Page 2133 of 2187 FirstFirst ... 113316332033208321232131213221332134213521432183 ... LastLast
Results 21,321 to 21,330 of 21866

Thread: Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page 2133

kkcarlton is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by NotOptimalYet View Post
    kkcarlton, could you please let me know how do you create your info following your every post?

Started Atkins:: 1996
    Started Paleo: 2003
    Illness Started: 2008
    Started Leptin Reset: 01.10.2012
    Thighs Starting Size: 54.8 cm
    Thighs Goal Size: 53.5 cm
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread46986.html
    Hi,

You have to go to your profile and add it as a signature. If you need more detailed instructions let me know. It didn't seem all that intuitive to me on this forum.

~k

thaijinx is offline Senior Member
    I realize that the topic is veering off slightly with another progesterone question, but I'm interested in taking it for my extremely painful periods. I've been doing a bit of research on it, but you guys clearly know all about it and are currently taking it. So, to your guys, can I ask:

* Can I buy pregesterone over the counter or is it prescribed...?
    * Do you recommend a specific brand?
    * Are there any side effects from using it or is it safe?

I'd really appreciate any info, as my periods are getting worse each month.

Now, back to the topic:

My CT question relates to drinking the glasses of cold water.

Digital Surgeon, you recommend this as a way of instigating thermogensis... as does Tim Ferriss... but, in the long run, is it a good idea to drink cold beverages, including ice water? In Chinese medicine it's believed that cold beverages need energy to warm them up to body temp... This warmth comes directly from the spleen, and the problem over the long term is that the spleen then gets depleted of energy. This can lead to complications like chronic fatigue. What are your thoughts on this and is it a concern ?

I'm glad I don't have to eat breakfast... I've never been big on eating first thing.
    Last edited by thaijinx; 03-11-2012 at 08:21 AM.

kathylu is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post

Sounds really fascinating, thanks! Now, two questions:

- Any particular reason you didn't add coconut water? I was thinking of making it myself, and imagined the magic ingredients would be coconut water that was fermented, then adding a bit of fruit juice at the end (since the fruit juice in theirs isn't fermented).

- I remember Nourishing Traditions saying to be careful not to ferment fruits more than 2 days, but I can't remember why - seems like it was something more than "they will then turn to alcohol," but I can't remember what. ?
    Home made Kevita:
    I didn't happen to have any coconut water in the house, and it's a minor ingredient according to the Kevita label. You certainly can and should use coconut water if you have it!
    It seems to be a little like kombucha...the bugs need a source of sugar to grow, but other than that they don't seem to be picky about ingredients.
    Yes, with longer fermentation, you will get some alcohol production. I personally don't worry about it because the amount of sugar is so small that not much alcohol will be produced.
    The finished product reminds me of "water kefir soda". Also, I like to do ferments of all sorts. I'm thrilled to add another one to the recipe list! My purpose here was to see if I could get the bugs to reproduce and produce a tasty end product...I wasn't trying to copy Kevita exactly, though one could certainly do that.

According to the Kevita label, the ingredients are: Purified water, probiotic inoculum, coconut water, mango puree, ACV, mango flavor, coconut flavor, vitamin C, stevia, fruit & veggie color.

Since coconut water is listed after probiotic inoculum, that means there is hardly any actual coconut water in the commercial product.

DigitalSurgeon is offline Senior Member
    Somebody go to the Leaky gut Rx comments and straighten this Bridgette out.........she is driving me nuts with the way she thinks

Quote Originally Posted by thaijinx View Post
    I realize that the topic is veering off slightly with another progesterone question, but I'm interested in taking it for my extremely painful periods. I've been doing a bit of research on it, but you guys clearly know all about it and are currently taking it. So, to your guys, can I ask:

Can I buy pregesterone over the counter or is it prescribed...?
    Do you recommend a specific brand?
    Are there any side effects from using it or is it safe?

Digital Surgeon, you recommend this as a way of instigating thermogensis... as does Tim Ferriss... but, in the long run, is it a good idea to drink cold beverages, including ice water? In Chinese medicine it's believed that cold beverages need energy to warm them up to body temp... This warmth comes directly from the spleen, and the problem over the long term is that the spleen then gets depleted of energy. This can lead to complications like chronic fatigue. What are your thoughts on this and is it a concern ?

I'm glad I don't have to eat breakfast... I've never been big on eating first thing.
    I bet after CT 7 its going to veer right back here......just predicting.

Now, back to the topic:

We want the body to warm the water up......that is how we turn on the pilot light.......Chinese medicine works within the warm adapted pathways......not the one we are talking so your mixing apples with oranges. If you want to remain warm adapted you live by a different rules. Optimal requires cold......pure and simple.
    Last edited by DigitalSurgeon; 03-11-2012 at 08:29 AM.

kkcarlton is offline Senior Member

Now, back to the topic:

You can buy progesterone OTC but I think Coleen or someone said it's not near as good as the RX. However, I use Natpro and as I indicated, my 20 to 30 mg increase certainly did something judging by my symptoms. I use Natpro from www.progeteronetherapy.com. It's the the hightest concentration I have found with the least amount of chemicals.
    Last edited by kkcarlton; 03-11-2012 at 09:06 AM.

kathylu is offline Member
    I think I may already have the answer to this question, but here goes! I am still waiting on the results of my steroid hormone panel (tomorrow hopefully). I know my cortisol is way high and I expect my sex hormones to be in the crapper. I am wondering if I should do BHRT first, then CT or just do CT then retest to see if that's all that is needed to rebalance my hormones. Thoughts?

NotOptimalYet is offline Member

Now, back to the topic:

I have been successfully using Emerita Pro Gest Cream Paraben Free from Amazon for over a year. My reset test showed that my 20mg douse a day gave me optimal levels.

NotOptimalYet is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kkcarlton View Post
    Hi,

You have to go to your profile and add it as a signature. If you need more detailed instructions let me know. It didn't seem all that intuitive to me on this forum.

~k
    That is where I originally went but could not see it. I just tried again and it is not there. Maybe it is no longer an option.