Page 2132 of 2187 FirstFirst ... 113216322032208221222130213121322133213421422182 ... LastLast
Results 21,311 to 21,320 of 21865

Thread: Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page 2132

DigitalSurgeon is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Shijin13 View Post
    no. Breakfast shouldn't be missed... if you want to IF eat breakfast - then IF until the next breakfast. The only time Dr K skips breakfast is when he's doing a 24hr IF - which he doesn't do very often... but he will do bkfst and IF til the next day...
    with CT you can miss breakfast because hunger is demolished.

L8F
    L8F is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by natural_girl View Post

L8F Could you please give me the title to Uzzi Reiss book you are referring to? Sorry, I know it has been mentioned before but I never wrote it down. Going to order it and hopefully understand this hormone thing a bit better.
    It is:
    Natural Hormone Balance for Women, Uzzi Reiss, M.D.
    He has a newer one called Superwoman something that is essentially a very slightly updated version with a lot of focus on proper diet, with details. I of course am not in need of proper diet recs, so I found this updated version less ideal. He has a FEW updates on hormones, but not that different, nothing major. All the talk of being a "superwoman" annoyed me. So I prefer the original book, but take your pick, both good info.
    Started Whole30 December 31, 2011
    Integrated Leptin Reset/Jack Kruse plan Jan 13, 2012
    Starting Weight: 174.8
    CW:160.0 lbs

Kid-A is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSurgeon View Post
    Thanks Jack, that's made my day.

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by colleencoble View Post
    I've never tried kevita but I'm sure addicted to kombucha now. When I get home, I'm going to try your recipe. Have you ever added other things to it? I'm particularly fond of the Trilogy flavor. it's got a bit of raspberry juice, lemon juice and ginger in it. Must not be much though because the carbs and calories are low per serving. 2 servings per bottle, 30 calories and 7 grams of carbs.
    I've added fruits, but my very favorite is ginger. I just cut some off a knob, cut it up coarsely, and drop it in a bottle (usually re-purposed, like an old Apollinaris bottle), fill with kombucha, put the lid on, and leave on the counter for two days. The secondary fermentation makes it bubbly, yum!

Quote Originally Posted by itsybitsy View Post
    You have so many practical insights on fermentation and food.
    Would you think about it?
    Thank you for the kind thoughts. I'll think about it when my energy is granted back to me. Until then, I'll muddle through every day just trying to get the kids fed and educated, lol.

You just love to drop these bombs on us, don't you? But my questions:

1) Do you mean you can drop the breakfast (if desired) *after* CT has done its magic (reversal of disease, leptin resistance, obesity, etc.)? Or do you mean you can drop it as soon as you start the CT (so long as you're doing it regularly - I would imagine that someone who is doing ice packs every other day and nothing else might be foolish to try to drop breakfast)?

2) Why do you still eat yours? B/c you don't care to drop it? B/c you're working on something else?

I don't see myself ever wanting to skip breakfast again, but being glad to be able to do it if I need to.
    Last edited by MamaGrok; 03-11-2012 at 07:34 AM.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

kkcarlton is offline Senior Member
    I am intersted in the answers to MamaGrok's questions as well. I am definitely not LS yet but eating causes pretty uncomfortable abdominal distention for me. So since doing the LR I pretty much feel uncomfortable all day. If I could go back to skipping breakfast that would be nice but I don't want to skip breakfast if it will slow down progress/healing.
    Started Atkins:: 1996
    Started Paleo: 2003
    Illness Started: 2008
    Started Leptin Reset: 01.10.2012
    Thighs Starting Size: 54.8 cm
    Thighs Goal Size: 53.5 cm
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread46986.html

kkcarlton is offline Senior Member
    I have another question. On 2/15 I increased progesterone cream from 20 mg a night to roughly 40 to 50 mg a night. On 2/25 I started getting breast tenderness and it still has not gone away. I have read that progesterone cream, when you first use it or when you increase it, will re-activate estrogen receptors and can cause estrogen dominance symptoms in the beginning. However, isn't 16 days of breast tenderness kind of long? Or could there be something else going on?

Thanks!!

Kid-A is offline Junior Member
    Seeing that i can now miss breakfast- I am going to follow lean gains where i train in the gym at 5pm and then eat my first meal, but just protein and lots of fat and then CT right after that. Fits me like a glove!!! I'm excited, start this tonight!!!!

NotOptimalYet is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kkcarlton View Post
    I have another question. On 2/15 I increased progesterone cream from 20 mg a night to roughly 40 to 50 mg a night. On 2/25 I started getting breast tenderness and it still has not gone away. I have read that progesterone cream, when you first use it or when you increase it, will re-activate estrogen receptors and can cause estrogen dominance symptoms in the beginning. However, isn't 16 days of breast tenderness kind of long? Or could there be something else going on?

Thanks!!
    For a few weeks on the progesterone I felt worse, then I started to feel much better. I was able to put up with that since I was told to expect that. Now, I have no bad reaction ever. Unfortunately, my estrogen become non existent as well so I have to supplement that now as well. I already see a positive sign with my FBS dropping. I hope that my weight will drop next. I would like to go from 147 lbs to 130 lbs.

NotOptimalYet is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kkcarlton View Post

Thanks!!
    kkcarlton, could you please let me know how do you create your info following your every post?

natural_girl is offline Senior Member
    This explains why I can barely eat the breakfast I used to eat 3-4 weeks ago.