Page 2134 of 2187 FirstFirst ... 113416342034208421242132213321342135213621442184 ... LastLast
Results 21,331 to 21,340 of 21866

Thread: Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page 2134

hazyjane is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by kkcarlton View Post
    Morning!

I am up another 2 lbs this morning. I have now gained roughly 12 lbs since end of December and 2.7 cm in my thighs. Talked to my Lyme doc on Wednesday who thinks parasites are still an issue and they as well as possibly yeast are affecting my metabolism. I noticed Dr. K replied to someone on his blog who was asking if parasites could be an issue if LR and CT are not working. He said yes, also candida and that leaky gut is a tough one. So I am wondering if that's what's going on because I have been gaining roughly 2 lbs a week the last 3 weeks. No change in diet or exercise and never more than 20 grams of carbs in the form of veggies.

My doc is putting me on Biltricide (second time) then Ivermectin, Pyrantel pamoate, Albenza, and Alinia in that order. Wonder how that's going to make me feel and sure hope this will knock out whatever is going on in my gut.

I was also thinking about a functional deficiency as in toxins from bugs blocking thyroid receptors so thyroid hormones don't get to the cells where they need to go.

Thoughts?

~k
    All those bugs/yeast can certainly create a huge drain on the adrenals, which will then affect T4-T3 conversion. I don't know as much about the receptors...

I wonder if you have a weird co-infection that your doc hasn't found. I was hanging out with some people the other night and one of them is an herbalist named Brent Davis (Nashville Chiropractor | Chiropractic Wellness Center) and he was telling me about how so many people can't heal because they have mycoplasma co-infections. This confirms what my herbalist has found in me at times when I couldn't get well.
    I wonder if that's the case with you?

kkcarlton is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hazyjane View Post
    All those bugs/yeast can certainly create a huge drain on the adrenals, which will then affect T4-T3 conversion. I don't know as much about the receptors...

I wonder if you have a weird co-infection that your doc hasn't found. I was hanging out with some people the other night and one of them is an herbalist named Brent Davis (Nashville Chiropractor | Chiropractic Wellness Center) and he was telling me about how so many people can't heal because they have mycoplasma co-infections. This confirms what my herbalist has found in me at times when I couldn't get well.
    I wonder if that's the case with you?
    Actually, I have mycoplasma and a ton of viruses like EBV, CMV, and others, also Babesia and possibly others. God knows what is going on but it sure is frustrating to be gaining roughly 2 lbs a week and not know why for sure.

I am on T3 meds so there wouldn't be any conversion, but I know bugs can wreak havoc in other ways. I think it's true that all diseases start in the gut and my gut sure is not healed yet.

Thanks for mentioning this.
    Started Atkins:: 1996
    Started Paleo: 2003
    Illness Started: 2008
    Started Leptin Reset: 01.10.2012
    Thighs Starting Size: 54.8 cm
    Thighs Goal Size: 53.5 cm
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread46986.html

SUEVILLE is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by L8F View Post
    I never cared about hotels offering "deep soaking tubs" but now I can really see the advantages. Also thinking that a freestanding tub where there is no wall blocking an arm from hanging over is ideal. I guess once I am smaller in
    The hottest trend in luxury hotels now is ice/snow saunas or cyro rooms. Interesting, huh?

Dextery is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NotOptimalYet View Post
    Profile is where I originally went but could not see it...how to edit signature. I just tried again and it is not there. Maybe it is no longer an option.
    The only way I can figure out how to get to the area to edit/add to signature field is to go to the FAQ section and enter into the search field "signature"
    That will take you to a page...scroll down and then click "edit signature" and that will take you to the right place to create a signature.

maladee is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSurgeon View Post
    Somebody go to the Leaky gut Rx comments and straighten this Bridgette out.........she is driving me nuts with the way she thinks
    I tried, but I am not as knowledgeable as most here, I can only give my life's experiences

sherry.
    Last edited by maladee; 03-11-2012 at 10:06 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Dextery View Post
    The only way I can figure out how to get to the area to edit/add to signature field is to go to the FAQ section and enter into the search field "signature"
    That will take you to a page...scroll down and then click "edit signature" and that will take you to the right place to create a signature.
    That's crazy...I still can't get to this thread in Firefox but everything else and all other threads on the forum work in Firefox.

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NotOptimalYet View Post
    That is where I originally went but could not see it. I just tried again and it is not there. Maybe it is no longer an option.
    The "setttings" tab is missing from the top bar for MDA now. I'm not sure why. Here's the URL: marksdailyapple.com/forum/usercp.php
    Click on that, and you'll see an option on the left for "Edit signature."
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Dextery is offline Senior Member
    Dr Kruse posted this gem on Facebook this morning

Jack Kruse
    HEARD @ the blog from AKman from the Arctic Circle, "Adventures in Diet
    From 1906 until 1918, Arctic explorer Vilhjalmur Stefansson (1879 - 1962) spent 11 years as an Eskimo among Eskimos. He was adopted into an Eskimo family, lived in tent, and ate fish and seal meat, often raw or fermented. He concluded that he had never been in better health in his life. He also writes about the excellent health, including dental health, and the absence of headaches experienced on exclusive animal-foods diet."

No incandesent or flouresent light bulbs, no computer screens, no veggies to speak of.....the true ketogenic diet in the context of cold thermogenesis....leading to excellent health.......

Do we need anything more?

colleencoble is offline Senior Member
    kkcarlton, what are you eating? Have you been eating a lot of eggs? If so, I would try cutting them out and see what your weight does. if you're not eating eggs, post a typical menu for you. What you're dealing with sounds like it might be a food intolerance. That causes that weight creep from inflammation. Food intolerances are a big problem when you have a leaky gut. When mine was at its worst, I reacted to everything you can imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by colleencoble View Post
    kkcarlton, what are you eating? Have you been eating a lot of eggs? If so, I would try cutting them out and see what your weight does. if you're not eating eggs, post a typical menu for you. What you're dealing with sounds like it might be a food intolerance. That causes that weight creep from inflammation. Food intolerances are a big problem when you have a leaky gut. When mine was at its worst, I reacted to everything you can imagine.
    No eggs...I cut them out several weeks ago. A typical day looks like this:

BR - Grass-fed ground beef, 1/2 - 1 cup of coffee with 2 T CO, 1/4 cup homemade sauerkraut.
    LU - Beef bone broth, 1/2 cup coffee with 2 T CO.
    DI - Grilled grass-fed t-bone or more grass-fed ground beef, broccoli drowned in tallow, possibly more sauerkraut, beef bone broth, more CO.

I also eat pork on occasion, and sometimes chicken, but haven't had any since I got my half beef 2/18. Other vegetables I eat are cauliflower, cabbage, zucchini. I take salmon oil capsules right now but am waiting on my O6/O3 test kit to get here.