Page 2085 of 2187 FirstFirst ... 1085158519852035207520832084208520862087209521352185 ... LastLast
Results 20,841 to 20,850 of 21866

Thread: Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page 2085

hazyjane is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Clabbergirl View Post
    Tell us more about the caster oil packs? Any particular amount to use and for how long each session?
    Yes, just check out the link that kiwilauren posted and you can google them, too. There's actually a lot of info on the web. earthclinic.com has a whole section devoted to castor oil

You can get the flannel and the oil from nearly any health food store and iherb.com also carries both. I'm having fun learning about castor oil- it supposedly helps stretchmarks and age spots!

RBee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hazyjane View Post
    Your regimen looks good to me- I'd ditch the Alive, but your B12 is fine (I'm on the same and I've been taking 2-3 daily for the short term to get my levels up. It's helping me fall asleep easier!) You may want to add a source of Vit. A/Retinol to balance your D intake (most Hashi's/hypo people don't convert beta carotene to retinol well). Since you're not eating eggs (which are a big source) you could either take fish liver oil Vit. A (or cod liver oil) or eat liver/take dessicated liver powder.

You could add glutathione cream (Oxicell) or NAC to help reduce inflammation and modulate the immune system.
    Thanks Hazyjane. I do eat liver a couple times a week mostly beef liver. This week it is chicken livers wrapped in bacon. Thats on dinner menu again tonight. That would do it for some Vit A?
    I do have some N Acetyl Cysteine 600 mg. Take 2/day? Will look into some glutathione cream. Anything transdermal for inflammation is what I am looking for with having digestive absorption issues.
    So in addition, I would still need a multi V?
    Thanks so much for your help.
    Rita
    55 yrs -5'4"
    Began Primal Diet along w/ Leptin Reset Jan 2, 2012
    Starting Weight: 170 (lost 8#'s first week of Leptin Reset)
    CW:148 lbs,
    Started Hcg 3/12/12 at weight of 162.0
    GW: 135 lbs
    Goal-to feel energetic again. I want to keep up with my 22month old grand daughter!
    Working to Gain Optimal Health by adjusting hormones, healing gut and incorporating CT along w/wt loss.
    My Primal/Leptin/CT/Hcg Journey Thread on MDA

souldanzer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshveggies View Post
    Clabbergirl. I ordered neoprene booties for my feet yesterday. I got the booties instead of socks just incase I want to wear them in the lake when the ice gets off.

anyone have a preference on either sockeye or coho? I have been eating sockeye, but and wondering if I might like coho?
    sockeye all the way

Mama2Groklets is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AmieSue View Post
    I know that we are not suppose to do any heavy exercising during LR... it seems to me I read in one of Dr. K's blog posts that he gained muscle while on LR and no exercising... is there truth to this? Is it possible?
    When CT is involved

hazyjane is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RBee View Post
    Thanks Hazyjane. I do eat liver a couple times a week mostly beef liver. This week it is chicken livers wrapped in bacon. Thats on dinner menu again tonight. That would do it for some Vit A?
    I do have some N Acetyl Cysteine 600 mg. Take 2/day? Will look into some glutathione cream. Anything transdermal for inflammation is what I am looking for with having digestive absorption issues.
    So in addition, I would still need a multi V?
    Thanks so much for your help.
    Rita
    I don't bother with a multi. My regimen looks pretty similar to yours I think as long as you're eating liver on a regular basis, you're good.
    Apex Oxicell glutathione cream is what you want (you can even put some on your thyroid). You can get it online from several vendors. You might not need the NAC if you use the cream (one less thing, right?) If you are taking NAC, take it with vit. C for the best results.

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by souldanzer View Post
    sockeye all the way
    steelhead when its in season is amazing...
    The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
    What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

Converted to PB November 2010
    SW 190lb
    Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
    25 Sep 2011 160lbs
    1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
    GW ~135lbs
    5'3"
    Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by colleencoble View Post
    Ironically, most of those patients do report feeling cold, too, on the HCG protocol. This is no mystery. It has to do with the activation of the cold receptors in the CNS/spinal cord by the HCG itself. The pathway does not activate fully because of the lack of action on the cold receptors of the skin. The brain is expecting the signal so it appears as a sensation to the women who use HCG from the unopposed spinal cord receptors in the CNS. HCG, in my opinion, is a partial agonist to this ancient pathway. My bet is if HCG was tested in a colder climates, in human adult, s it would be might be beneficial for weight loss because it would use leptin and alpha MSH as its tailwind hormones to induce more permanent fat burning while increasing TRH in the brain. In my opinion, using CT is a far better option, period.
    Oooo, HCGers get all the misery of feeling cold with none of the benefits. Ick!

