Page 2135 of 2187 FirstFirst ... 113516352035208521252133213421352136213721452185 ... LastLast
Results 21,341 to 21,350 of 21866

Thread: Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page 2135

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Shijin13 View Post
    Ok.. This morning I woke up at 630, really 730 w/the time change ready to charge out of bed... this never happens... the only change - was teh addition to the progesterone last night... I put the cream on right before bed and took my usual melatonin, and mag.... I think tonight I'm going to try w/o the melatonin...

This has been the easiest spring forward in my entire life... focusing on all these circadian rhythms made it ezpz! Its so nice to wake up as the sun gets up...
    I remember the first time I used progesterone cream -- even the weak stuff sold in the grocery store. I got a huge burst of energy, which lasted all day. I'm using vitex and the weak cream now, as I'm expecting a big flood of estrogen once fat starts being mobilized by cold. It would be nice to get to the point where some herbal help like vitex (which I can grow myself) might be all that I needed to stay in balance.

I figured another way to ease into the cold treatment - use ice packs, but don't have them quite fully frozen at first. Also, a deep freeze has a temperature of 0 degrees F, which is damned cold. Better to have the ice packs around 30 F, I would think, and then just renew them more frequently. Frostbite isn't a nice thing to do to oneself. With the laser temperature gauge from Amazon, which is in the mail as we speak, I think I'll be able to figure out fairly readily how long to leave the ice packs in the freezer to reach the desired temperature, instead of zero degrees F.

I'm thinking of sewing a pack (well, two packs, really) which could hold ice firmly against the flollopy backs of my upper arms, fastened with sheets of velcro. So as the size changes, the pressure could stay the same. That is one place where I'd LOVE to spot reduce, which everyone always claimed was impossible. Then I believe I remember Doc saying that using MSM might shrink the little empty bag of skin afterward? That would be awesome. My mighty piano tuning biceps and triceps revealed to the world? The mind boggles.

Reminds me of a funny moment during one of my earliest sessions with my very bright physical therapist. She had just worked over rock-hard deltoids so my neck wouldn't hurt. I said something about all that muscle, and why wasn't it somewhere useful, like abs? And she said that I already had strong abs. "What, my own six-pack under all that?" "Unless you're VERY different from other people, yes ..." she said. <grin>

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Totally true - I haven't lifted one weight or done one sit-up or even a plank, and the muscles I built years ago are already revealing themselves, just as the fat goes away. I can see my six pack every time the bloating goes, and my biceps are there without a doubt, almost as big as they were when I was curling heavy several times a week.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

DemieTrue is offline Junior Member
    Am new to LR and just doing my preliminary research. I have one question. If I am under 5'2' and my healthy adult weight (before 3 pregnancies with gestational diabetes and hypothyroid issues) was between 108 and 116. Was happy, healthy, had energy, looked properly proportioned physically at that weight. Shouldn't I be eating less protein and calories than typically prescribed for a large man? To maintain at 116, shouldn't my daily calories max out at around 1276? I am small boned with a small frame. I am not trying to "get down" to 150 lbs, since at 150, I am obese. Any ideas, suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Demie

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Great questions, Demie (love your name!).

If you want to do the leptin reset, and it sounds like you do, you need to know two things.

1 - worrying about calories on the LR will only keep you worried (= high cortisol, bad) and/or from eating all the nutrients your body needs to heal. Healing is primary. Do the healing, and then the weight loss will come easily, when it's time. That time is not usually *during* the LR, but it is easy and amazing when it comes.

2 - The 50g protein breakfast was validated during a study of high school girls, not known for their physical size, lol. Yes, it was made for you, at your height and with your goal weight in mind. Try the 50g. It may suck at first - a lot of people don't have enough stomach acid for it at first and need to take Betaine HCl to get it down; others just press through and find it great in a few weeks. For me, I relished it, but I was already used to 25g each morning, and knew the amazing difference even that much protein had made. Going from 25 to 50 was another set of startling changes, and going from 50 to 65 (I'm 5'4") sealed the deal - my sugar addiction was gone.

So try the 50g. For a few weeks. If you find you can't digest it, try HCl. If you find it's just too filling, just do what you can and increase a little each day for a few weeks. If it still sucks for you, try 40g and see what you get. You want to feel *really* full (this is important) and have no cravings and no desire to snack at all.

