Page 2084 of 2187 FirstFirst ... 1084158419842034207420822083208420852086209421342184 ... LastLast
Results 20,831 to 20,840 of 21866

Thread: Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page 2084

hazyjane is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by kkcarlton View Post
    I was wondering if you guys could weigh in on my stool test results. I still suspect parasites although none showed up on this test. Not sure how long it takes for DE to work on killing parasites. They are hard to find from what I understand especially on a cultured stool test like this but that's what my doc wanted to use. She said right now she doesn't want to do anything about the overgrowth of strep and that the slightly elevate alpha anti-chymortrypsin points to autoimmunity of the gut. Not sure exactly what that means but she said both of those could be the cause of the daily abdominal distention. Thoughts?
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzCW...EJiQ3Q3UQ/edit

Also, any chance that white spots on the skin will be reversed with LR and CT? I don't think it's vitiligo. It looks more like Idiopathic Guttate Hypomelanosis or plain pigmentation to me. It started around 2007 and is mostly on my legs from the knees down and I now have a few here and there on my upper arms, but less visible and not near as many as I do on my legs. It looks sort of like in the picture below (minus the hair).
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-o8Hk5fF0yu...es1%2Bcopy.jpg

Thanks!
    I wonder about those, too. I have a couple on my arms and I remember my paternal grandfather having them all over his shins. They're like reverse freckles. I think my mom may have a few on her arms, too. They're def. not vitiligo, but I've often wondered if there was some slight autoimmune component to them.

Clabbergirl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshveggies View Post
    CT 6 helped me do my cold bath for 1 hour today. I noticed that it was not any harder than 30 min. I just needed to keep occupied to stay that long and CT 6 was just what I needed. I got to half read and might save the other half for tomorrow. I noticed something interesting. It only took me one hour to recover instead of 2. I wonder if going longer is pushing me to adapt faster?
    One hour of shivering is better than 2. I am so ready to have the fat cells die for good. I can't believe the clear mind and energy it is giving me. Definetly can't do this in the PM yet, as I would be awake too long.
    I did the same thing, freshveggies. It wasn't any harder to stay for 55 min instead of 20-25 because I was occupied with something as engrossing as the CT 6 blog post. The only difference I noticed was that my toes were very cold afterward when I got out, making falling asleep a little difficult. I haven't had an energy surge after any CT bath, but I have had a warmth flash nearly each time, including last night. I am going to ramp up these baths to at least an hour and try to cover more skin surface, including the dreaded (gulp) upper back. Isn't it interesting what is happening to everyone?!

Freshveggies is offline Senior Member
    Clabbergirl. I ordered neoprene booties for my feet yesterday. I got the booties instead of socks just incase I want to wear them in the lake when the ice gets off.

anyone have a preference on either sockeye or coho? I have been eating sockeye, but and wondering if I might like coho?

Quote Originally Posted by Freshveggies View Post
    Clabbergirl. I ordered neoprene booties for my feet yesterday. I got the booties instead of socks just incase I want to wear them in the lake when the ice gets off.

anyone have a preference on either sockeye or coho? I have been eating sockeye, but and wondering if I might like coho?
    Great idea, freshveggies. I'm thinking about some sort of swim sock so that I can wade into the lake. It's not iced here so the only thing keeping me from it is fear.

I don't know anything about either fish so can't comment on that.

Quote Originally Posted by piano-doctor-lady View Post
    One thing I suspect: at 65 and 100 pounds overweight, I may have been unable to budge pounds because they are full of noxious substances and my liver is clogged and tired from a lifetime of too much work. So, before I "shred" much of that white fat and dispatch the fat cells to Nirvana (after all, they've only been doing a job I needed for them to do, they don't deserve Hell), I need to do everything possible to aid, support, and unclog my liver. Heavy duty silymarin with dandelion is in the mail. I'll make my sister's liver tea. I'll start using bitters. And I'll begin the cold thing with great deliberation, realizing that exposure to xenoestrogens, halides, mercury, DDT, and all the other detritus of 65 years in an over-civilized toxic milieu is nothing to take lightly. Cilantro, yes, cilantro as well. And lots of water, and what rest I can manage.
    I'd add castor oil packs to the mix. They're very detoxifying. I've started doing them and my liver area actually spasms when I have the pack on! Maybe it's my portal vein or bile duct... at any rate, I notice I sleep more deeply when I do a pack and they feel so soothing.
    You could help bring down your heavy metals and xenobiotics with HMD Heavy Metal Detox- it will cause you to excrete them through your kidneys, so it won't burden your liver further.

