Page 2 of 2187 FirstFirst 123412521025021002 ... LastLast

Thread: Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page 2

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by primalrob View Post
    not to poke holes in your plan or anything (i think it's good), but if you're giving up aerobic exercise and not lifting until you can answer those questions, will you be exercising at all?
    Kruse recommends upping the intensity of exercise once patients can answer yes to his questions, implying that they were doing some kind of moderate exercise to sweat to. I took it to mean move slowly/and maybe moderate lifting.

Anybody know if K-bell swings would be considered aerobic? Because I'd really like to add them back in if they're not.

Holy moly, it was the biggest breakfast ever
    That was my reaction exactly. I did two days on eggs and bacon and then switched to top round steaks (cheap, but much more protein).

I'm annoyed because I can't decide if Kettlebell swings fall under aerobic exercise (I huff and puff a lot when I do them).

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    In the book, Mastering Leptin - that DFH brought to our attention it states no breakfast 3 hrs upon waking:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread32367.html

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    In the book, Mastering Leptin - that DFH brought to our attention it states no breakfast 3 hrs upon waking:
    Erm. Looks like that was given as the reason for no snacking - not for no breakfast.

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Richards says have protein breakfast.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Sue
    Quote Originally Posted by brahnamin View Post
    Erm. Looks like that was given as the reason for no snacking - not for no breakfast.
    Was it? Hopefully DFH will let us know for sure as I wasn't positive.

DFH
    DFH is offline Senior Member
    Wait, that's not what it said. You eat your big protein right away.

Sue
    Quote Originally Posted by DFH View Post
    Wait, that's not what it said. You eat your big protein right away.
    I wasn't sure because of this paragraph below - took it to mean no food for 3 hrs upon waking.

"For the first three hours after waking, your body refuels using insulin. You are not losing weight right then. You want this to settle down. Snacking disrupts it and fatigues the pancreas."

DFH
    I wasn't sure because of this paragraph below - took it to mean no food for 3 hrs upon waking.

"For the first three hours after waking, your body refuels using insulin. You are not losing weight right then. You want this to settle down. Snacking disrupts it and fatigues the pancreas."
    OK. I went back to the source to get the exact context. I think I screwed up. It said eating, not waking. This is under rule #2, eat three meals a day, and allow 5-6 hours between meals.

Exact quote this time-

The first 3 hours after eating, your body refuels under the influence of insulin, like filling up at a gas station....

...Three hours after eating, insulin levels should be lower. As insulin falls, glucgon rises. This is a true fat-burning time..."

Then they discuss the liver going to work maintaining blood sugar by using glycogen, and converting protein and fat to fuel.

Then they go on about how snacking screws this up because you are making insulin all the time (insulin resistance comes next).

Sue
    Thanks - makes sense now. So a good reason to not snack between meals.

DFH
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Right, I was skipping back and forth between rule #2, (no snacking) and rule #4 (high protein breakfast), and messed that up.

I also didn't mention that they like whey protein isolate for breakfast, which I totally disagree with. I think that is why my trigs jumped up at my last checkup.