Page 2086 of 2187 FirstFirst ... 1086158619862036207620842085208620872088209621362186 ... LastLast
Results 20,851 to 20,860 of 21865

Thread: Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page 2086

colleencoble is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    MamaGrok, we hcgers get the benefit of losing weight and resetting our hypothalamus. Doc says it doesn't fix it all the way but it sure did miracles for many of us, including me!

DigitalSurgeon is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwilauren View Post
    I have this new understanding that when Dr K doesn't answer a question I've asked, it's a way of saying 'Think for yourself!' and also a bit of a vote of confidence (saying, you can figure this out!). I'm learning to push myself to do that instead of waiting to be told.
    correct.

DigitalSurgeon is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by colleencoble View Post
    MamaGrok, we hcgers get the benefit of losing weight and resetting our hypothalamus. Doc says it doesn't fix it all the way but it sure did miracles for many of us, including me!
    but did it make you younger while doing it with out cold? I doubt it. CT rocks for that reason.

kkcarlton is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mama2Groklets View Post
    When CT is involved
    That's encouraging. Maybe I am gaining size because the LR/CT is building muscle and eventually the layer of fat on top will go away. One can hope.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    Ooo, thanks for the name! I totally have these, and they've come in the last 2-3 years, IIRC. I didn't know it had a name! I'm certain it means something.
    Seems somewhat common in people with chronic health issues.

Okay, results ...
    Low sIgA is meaningful; I remember reading that a lot of people get low anti-gliadin results simply b/c they're deficient in sIgA in general. Since I wasn't deficient, I didn't read much on it, but definitely something to look into. Your anti-gliadin sIgA is borderline positive, so it is almost certain that the reason it's not higher is b/c you're deficient in sIgA in general. You definitely have a wheat problem, but you probably already knew that!

Don't know what the AAC is.

Looks like we're in a similar boat - wheat issues, none of the dysbiosis we expected. Have you tried giving up FODMAPs? Of course, you had that incident where just broth made you bloated, so I don't know what's going on there at all.
    Yeah, my SiGA has been low for quite some time but it's not as low as it used to be so that's encouraging. I did talk to my doc today and she thinks part of the reason I gain weigh so easily is that yeast and or parasites are affecting my metabolism. Also the gallbladder issues...she thinks those are related to parasites and the distention and constant hunger. I had taken Biltricide 2 days, waited two weeks then took it again 2 days. Got quite a bit of die off (DH got none!). She wants me to take it again, then Ivermectin 14 days, Pyrantel pamoate 14 days, Albenza 28 days, and Alinia 20 days all one after another. Yikes! I have a feeling I will be experiencing some die off but I want those critters gone.

You know I was going to try FODMAPs and posted in your journal about it this morning, but yeah, even broth or just meat and fat made me swell up like a pregnant woman. I am not saying that fructose isn't an issue for me, but there is more to it than that.

On the gliadin, I must have gotten glutened somehow otherwise the test doesn't work from what I understand. I am guessing that I got some gluten on the cruise last year or at a restaurant in spices. It's so hard to avoid.
    Started Atkins:: 1996
    Started Paleo: 2003
    Illness Started: 2008
    Started Leptin Reset: 01.10.2012
    Thighs Starting Size: 54.8 cm
    Thighs Goal Size: 53.5 cm
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread46986.html

hazyjane is offline Senior Member

Yep, already been through the come-to-Jesus moment with that one. I don't love the idea of my organ being systematically destroyed, so hoping the cold is doing its job STAT!

I do still wonder whether hyper makes sense out of those days, though - I'm not manic, just the way I used to be. Not shaky or bouncy, just ... the way I used to be.

It was hard for me to come to terms that I had an autoimmune disease, but I just want to reassure you that you can balance your immune system so that it stops attacking your thyroid and there is a chance that you can get your thyroid working well enough to not need meds, though some people def. do. It depends how much damage there is.

I never had the major hyper swings that many have- I think they were more just mild ones- like a hard time falling asleep with a thumpy heartbeat. Never major shaky or wired... everyone is so unique in how they react. I also never had the swelling/puffiness or the pain that many have (though I did have some generalized achiness on and off for years).

My pattern is more subtle. I think that's why I responded well to the immune modulation and have done pretty well w/o meds thus far- because I didn't have the massive cytokine storms bombarding my thyroid tissue. I think my immune system was so chronically depressed that it was a good thing in that respect- it kept me out of the major swings.

souldanzer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwilauren View Post
    I have this new understanding that when Dr K doesn't answer a question I've asked, it's a way of saying 'Think for yourself!' and also a bit of a vote of confidence (saying, you can figure this out!). I'm learning to push myself to do that instead of waiting to be told.
    If your child has trouble with school homework, you don't just do the homework for him/her.