Oh, and a third thing - apparently one can skip the LR altogether if one does CT (cold thermogenesis) + a paleo ketogenic diet. We here at the mega-thread haven't seen that yet because we all started with the LR, lol, but it seems Dr. KRuse has seen this and I can't wait to hear his stories!

Best to you!
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

DigitalSurgeon is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DemieTrue View Post
    Am new to LR and just doing my preliminary research. I have one question. If I am under 5'2' and my healthy adult weight (before 3 pregnancies with gestational diabetes and hypothyroid issues) was between 108 and 116. Was happy, healthy, had energy, looked properly proportioned physically at that weight. Shouldn't I be eating less protein and calories than typically prescribed for a large man? To maintain at 116, shouldn't my daily calories max out at around 1276? I am small boned with a small frame. I am not trying to "get down" to 150 lbs, since at 150, I am obese. Any ideas, suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Demie
    gestational diabetes means your an estrogen collector and you will get T2D in the future......its a lock. Your kids also have the epigenetic signaling for this too and likely will be LR. Sorry but that is transgenerational epigenetics and how it works......you need CT and paleo diet and the Leptin Rx stat. That is all I have.

Thanks so much for your informative reply MamaGrok! Demie is short for Demetra I have one more question, if you don't mind. My job entails taking care of very physically active young children - 17 in all, from 11AM to 6PM every day. We spend about 3 hours outside and there is very little down time. We can only eat at 12:30-1PM with the children. Then sometimes we can at around 4PM. Dinner is when I get home at around 6:30PM. I am concerned with keeping my energy up from 11AM-6PM if I don't eat something at around 12:30PM with the children. It looks like people are skipping lunch? I do not personally think I could physically handle eating at 9AM and then not eating again till 6:30PM. That's like 9 hours. Any suggestions on the timing of the meals? Huge protein breakfast, moderate lunch, small dinner? Huge protein breakfast, small lunch, moderate dinner?
    Thanks so much,
    Demie

colleencoble is offline Senior Member
    There is just nothing in your diet that is typically a problem, though when you have a leaky gut, anything can be an issue. Some thyroid docs say to avoid the cabbage family if you have thyroid issues so you could try that. That's got to be terribly frustrating!

Thanks for your reply Digital Surgeon! I can't tell if your user name means you operate on fingers, you study numbers/data, or you are a laser wielding robot

Kirstin is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DemieTrue View Post
    Thanks so much for your informative reply MamaGrok! Demie is short for Demetra I have one more question, if you don't mind. My job entails taking care of very physically active young children - 17 in all, from 11AM to 6PM every day. We spend about 3 hours outside and there is very little down time. We can only eat at 12:30-1PM with the children. Then sometimes we can at around 4PM. Dinner is when I get home at around 6:30PM. I am concerned with keeping my energy up from 11AM-6PM if I don't eat something at around 12:30PM with the children. It looks like people are skipping lunch? I do not personally think I could physically handle eating at 9AM and then not eating again till 6:30PM. That's like 9 hours. Any suggestions on the timing of the meals? Huge protein breakfast, moderate lunch, small dinner? Huge protein breakfast, small lunch, moderate dinner?
    Thanks so much,
    Demie
    You don't have to skip any meal - starting with 3 meals is OK. I, for one,haven't been able to skip lunch like many others. I eat the BAB, have a medium lunch and then a small to medium dinner. We are all different and what works for one doesn't work for all. Just do what works for you!
    p.s. Digital Surgeon=Dr. Kruse

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    Totally true - I haven't lifted one weight or done one sit-up or even a plank, and the muscles I built years ago are already revealing themselves, just as the fat goes away. I can see my six pack every time the bloating goes, and my biceps are there without a doubt, almost as big as they were when I was curling heavy several times a week.

This does seem like a hopeful day.

I haven't built a fire. The house is around 60 F.

I just ordered orange goggles, the Himalayan rock salt lamp (heck, gotta have a little fun), and Uzzi Reiss's book, all from Amazon.

I just ordered Natpro, which looks stronger and better than what I've been using. By the way, an "s" was missing from that link to the Natpro site, but I stuck it back in there.

And I'm thinking about how Michaelangelo sculpted -- he just took away whatever didn't look like what he was carving. And it seems that cold might do the same thing -- just remove the extra, and what's already there emerges.