure I'd be freaking out if it felt like I was going backwards and I can hear how hard you're trying to do everything just right and figure everything out. I suppose the only consolation I would take is that this process does NOT follow our usual ways of thinking, so maybe 'worse' isn't actually worse, just part of the process. Hang in there, especially with the CT. It's one thing that can turn your ship around without you having to figure out which part needs fine tuning! All the best.

Groketteliveson is offline Senior Member
    Thanks so much for your informative reply MamaGrok! Demie is short for Demetra I have one more question, if you don't mind. My job entails taking care of very physically active young children - 17 in all, from 11AM to 6PM every day. We spend about 3 hours outside and there is very little down time. We can only eat at 12:30-1PM with the children. Then sometimes we can at around 4PM. Dinner is when I get home at around 6:30PM. I am concerned with keeping my energy up from 11AM-6PM if I don't eat something at around 12:30PM with the children. It looks like people are skipping lunch? I do not personally think I could physically handle eating at 9AM and then not eating again till 6:30PM. That's like 9 hours. Any suggestions on the timing of the meals? Huge protein breakfast, moderate lunch, small dinner? Huge protein breakfast, small lunch, moderate dinner?
    Thanks so much,
    Demie
    You will probably be pleasantly surprised after eating the BAB and CT that you won't even feel hungry anymore.

colleencoble is offline Senior Member
    I did, AmieSue and I answered it immediately. Let me go resend.

hazyjane is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kkcarlton View Post
    Actually, I have mycoplasma and a ton of viruses like EBV, CMV, and others, also Babesia and possibly others. God knows what is going on but it sure is frustrating to be gaining roughly 2 lbs a week and not know why for sure.

I am on T3 meds so there wouldn't be any conversion, but I know bugs can wreak havoc in other ways. I think it's true that all diseases start in the gut and my gut sure is not healed yet.

Thanks for mentioning this.
    Maybe it would be good to see Richard Hall @ White Hawk Health about those. He really is great at figuring out exactly which formulas will kill them. What he does is test for the individual energetic frequency of each "bug" and then find which herb/formula will neutralize it and kill it. For some reason, this method seems to do the job faster than medications. It's pretty high-tech. I've had nothing but good results killing all those little nasty things using his formulas.

We are exposed to a ridiculous amount of weird pathogens these days.

AmieSue is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by colleencoble View Post
    I did, AmieSue and I answered it immediately. Let me go resend.

Got it! You forgot to put a postage stamp on it. The mail delivery system was holding on to it. haha Thank you
    Amie Sue...