Instead, you give little bits and pieces of support, so the child can learn the process and how to figure things out on her own.

Sense of achievement included at the end

RBee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RBee View Post
    Got my labs back and am waiting for my last test for cortisol to be returned. I am doing the CT, alternating daily with tub and ice packs. Looks like I will have my butt in the tub everyday, twice a day to see if I can salvage my thyroid. Looks like it is being nuked by antibodies right now. Question--should my next step be trying to get BHRT or work on what I think may be Adrenal stress? I am already working on leaky gut.

Hysterectomy: October 2005 removal of uterus, cervix and one ovary Currently on NO HRT

Thyroid Meds: Armour 60mg (Diagnosed hypothyroid Sept 2009)

Blood Lipids (TAKEN 2/18/12):

Glucose 91 (Range 70-100 MG/DL)
    TRIG 57 (Range 30-149 MG/DL)
    TTL CHOL 327 (HIGH) (Range 0-199MG/DL)
    HDL 88 (Range >40 MG/DL)
    LDL 228 (HIGH) (Range 0-129 MG/DL)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    THYROID (TAKEN 2/14/12)
    TSH 0.66
    T-3 33 (Range 30-39)
    T-4 7.0 (Range 4.8-13.9)

FSH 105.1 (Range 23-116)
    LH 36.6
    ------------------------------------------------
    LabCorp TAKEN 2/27/12:

R-T3 33.9 ng/dL (Reference Range 13.5-34.2)

Anti-thyroglobulin Antibodies 218 IU/mL (Reference Range <2.0 Neg/>2.0 Pos)

Anti-Thyroid Peroxidase Ab 1653 IU/mL HIGH (Reference Range <9.0)

Pregnenolone, MS 24 ng/dL (Reference Range Adults <151)

DHEA-Sulfate 25.9 ug/dL (Reference Range 18.9-205.0)

Estradiol <5.1 pg/mL (Reference Range-Post Menopausal <6.0-54.7)

Estradiol Sensative <3 pg/mL (Reference Range Untreated 0-19)

Testosterone, Free, Direct <0.2 pg/mL (Range 0.0-2.2)

Progesterone <0.1 ng/mL (Reference Range Post menopausal 0.1-0.8)

SHBG Serum 130.2 nmol/L (HIGH) (Reference 17.3-125.0)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Diurnal Cortisol--waiting on results
    Thank you for looking,
    Rita
    Going to repost my labs in case Jan or Connie want to take a gander at my outstanding results. Not...lol
    My husband is freaked out about my Lipid panel. I think he thinks I am going to drop from a massive HA any moment. But I am curious as to why my LDL is so high? Is this pregnenolone steal? Or just the result of my crap thyroid? I am happy with my HDL and Trigs, but hope to get them improved along with my FBG.
    Also, I am not sure what to ask for when I go to my GYN as far as BHR's.
    Anyone, Beuller?
    Rita
    55 yrs -5'4"
    Began Primal Diet along w/ Leptin Reset Jan 2, 2012
    Starting Weight: 170 (lost 8#'s first week of Leptin Reset)
    CW:148 lbs,
    Started Hcg 3/12/12 at weight of 162.0
    GW: 135 lbs
    Goal-to feel energetic again. I want to keep up with my 22month old grand daughter!
    Working to Gain Optimal Health by adjusting hormones, healing gut and incorporating CT along w/wt loss.
    My Primal/Leptin/CT/Hcg Journey Thread on MDA

RBee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hazyjane View Post
    I don't bother with a multi. My regimen looks pretty similar to yours I think as long as you're eating liver on a regular basis, you're good.
    Apex Oxicell glutathione cream is what you want (you can even put some on your thyroid). You can get it online from several vendors. You might not need the NAC if you use the cream (one less thing, right?) If you are taking NAC, take it with vit. C for the best results.
    Noted, thank you
    55 yrs -5'4"
    Began Primal Diet along w/ Leptin Reset Jan 2, 2012
    Starting Weight: 170 (lost 8#'s first week of Leptin Reset)
    CW:148 lbs,
    Started Hcg 3/12/12 at weight of 162.0
    GW: 135 lbs
    Goal-to feel energetic again. I want to keep up with my 22month old grand daughter!
    Working to Gain Optimal Health by adjusting hormones, healing gut and incorporating CT along w/wt loss.
    My Primal/Leptin/CT/Hcg Journey Thread on MDA

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mistigi View Post
    To step it up a bit I bough 4 gallon plastic containers that I put water in and freeze it in my freezer. They way around 33lbs frozen. Last two days, after 30 minutes of CT I drop this huge ice cube into my tub and sit for another 30 minutes. It brings water temperature down to 44F. It makes a huge difference - much more challenging than 55F. My skin is really cherry pink with this much colder temperature.
    Great idea; I'm sure I'll need this as it's already pretty warm here in Atlanta!

