Page 2034 of 2187 FirstFirst ... 1034153419341984202420322033203420352036204420842134 ... LastLast
Results 20,331 to 20,340 of 21866

Thread: Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page 2034

kiwilauren is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextery View Post
    I have posted on this board my solution to getting my O6/O3 ratio under 5/1. That was to purchase raw salmon oil that is human food grade which is sold into the pet food market.
    For anyone in NZ, I have found a source of human grade bulk salmon oil (sourced in Denmark, cold pressed) sold for dogs. It is $60 for a kilo and is shipped from Auckland. I have just ordered some. Thanks, Dex, for the help in this.

hazyjane is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamorama View Post
    Is this the link you PMed me, Erin? Looks interesting!! I need to do it!.
    Different link, but good instructions! I think I'm going to start doing castor packs on my liver. I can tell it's acting up a bit (crazy dreams, red eyes in the morning). Of course, in Nashville, it's spring now, which is TCM liver season, so liver symptoms tend to flare during spring... I think I'm going to do a blog on TCM liver stuff since it's on my mind

hazyjane is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by L8F View Post

Also, on a really positive note: I have never had a period in my whole life that wasn't terrible, and needing 600 of ibuprofen every 4 hours. Got thru this with NOTHING!!! Very minor pain, and icepack was helpful (rather than traditional heating pad). I was very disappointed last month when I caved in and took Advil out of desperation due to pain. Feeling that changes are afoot inside as well. Perhaps better 3:6 ratio...

Cold bath yesterday made me sleepy, I had not had this reported effect previously. Took an amazing one hour nap in the afternoon, and went out to dinner and had a great night. Slept well too.
    Ooh! This is so exciting!! I also often have to take 600 mg of ibuprofen about every 6 hours during my period. It's weird- for awhile on Primal, my periods were so much more comfortable, but in the last year, they've crept back to being uncomfortable, though still not as bad as in my gluten-eating days. I think I had slacked into too many gf grain cheats. NO MORE.

reddog is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSurgeon View Post

Dr. K. thanks for the link to the fish oil post. Very interesting. Thought I'd read it before, but it didn't sink in, I guess. Have been reluctant to start fish oil because I bleed under the skin when i eat oily fish around say three times a week. But was swayed by the anti-O6 dogma, so confused. Looks like I've gotta get the test and see what's what. Been avoiding the 6's in nuts, grains, oils for years, but have eaten grain fed beef and pork until until recently so assumed there'd be a problem with the ratio. Gotta test...

kiwilauren is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hazyjane View Post
    Different link, but good instructions! I think I'm going to start doing castor packs on my liver. I can tell it's acting up a bit (crazy dreams, red eyes in the morning). Of course, in Nashville, it's spring now, which is TCM liver season, so liver symptoms tend to flare during spring... I think I'm going to do a blog on TCM liver stuff since it's on my mind
    Can you say more about the castor oil packs for the liver? I've been having crazy awful dreams too... didn't realise that was liver related. But really happy to find other ways to support this diet/CT/detox process. Thanks!

L8F
    L8F is offline Senior Member
    Amie Sue:

Here is a repost from JK's blog questions, under What Are the Optimizing Labs:

FYI here are the Kruse Labs (Dr K posted these on the Q & A of this blog)
    Complete Blood Count (CBC) With Differential CPT Code: 85025
    Metabolic Panel (14), Comprehensive CPT Code: 80053
    Osmolality,serum CPT Code: 83930
    Osmolality, Body Fluid CPT Code: 84999
    Urinalysis, Complete With Microscopic Examination CPT Code: 81001

Hepatic Function Panel (7) CPT Code: 80076
    C-Reactive Protein (CRP), High Sensitivity (Cardiac Risk Assessment) CPT Code: 86141
    Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy CPT Code: 82306
    Insulin, Free and Total, Serum CPT Code: 83525; 83527
    C-Peptide, Serum CPT Code: 84681
    Hemoglobin (Hb) A1c CPT Code: 83036

Ferritin, Serum CPT Code: 82728
    Iron and Total Iron-binding Capacity (TIBC) CPT Code: 83540; 83550

Homocyst(e)ine, Plasma CPT Code: 83090
    Lipoprotein Subfractionation Profile CPT Code: 83701; 84478

Cortisol CPT Code: 82533
    Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) Sulfate CPT Code: 82627
    Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) CPT Code: 82651
    Estradiol CPT Code: 82670
    Estrogens, Total CPT Code: 82672
    Follicle-stimulating Hormone (FSH), Serum CPT Code: 83001
    Growth Hormone-binding Protein CPT Code: 83519
    Insulin-like Growth Factor 1 (IGF-1) CPT Code: 84305
    Luteinizing Hormone (LH), Serum CPT Code: 83002
    Pregnenolone, Mass Spectrometry CPT Code: 84140
    Progesterone CPT Code: 84144
    Prostate-specific Antigen (PSA), Serum CPT Code: 84153--male
    Sex Hormone-binding Globulin, Serum CPT Code: 84270
    Testosterone, Free (Direct), Serum With Total Testosterone CPT Code: 84402; 84403
    Prolactin CPT Code: 84146

Thytropin Releasing Hormone CPT Code: 83519; 84999
    Thyroid-stimulating Hormone (TSH) CPT Code: 84443
    Thyroxine (T4), Free, Direct, Serum CPT Code: 84439
    T3 Uptake CPT Code: 84479
    Reverse T3 CPT Code: 84482
    Triiodothyronine (T3), Free, Serum CPT Code: 84481
    Thyroxine-binding Globulin (TBG), Serum CPT Code: 84442
    Thyroid Peroxidase (TPO) Antibodies CPT Code: 86376
    Thyroid Antithyroglobulin Antibody CPT Code: 86800

I would also add B12 and Folate levels.
    Started Whole30 December 31, 2011
    Integrated Leptin Reset/Jack Kruse plan Jan 13, 2012
    Starting Weight: 174.8
    CW:160.0 lbs

reddog is offline Junior Member
    What a wonderful idea, piano-doc-lady! This a.m. I got the idea of doing alternate-nostril breathing and got to almost ten minutes full submersion, a record for me. A little better than lying there and gritting teeth, but I like the idea of singing much better. I'm studying French now, I'm going to find some French songs or poetry to memorize and sing along with. Now can't wait to get cold again.

Maggie

lookingforanswers is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSurgeon View Post
    buy cars with seat coolers, put AC on full blast all the time year round, make a cool dark room in your house with a separate AC for the room and lutron shades......try to make sure this room is on the ground too.....on a slab and not elevated. Keep yur pool open year round consider an ice maker........stop wearing heavy clothes to get warm......in fall and winter. Those are some of my easy ideas......how I do it.
    Thanks for the suggestions. These are all easily doable. Fortunately I just remodeled my basement during a mold remediation project and we hadn't yet decided on flooring, just knew we didn't want carpet. Sounds like we'll just be keeping the plain concrete. I have a small room down there I can add a separate AC unit in - no windows - perfect!

Question Dr. K - Could staying in a room like that for 1-2 hours a day, kept at 50 degrees or so with no light, be used as a suitable form of CT in lieu of baths/ice, etc?

DigitalSurgeon is offline Senior Member
    any way you cold adapt you win.......it will take longer in air. But it still works.

DigitalSurgeon is offline Senior Member
    I just spoke to Ray Cronise for three hours.....looks like he likes what I am doing. We are going to meet up with Wil Hof soon. I think we might be the Holy Trinity of Cold.