Quote Originally Posted by L8F View Post
    Also, think that any level of anti TPO is meaningful...and could explain some of the windows of clarity followed by lethargic days that you have experienced--seems classic hypo to hyper swings from immune attack. (Book knowledge, coupled with what makes sense to me only)
    Yep, already been through the come-to-Jesus moment with that one. I don't love the idea of my organ being systematically destroyed, so hoping the cold is doing its job STAT!

I do still wonder whether hyper makes sense out of those days, though - I'm not manic, just the way I used to be. Not shaky or bouncy, just ... the way I used to be.

Thoughts are connecting really well, especially during and post cold-ing. (example: really "feeling" what things mean instead of thinking in words, repeating to myself, then eventually it halfway sinks in)
    I know just what you mean. This describes well the way I feel the last few years, vs. how I want to return to feeling!

SO, the ratio here would be: 14. I think that that is thought to be desirable in terms of RATIO, BUT...Prog is too low...so...
    Corrections from others? Agreement??
    How is that ratio calculated? I saw someone that prog/est should be 200-300, and of course, you have to make the units match. But I don't know if that's what we're looking for here.

Quote Originally Posted by kkcarlton View Post
    I was wondering if you guys could weigh in on my stool test results. I still suspect parasites although none showed up on this test. ...
    Also, any chance that white spots on the skin will be reversed with LR and CT? I don't think it's vitiligo. It looks more like Idiopathic Guttate Hypomelanosis or plain pigmentation to me.
    Ooo, thanks for the name! I totally have these, and they've come in the last 2-3 years, IIRC. I didn't know it had a name! I'm certain it means something.

Okay, results ...
    Low sIgA is meaningful; I remember reading that a lot of people get low anti-gliadin results simply b/c they're deficient in sIgA in general. Since I wasn't deficient, I didn't read much on it, but definitely something to look into. Your anti-gliadin sIgA is borderline positive, so it is almost certain that the reason it's not higher is b/c you're deficient in sIgA in general. You definitely have a wheat problem, but you probably already knew that!

Don't know what the AAC is.

Looks like we're in a similar boat - wheat issues, none of the dysbiosis we expected. Have you tried giving up FODMAPs? Of course, you had that incident where just broth made you bloated, so I don't know what's going on there at all.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

LSSeeker is offline Member
    I started the CT Sunday with the face dunking. I then progresed to the ice packs. I seemed to tolerate them well, so I jumped in the tub yesterday for about 20 min. I was glad for how long I was able to stand it. My appetite was definitely diminished yesterday. I slept really well last night, like really sound. Today I decided to lay down in the tub on my back with legs elevated. Yesterday I did the legs to up above the belly button. I had a really hard time today and was only able to be there for nine minutes before I hightailed it out of there. I was bummed. From what DK says, it's about consistency. I'm also wondering if it's more difficult to do the upper body/torso? If people are using the tub, how far are you letting the water go? I'm thinking about just sitting for now (even though my legs and bum don't need any shredding, LOL). And for the upper body I can do the ice packs instead. I really want this crap inside me gone (excess estrogen, omega 6's) and want my adrenals and thyroid humming( I know the CT bypasses these things).

kiwilauren is offline Member
    I have this new understanding that when Dr K doesn't answer a question I've asked, it's a way of saying 'Think for yourself!' and also a bit of a vote of confidence (saying, you can figure this out!). I'm learning to push myself to do that instead of waiting to be told.

kiwilauren is offline Member
    Calling all cooks.... I cannot source 99% chocolate in New Zealand (believe me I've tried). So I want to make my own. I have a great source for raw cocoa powder and can get cocoa nibs and whole raw cocoa beans, too. I can also get cocoa butter. But the ingredients in Lindt 99% chocolate say: chocolate, cocoa powder, cocoa butter and sugar. I am confused. What is chocolate if it's not cocoa powder and cocoa butter?????