Quote Originally Posted by mumone View Post
    so have I got this right

eat fat and protien (Primal style) no carb
    have a bath for 1 hour @ 12 degrees C every day
    Not exactly "no carb". Dr. Kruse has been asked about being crazy about finding carbs in liver, avocado, collards, lemons, coconuts, and has made it pretty clear we don't have to be "no carb," just ketogenic, and he says that's individual and will just require individual testing to see.

So, for sure your rT3 could be better, and it could be worse. Don't know about Estrogen without knowing what day of your cycle. Tri/HDL ratio is going the right direction. Iron & ferritin not so good. Cortisol & free T3 low to middling. Vit D in the right direction!

I don't know what high DHEA-S, lowish serotonin, or the last item mean.

Quote Originally Posted by RBee View Post
    TRIG 57 (Range 30-149 MG/DL)
    TTL CHOL 327 (HIGH) (Range 0-199MG/DL)
    HDL 88 (Range >40 MG/DL)
    LDL 228 (HIGH) (Range 0-129 MG/DL)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    R-T3 33.9 ng/dL (Reference Range 13.5-34.2)
    Anti-thyroglobulin Antibodies 218 IU/mL (Reference Range <2.0 Neg/>2.0 Pos)
    Anti-Thyroid Peroxidase Ab 1653 IU/mL HIGH (Reference Range <9.0)
    DHEA-Sulfate 25.9 ug/dL (Reference Range 18.9-205.0)

Estradiol <5.1 pg/mL (Reference Range-Post Menopausal <6.0-54.7)
    Progesterone <0.1 ng/mL (Reference Range Post menopausal 0.1-0.8)
    SHBG Serum 130.2 nmol/L (HIGH) (Reference 17.3-125.0)
    Cholesterol results GREAT! THyroid & sex hormones, not so great. (I'm brilliant, thank you, that will be $95.)

Quote Originally Posted by L8F View Post
    Also from all the reading I have done recently, most women are Est dom from early to mid thirties on as Progest production drops as we "age"
    Nicely fits for me about why I had none of these issues earlier in life, and as I entered my 30s, things went to pot endocrine-wise. Thyroid, sex hormones fatness
    I assume that's from the constant cycling? Wonder if that's why my estrogen is *not* so high?

Quote Originally Posted by piano-doctor-lady View Post
    Going into Kruse-relevance mode, I had a wake-up moment this morning, after reading about cold-adapted humans losing starch cravings --- well, of COURSE they do! In the middle of the winter, what starches could they lay their hands on? The ground would be frozen solid, so they couldn't even dig up tubers. The birdies would have eaten most of the seeds, and for a lot of human evolution they didn't have fire to cook the grains anyway. The fruit in the depth of winter would be a moldy dried-out mess if it hadn't already been eaten. Chasing carbs in the dead of winter would be a total waste of calories!

One thing I suspect: at 65 and 100 pounds overweight, I may have been unable to budge pounds because they are full of noxious substances and my liver is clogged and tired from a lifetime of too much work. So, before I "shred" much of that white fat and dispatch the fat cells to Nirvana (after all, they've only been doing a job I needed for them to do, they don't deserve Hell), I need to do everything possible to aid, support, and unclog my liver. Heavy duty silymarin with dandelion is in the mail. I'll make my sister's liver tea. I'll start using bitters. And I'll begin the cold thing with great deliberation, realizing that exposure to xenoestrogens, halides, mercury, DDT, and all the other detritus of 65 years in an over-civilized toxic milieu is nothing to take lightly. Cilantro, yes, cilantro as well. And lots of water, and what rest I can manage.
    Great post! Great lightbulb moment for me, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Freshveggies View Post
    So did you all get in the CT6 that if you are not obese, then back off the coconut oil? If you want to shred fat go with animal fats? I am really not that great of a cook. I usually eat the coconut oil off the spoon as well as the manna along with some meat or fish. How would I incorporate the fats into a meal? I am eating shrimp with butter today for lunch, but maybe I need to eat some butter off a spoon? Any thoughts? I see I need more fatty cuts of beef to accomplish this.
    I cook *every*thing in fat, even if it's fatty, too, lol. I loves me my tallow, bacon grease ,sausage grease, pernil grease, lamb fat, yumyumyum. I mostly saute things in fat in the pan, or toss them after grilling or roasting.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Paleobirdy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by piano-doctor-lady View Post
    Reading reading reading ....

I hear a slipping sound as paradigms rearrange themselves ....

You've outdone yourself, Doc, as you obviously realize.
    ha ha! I am hearing more like a giant crashing sound, but not a peep from the people who are crossfitting themselves to death. Are they busy reading or just regrouping??