Page 2125 of 2187 FirstFirst ... 112516252025207521152123212421252126212721352175 ... LastLast
Results 21,241 to 21,250 of 21866

Thread: Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page 2125

L8F
    L8F is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by kkcarlton View Post
    I get a little uncomfortable, too, due to position. I have one of those bathtub shelf thingies and sometimes read. Or I sit cross legged, turn sideways, hold my Droid over the edge away from the water and play Words with Friends or read emails. It's still not comfortable but passes the time.
    I never cared about hotels offering "deep soaking tubs" but now I can really see the advantages. Also thinking that a freestanding tub where there is no wall blocking an arm from hanging over is ideal. I guess once I am smaller in girth, that more of me will be submerged!! Belly sometimes sticks out unless I contort. Don't always have time to run downstairs to the store and buy ice--sometimes I just get in so the motivation window doesn't pass.
    I guess I need to get back into words with friends! Maybe a bathtub pillow thing would be nice, who knows.

Oh, for the guy who was worried about metal tub, I think it was here and not on the blog, metal tub is okay, it won't get too cold, and your body will warm it up a lot too. Mine is metal and is never cold enough to burn.
    Started Whole30 December 31, 2011
    Integrated Leptin Reset/Jack Kruse plan Jan 13, 2012
    Starting Weight: 174.8
    CW:160.0 lbs

kkcarlton is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by L8F View Post
    I never cared about hotels offering "deep soaking tubs" but now I can really see the advantages. Also thinking that a freestanding tub where there is no wall blocking an arm from hanging over is ideal. I guess once I am smaller in girth, that more of me will be submerged!! Belly sometimes sticks out unless I contort. Don't always have time to run downstairs to the store and buy ice--sometimes I just get in so the motivation window doesn't pass.
    I guess I need to get back into words with friends! Maybe a bathtub pillow thing would be nice, who knows.

Oh, for the guy who was worried about metal tub, I think it was here and not on the blog, metal tub is okay, it won't get too cold, and your body will warm it up a lot too. Mine is metal and is never cold enough to burn.
    I am kkcarlton on FB if you want to play some WwF. I am always up for a game especially in the tub.
    Started Atkins:: 1996
    Started Paleo: 2003
    Illness Started: 2008
    Started Leptin Reset: 01.10.2012
    Thighs Starting Size: 54.8 cm
    Thighs Goal Size: 53.5 cm
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread46986.html

Huck is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by piano-doctor-lady View Post
    If your fingers and toes get white and numb, I'd put on warm clothes, and then soak your hands and feet in water at about 70 degrees F. Then add warmer water once they are used to that.
    For me, 70 degrees is an ice bath. I don't know why, but 68 degrees is the coldest I've been able to go so far.
    63 yo male
    Started reset Nov, 2011
    SW: 291
    CW: 230

NotOptimalYet is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Huck View Post
    For me, 70 degrees is an ice bath. I don't know why, but 68 degrees is the coldest I've been able to go so far.
    I am doing bath at 68 degrees too. Then I follow with face dunks and arms in the sink at 57 degrees. I think it is important to go at your pace. Your body will tell you if you are acclimating or not. I used to take very hot baths and thought that I could not live without them! So this is a huge progress for me.

Owl
    Owl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by L8F View Post
    I never cared about hotels offering "deep soaking tubs" but now I can really see the advantages. Also thinking that a freestanding tub where there is no wall blocking an arm from hanging over is ideal. I guess once I am smaller in girth, that more of me will be submerged!! Belly sometimes sticks out unless I contort.
    This will let you fill your tub a little higher: Deep Water Bath Overflow Drain Cover: Amazon.com: Home Improvement

Huck is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NotOptimalYet View Post
    I am doing bath at 68 degrees too. Then I follow with face dunks and arms in the sink at 57 degrees. I think it is important to go at your pace. Your body will tell you if you are acclimating or not. I used to take very hot baths and thought that I could not live without them! So this is a huge progress for me.
    Same here. For the last year, I have been doing 3 hot, epson salt baths a week to get rid of toxins. Guess we are both hot acclimated.
    63 yo male
    Started reset Nov, 2011
    SW: 291
    CW: 230

NotOptimalYet is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Huck View Post
    Same here. For the last year, I have been doing 3 hot, epson salt baths a week to get rid of toxins. Guess we are both hot acclimated.
    I think most of the civilized humanity is ! At least we started the process, I am sure we'll get there!

L8F
    L8F is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    This will let you fill your tub a little higher: Deep Water Bath Overflow Drain Cover: Amazon.com: Home Improvement
    I LOVE this thing!!! I have one and it works well, BUT my tub is still too shallow! New green building, just built. Conservation in mind with the small shallow tubs (previously hated baths, so never thought about this issue). If we extend our lease for a few more years, I might just have to see about some modifications and/or a portable japanese shaped tub. The bathroom is strangely large enough to put one in...Maybe an ice maker in the meantime.
    Started Whole30 December 31, 2011
    Integrated Leptin Reset/Jack Kruse plan Jan 13, 2012
    Starting Weight: 174.8
    CW:160.0 lbs

WeAreDevo is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maile1 View Post
    just a quick note on the Lindt for the gluten intolerant. Lindt uses barley malt as it's sugar and confirms that all chocolate below 72% has gluten and will NOT confirm if the dark chocolate above 72% does not have gluten. as the all chocolate types are run on the same lines many, many celiacs have been bitten in the ass from this.
    I have major issues with gluten and I cannot tolerate Lindt. If I eat chocolate I have to get something that specifically indicates that it is gluten free, dairy free and soy free. Needless to say that is a challenge! The best one I have found in my local market is by Alter Ecco - Blackout Dark Chocolate 85%.

Shop for ALTER ECO | Dark Blackout 85% Chocolate - Organic | ALTER ECO Dark Blackout Chocolate is intense and powerfully pleasing. With 85% cocoa, just one bite is enough to knock the socks off even the most impassioned chocoholics. It is also strong

WeAreDevo is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kkcarlton View Post
    For those of you making your own Kombucha, did you grow your own or did you buy a scoby somewhere?
    I bought a SCOBY from Cultures for Health. It did not fare very well one the counter in my cold, old drafty house this winter. So I bought a small electric seed starting mat from the garden center and I either set the brew jar on top of the mat or I loosely wrap the mat around the jar. Now my kombucha is doing great - tons of little beasties and no residual sugar - tastes a lot like ACV.

If I were you I would get the seed mat and try again with another bottle from the market. I bought some "High Country Wild Root Kombucha" (who comes up with these names?) and started a nice culture with that. I tried that one because the bottles had little baby cultures visibly growing in the bottle.