Page 2129 of 2187 FirstFirst ... 112916292029207921192127212821292130213121392179 ... LastLast
Results 21,281 to 21,290 of 21866

Thread: Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page 2129

colleencoble is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    MamaGrok, that is fabulous to see the change!

I've never tried kevita but I'm sure addicted to kombucha now. When I get home, I'm going to try your recipe. Have you ever added other things to it? I'm particularly fond of the Trilogy flavor. it's got a bit of raspberry juice, lemon juice and ginger in it. Must not be much though because the carbs and calories are low per serving. 2 servings per bottle, 30 calories and 7 grams of carbs.

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    Going through some old posts of mine... what changes...

So glad I was wrong.

Ever wonder where my "expect the weird" motto comes from?

This really hit me. Jut before this thread started, I had posted a desperate plea for help with the sugar addiction, and got pages and pages of co-sufferers and suggestions for help. Many of them centered around ways to eliminate sugar 100% from my diet forever, and fruit, too, and maybe honey/nuts/sweetpotatoes, all forever, because they're triggers. I felt in my gut, always, that there would be a way to eliminate the cravings, that they didn't have to be with me, that I didn't have to fight them forever, that there had to be some way to make them shut up.

Thank you, Dr. Kruse.
    awesome success... you've come a long way!!
    The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
    What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

Converted to PB November 2010
    SW 190lb
    Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
    25 Sep 2011 160lbs
    1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
    GW ~135lbs
    5'3"
    Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html

thaijinx is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwilauren View Post
    Dr K has addressed your questions (because others have the same ones and the same concerns) many times I think. The basic protocol (start with face dunks in ice cold water, move to ice packs/bags on body, then to cold baths and ice) is outlined in the first CT blog post. All the practical step by step info is there. In the Q's on his blog post, he's talked about people who live where it's warm.
    Thanks kiwilauren, but it's no there. For anyone else looking for the CT protocol, it is not easy to find (if that's what you're specifically looking for, as opposed to being a regular reader of Dr. K's blog.)

It it is NOT outlined in the first CT blog post 9which you'd think it would be). I know cause I searched high and low for it. I went through all 6 of the thermogenisis blogs and the instructions of what to do were never outlined. In fact, MamaGrok is right, it is on the 'Evolution of LEPTIN rx' blog. (Thanks for that MamaGrok)

Read the "Evolution of the leptin rx" blog. He gives practical steps for cold adaptation, and answers people who ask about doing CT in the tropics.
    I still haven't found any comments on doing CT in the tropics, because, like this thread, there's just so much to wade through... but I've been taking cold showers for 2 days now (I bought a small kitchen timer, and I'm going to build up longer and longer each day). Given the climate anyway, I don't think I'll ever really be able to get FREEZING, like in winter, but imy shower definitely is chilly.

In just two days I've noticed how much warmer I am throughout the day! Phew! As though living in Asia wasn't hot enough already, I'm now sweating even more!

kiwilauren is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thaijinx View Post
    Thanks kiwilauren, but it's no there. For anyone else looking for the CT protocol, it is not easy to find (if that's what you're specifically looking for, as opposed to being a regular reader of Dr. K's blog.)
    You are right, it's hard to find! Here is the link: THE COLD THERMOGENESIS PROTOCOL - Jack Kruse
    It outlines the protocol. And I think it's in those comments where he talks about living in warm. I also think it's in the comments of CT 6. If I find it again I'll put the link for you. (I know he's specifically talked about people living in warm parts of the US where there is no real winter... he suggests AC and lots of ice! Good luck!

kiwilauren is offline Member
    Going through some old posts of mine... what changes...

So glad I was wrong.

Ever wonder where my "expect the weird" motto comes from?

This really hit me. Jut before this thread started, I had posted a desperate plea for help with the sugar addiction, and got pages and pages of co-sufferers and suggestions for help. Many of them centered around ways to eliminate sugar 100% from my diet forever, and fruit, too, and maybe honey/nuts/sweetpotatoes, all forever, because they're triggers. I felt in my gut, always, that there would be a way to eliminate the cravings, that they didn't have to be with me, that I didn't have to fight them forever, that there had to be some way to make them shut up.

Thank you, Dr. Kruse.
    Great perspective! And helpful for me to see and celebrate the successes of others. Well done you!

tiki333 is offline Member
    Today reading the ct6 blog comments I noticed that Dr. K said he changed the title of the Evolution of Leptin RX blog to Cold Thermogenesis Protocol so that it's much easier to find when you search. Looks like the title in the url still has the old title of the page though.

THE COLD THERMOGENESIS PROTOCOL - Jack Kruse

Croak is offline Senior Member
    Thaiguy, while I sympathize, keep in mind that Doctor K isn't in the tropics, and much of this is based on his n=1 hacking on himself and his local patients, all in the same temperate climate. This stuff is evolving, once YOU figure out how it works for you, then you can share it and make it easy for the next person.

That said, he's made it pretty clear that you can get (sloooooooowly) cold adapted if you can just lower your skin temp one degree. Lower=better/faster and you should have the means...last time I was in Thailand, I seem to recall it had, well, a LOT of water. Swim.

thaijinx is offline Senior Member
    I'm nowhere near the ocean Croak, and my swimming pool is more chlorine than water! (It's on my complex, not mine, so I can't control that). I'm trying to do the iodine protocol, so kinda defeats the object if I'm exposing myself to so much chlorine!

One method I have for cooling off is to wet a sarong and then wrap it around myself, while sitting directly in the air-con. It's not FREEZING, neither is my shower water, but it certainly cools me down, especailly if I combine it with those blue ice packs too. I can do that whilst watching tv.

kkcarlton is offline Senior Member
    Morning!

I am up another 2 lbs this morning. I have now gained roughly 12 lbs since end of December and 2.7 cm in my thighs. Talked to my Lyme doc on Wednesday who thinks parasites are still an issue and they as well as possibly yeast are affecting my metabolism. I noticed Dr. K replied to someone on his blog who was asking if parasites could be an issue if LR and CT are not working. He said yes, also candida and that leaky gut is a tough one. So I am wondering if that's what's going on because I have been gaining roughly 2 lbs a week the last 3 weeks. No change in diet or exercise and never more than 20 grams of carbs in the form of veggies.

My doc is putting me on Biltricide (second time) then Ivermectin, Pyrantel pamoate, Albenza, and Alinia in that order. Wonder how that's going to make me feel and sure hope this will knock out whatever is going on in my gut.

I was also thinking about a functional deficiency as in toxins from bugs blocking thyroid receptors so thyroid hormones don't get to the cells where they need to go.

Thoughts?

~k
    Started Atkins:: 1996
    Started Paleo: 2003
    Illness Started: 2008
    Started Leptin Reset: 01.10.2012
    Thighs Starting Size: 54.8 cm
    Thighs Goal Size: 53.5 cm
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread46986.html

BJK77 is offline Junior Member
    Anyone else having trouble getting on Dr. K's blog? Want to make sure it's not just me.