Page 2124 of 2187 FirstFirst ... 112416242024207421142122212321242125212621342174 ... LastLast
Results 21,231 to 21,240 of 21866

Thread: Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page 2124

kkcarlton is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by souldanzer View Post
    Thanks for this. I've been using Lindt 90% and higher - I thought I was reacting to the stimulant in chocolate. Tonight I'm having 100% Giradelli and I'm perfectly fine.... and I knew I can't have barley malt.

@kk: maybe that's where you got glutened?
    Possibly when I fell off the wagon and had a bite of DH's SF chocolate you mean? Otherwise I can't remember the last time I had chocolate and that was after the saliva test.
    Started Atkins:: 1996
    Started Paleo: 2003
    Illness Started: 2008
    Started Leptin Reset: 01.10.2012
    Thighs Starting Size: 54.8 cm
    Thighs Goal Size: 53.5 cm
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread46986.html

souldanzer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kkcarlton View Post
    Possibly when I fell off the wagon and had a bite of DH's SF chocolate you mean? Otherwise I can't remember the last time I had chocolate and that was after the saliva test.
    Sorry, can't keep track of who eats chocolate and who doesn't Just remembered that you couldn't figure out why your test came back positive...

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shijin13 View Post
    I would do candles if it wasnt for the 64Lb lab Miller(aka mr wiggles) who MUST BE IN THE BATHROOM WITH ME ANY TIME I AM there. Dog has to poke his head into the shower while I'm in it! He lab-leans into me while in the toilet, and since the doors in our post war house don't latch, closing them doesn't work.

Time to regroup. Blue blocker glasses, and faux candles (battery operated???)

Weird experience w/the CT bath my toes are warm even though they are submerged. I m also bright pink too from my belly button down.

Might be mean for your dog, but why don't you buy a sliding latch at the hardware store and install it on the door?

Or, not being mean to your dog, you could mount a metal sconce on the wall, higher than Mr. Wiggles can wiggle, and put the candle in that?

AmieSue is offline Senior Member
    Ok, did CT in the pool again tonight. 30 minutes, 49 degrees up to my waist. Plus, I did 2/60 minutes ice packs around my complete middle throughout the day.

Am I getting the same benefit from CT as those of you who sit in the tub with more of your back submerged? Sorry if this has been addressed before.
    Amie Sue...

Quote Originally Posted by kiwilauren View Post
    When Dr K was on Sean's show tonight, he said that when he was beginning CT he did 2-4 hours in the tub with ice every day. Do you all have the impression that we'd get better and faster results if we pushed for these longer times? I realise that we can get there slower and with higher temps eventually, but I'm also trying to figure out how to gauge how much to push ahead and where the benefit ratios are. Any ideas?
    I think it depends on two things: (1) what condition are you in? What age are you? Do you have a lot of detox to do? And, (2) do you have such a fire in your belly that you don't give a damn if you feel sick as a dog if you're going the right way faster?

Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post

If the whiteness comes after getting out again, remember Dr. Kruse's advice to warm slowly stops applying - I mean, you don't want to plunge into a boiling bath, but do put on warm clothes, get in a warm room, maybe near a warm stove, etc. Warm up.

If your fingers and toes get white and numb, I'd put on warm clothes, and then soak your hands and feet in water at about 70 degrees F. Then add warmer water once they are used to that.

NataliaJade is offline Junior Member
    Does anyone know where we can get telomere testing in Australia??
    GAPS diet for 2 years/Low Oxalate for 6 months. iherb code- GEC562

"The farther your researches advance, the greater you will realize the simplicity of all creation."- Dr. Edward Bach

L8F
    L8F is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSurgeon View Post
    i just did a minimally invasive fusion on a bipolar patient i used CT on this week.......she is my first true bipolar surgery CT patient..........should be interesting. She fought it night one and then next day she would not give cooling blanket back......she is loving it as she heads home today. Should be interesting F/U.
    Pls keep me posted! Thanks
    Started Whole30 December 31, 2011
    Integrated Leptin Reset/Jack Kruse plan Jan 13, 2012
    Starting Weight: 174.8
    CW:160.0 lbs

L8F
    L8F is offline Senior Member
    Was avoiding the bath last night...so decided to go back a little rather than filling it and jumping in. Went back to sitting in empty tub, and filling as I "relaxed" with some good music and candles on the windowsill (have curious dog issue as well). It was way easier for me to take even though it took an annoyingly long time to fill the tub on the trickle that I need to get the coldest tap water. Told myself that at 60 degrees out of the tap these days, that is cold enough to get me going. Once I was in up past thighs, and it wasn't that bad, I had husband (he loves this part) get the ice maker tray out of freezer and dump it in. He finds this fun. Dog is very much into running water, and I have to keep her away from the bathwater cause it has mag salts in it, and don't want her getting the runs!! Either way, the music helped cause if Ican't read I get a little bored. Hard for me to really relax due to position, and trying to keep hands out. Need to start cold training my hands cause this is a big pain having them not cold adapted. Feet too. Maybe I will do it separately, would this work? warmer body in clothes, hands in some cold water???
    Started Whole30 December 31, 2011
    Integrated Leptin Reset/Jack Kruse plan Jan 13, 2012
    Starting Weight: 174.8
    CW:160.0 lbs

kkcarlton is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by souldanzer View Post
    Sorry, can't keep track of who eats chocolate and who doesn't Just remembered that you couldn't figure out why your test came back positive...
    Oh I know....I certainly can't either. I am glad you pointed it out.

Quote Originally Posted by L8F View Post
    Was avoiding the bath last night...so decided to go back a little rather than filling it and jumping in. Went back to sitting in empty tub, and filling as I "relaxed" with some good music and candles on the windowsill (have curious dog issue as well). It was way easier for me to take even though it took an annoyingly long time to fill the tub on the trickle that I need to get the coldest tap water. Told myself that at 60 degrees out of the tap these days, that is cold enough to get me going. Once I was in up past thighs, and it wasn't that bad, I had husband (he loves this part) get the ice maker tray out of freezer and dump it in. He finds this fun. Dog is very much into running water, and I have to keep her away from the bathwater cause it has mag salts in it, and don't want her getting the runs!! Either way, the music helped cause if Ican't read I get a little bored. Hard for me to really relax due to position, and trying to keep hands out. Need to start cold training my hands cause this is a big pain having them not cold adapted. Feet too. Maybe I will do it separately, would this work? warmer body in clothes, hands in some cold water???
    I get a little uncomfortable, too, due to position. I have one of those bathtub shelf thingies and sometimes read. Or I sit cross legged, turn sideways, hold my Droid over the edge away from the water and play Words with Friends or read emails. It's still not comfortable but passes the time.
    Started Atkins:: 1996
    Started Paleo: 2003
    Illness Started: 2008
    Started Leptin Reset: 01.10.2012
    Thighs Starting Size: 54.8 cm
    Thighs Goal Size: 53.5 cm
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread46986.html