Quote Originally Posted by RBee View Post
    Thanks PattyCake. I'll up the selenium to 400mcg every other day. Not sure on the measurent for T-3. I got the lab results for thyroid over the phone. I'll have to make a trip to the office to get a copy.
    I take my Armour in the morning around 5 to 6 am when I get up to pee. Then go back to bed. So I should chew it?

Here are my current supplements.
    Vit D2 2000iu per drop--- 5 to 6 drops/day 10,000 to 12,000 a day
    Magnesium malate 430mg x 2 day (pm)
    Resveratrol Plus 300mg x2
    CoQ10 100 mg 1x
    Omega 3 Wild Salmon Oil 1000mg x2 day
    Vit E (alpha, beta, delta, gamma) 400iu 1x day
    Vit C Ascorbic Acid 1000mg 1 x day
    Selenium 100mcg 2 x day
    Kelp 330 mcg 1 x day (kelp thallus 66mcg) (I just started this last week..was taking selenium for a month first)

Natures Way Multi vitamin liquid 1 capful/day(am going to change this to a multivitamin pill--too much sugar and carbs

My B12 1 lozenge/day PM (is this too much B12 if I add the B Complex below?)

B Complex 1x day (was going to start this today)
    I also take a Betaine HC1 usually 1 or 2 a day with meals. Sometimes have so much acid reflux I just don't take them then.
    I take an Ultimate Flora 50 billion cultures caps 1x a day in morning before BAB
    Sometimes take a teasp of inulin which is a prebiotic.
    Everyday I eat fermented cabbage, pickles, kefired coconut milk. Most days I have bone broth for lunch since I am rarely hungry to eat. Don't eat eggs now, rarely eat dairy (sometimes some full fat WC in coffee, if I drink coffee which is about 2 or 3 x's a week) and maybe some pastured butter on meat or in bone broth.

Is there anything glaringly missing I should be taking.....or something that should not be taken?
    I'll be having to go for more blood work to renew my Armour Rx within 30 days, so will see what my GP says about upping the dosage. I'll take my labs with me and hope I can convince her. She goes by TSH which is why I feel like ca-ca to this day.
    Like I stated before, I will definitely up my CT to whole body in tub with ice blocks....everyday.
    Rita
    Your regimen looks good to me- I'd ditch the Alive, but your B12 is fine (I'm on the same and I've been taking 2-3 daily for the short term to get my levels up. It's helping me fall asleep easier!) You may want to add a source of Vit. A/Retinol to balance your D intake (most Hashi's/hypo people don't convert beta carotene to retinol well). Since you're not eating eggs (which are a big source) you could either take fish liver oil Vit. A (or cod liver oil) or eat liver/take dessicated liver powder.

You could add glutathione cream (Oxicell) or NAC to help reduce inflammation and modulate the immune system.

kiwilauren is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hazyjane View Post
    I'd add castor oil packs to the mix. They're very detoxifying. I've started doing them and my liver area actually spasms when I have the pack on! Maybe it's my portal vein or bile duct... at any rate, I notice I sleep more deeply when I do a pack and they feel so soothing.
    You could help bring down your heavy metals and xenobiotics with HMD Heavy Metal Detox- it will cause you to excrete them through your kidneys, so it won't burden your liver further.
    I took up the castor oil packs after Hazyjane told me about them - and I've found them very helpful, too. I feel nauseous immediately but then it subsides and I definitely sleep better (and the nightmares are gone). Hazy, can you say more about what you recommend for the HMD? I feel the same about the toxin dump as Piano Doctor Lady and still worry about LR at the liver level.

Quote Originally Posted by waywardsister View Post
    Been reading through this insane, beast of a thread! I am not sure if I am LR. Been low carb for 6+ years, primal for slightly less, but never was able to shed all of my excess body fat... and it took over 2 years to lose about 20-25lbs. Most of my fat accumulates in my midsection. Should mention I'm celiac, and had a lot of gut damage to deal with (and still battle issues there with probiotics, home-fermented foods, etc).

This whole subject caught my attention because I gained 10 lbs (well, about 8lbs of actual fat) over the holidays and can't seem to lose it. Doesn't usually happen to me, I've been at a stable weight for several years, and occasional meals including starch (potatoes, rice etc) were not a problem. They seem to be now.

The last time I had labs done was in June of last year, and I did so because again, I suddenly gained weight - about 10 lbs, and I had no idea why. (I wasn't carbing out). Morning cortisol was slightly high, then normal the rest of the day. Other things were considered 'minimal' risk, whatever that means. wonder if someone here would be kind enough to look at my labs, keeping in mind that this was 9 months ago? (Realize I may need to test again) This was from ZRT labs:

Estradiol (saliva) 1.4 pg/ml Range:1.3-3.3 Premenopausal (Luteal)
    Progesterone (saliva) 134 pg/ml Range:75-270 Premenopausal (Luteal)
    Ratio: Pg/E2 (saliva) 96 Optimal: 100-500 when E2 1.3-3.3 pg/ml

Testosterone (saliva) 25 pg/ml Range: 16-55 (Age Dependent)

DHEAS (saliva) 10.5 ng/ml Range:2-23 (Age Dependent)

Cortisol Morning (saliva) 10.7 ng/ml Range: 3.7-9.5
    Cortisol Noon (saliva) 2.6 ng/ml Range: 1.2-3.0
    Cortisol Evening (saliva) 1.6 ng/ml Range: 0.6-1.9
    Cortisol Night (saliva) 1 ng/ml Range: 0.4-1.0

Free T4 (blood spot) 1.6 ng/dL Range: 0.7-2.5
    Free T3 (blood spot) 3 pg/ml Range: 2.5-6.5
    TSH (blood spot) 2.5 uU/ml Range: 0.5-3.0
    TPO (blood spot) * 28 IU/ml Range: 0-150 (70-150 borderline)

Vitamin D, 25-OH, D2 < 4.0 ng/ml Range: <4 if not supplementing
    Vitamin D, 25-OH, D3 50 ng/ml Range: 32-100
    Vitamin D, 25-OH, Total 50 ng/ml Range: 32-100

According to them Free T3 is fine, but I was suspecting issues esp. since I had (and have again) low libido, sensitive to cold (cold hands, feet etc), low energy, anti-social. I dunno. They said low-normal testosterone may account for that as well. They also said DHEA was high-normal for my age (36).

Any thoughts? You all seem pretty dialed in about this sort of thing.

Started trying CT today - no immersion, just cold packs around my abdomen and a face dunk. I actually kind of like it!
    When I read about the slow weight loss, I immediately thought "thyroid!" Your TPO antibodies are significant, despite what the lab says (they're going to be lower because you don't eat gluten) and the fact that you are also Celiac tells me that it's highly likely that your immune system is attacking your thyroid and that Hashimoto's is at work here. The two tend to go hand-in-hand.

I highly recommend looking into immune modulation for the Hashimoto's. There are some really great practitioners here (and this is a great book!): Contact Info for Dr. Kharrazian

Quote Originally Posted by kiwilauren View Post
    I took up the castor oil packs after Hazyjane told me about them - and I've found them very helpful, too. I feel nauseous immediately but then it subsides and I definitely sleep better (and the nightmares are gone). Hazy, can you say more about what you recommend for the HMD? I feel the same about the toxin dump as Piano Doctor Lady and still worry about LR at the liver level.
    Tell us more about the caster oil packs? Any particular amount to use and for how long each session?

kiwilauren is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Clabbergirl View Post
    Tell us more about the caster oil packs? Any particular amount to use and for how long each session?
    This is the link Hazyjane gave me and what I've been following:
    Castor Oil Cures
    it tells you about length of session, etc. (I've been drinking iced green tea while doing it, too)