Page 184 of 2187 FirstFirst ... 841341741821831841851861942342846841184 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 21865

Thread: Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page 184

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyH View Post
    Is the recomendation to exercise after tea in the evening? even sprints and weight training?
    I thought that it's best to eat after sprints or weight training, what's the reasoning behind doing weight training or sprinting then not eating till the morning?
    Thanks
    Workout after dinner in the evening. I believe the reasoning behind this is for better fat burn. Dr. K could explain this better.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Really? I have tabasco on my eggs everyday!
    Tabasco sauce on eggs is heavenly!!!! My kids even love it!
    Georgette

I slept great after my sprint workout last night. The sprints lasted about 10 minutes. Total walk time with sprints was 40 minutes. Was asleep at 10 when I woke up at 650AM today, I felt amazing. Best I've felt in a long time.
    Georgette

natural_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shijin13 View Post
    I used to be a nut junkie... after 8wks of the Leptin Reset - I'm now meh? about nuts. I can take them or leave them, don't really want them. As you move fwd with the leptin reset - you'll find cravings, and such disappear... you'll only want REAL Food. I still have dark chocolate occasionally, but now I only have it w/a meal. never as a snack.

8 wks in I haven't seen a change in measurements or weight loss -but I have seen positive signs: increased sex drive, I no longer need covers at night while sleeping, I fall asleep w/in 10-15mins of laying down for the night (irregardless of the time), I'm sweating more during exercise, hunger and full signals are returning. I'm also finding I'm feeling better on vlc (under 25g) - where when I first came to primal eating I didn't feel good eating vlc. Now I don't eat vlc every day - but most days I eat less than 50g and I try to stay under 30g If I can. I've got a lot of stuff to fix - so I'm probably not going to have maximized LS for awhile... eat the 50g of protein at bkfst, eat lunch 5hrs later, then eat dinner 5hrs later (or 3hrs before you go to bed) eventually you'll stop wanting the nuts an sugar...
    Quote Originally Posted by Isis View Post
    hmm thanks, but I'm trying to limit nightshades and stuff like tabasco sauce. Nobody really eats hot sauce here with breakfast!

I've had no trouble in the first 2 weeks of leptin reset eating, with eggs/ghee/coconut oil etc and now I have headaches/nausea feeling in the head I think its my neck, the spine/bone in my neck feels really sore and tender at the moment -sigh- i've had sore necks/shoulders/back for a many years. Its not caused by usual yoga or lack of exercise I don't think, and my pillow is comfortable. oh well.
    I get this also but I don't think it's related to this reset. Like you, I have had on and off neck & shoulder issues for years. I don't know if you seen my other posts about also having sore throats on and off as well. This past time I had a sore throat even the muscles in my neck hurt and right at the base where my head meets my neck. After I go the hair salon and have my head in that bowl for so long it kills for days!

Vkiernan is offline Senior Member
    Dr. Kruse,

Would exhausted adrenals interfere with Leptin reset results? Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I slept great after my sprint workout last night. The sprints lasted about 10 minutes. Total walk time with sprints was 40 minutes. Was asleep at 10 when I woke up at 650AM today, I felt amazing. Best I've felt in a long time.
    I've added a 2nd sprint to my wkly workouts... I walk (or slow run if its not too hot) - the do a tabatta sprint ...felt awesome on wednesday... taking the week off of LHT... just giving my body a break this week... next week I'll be back at the grind of LHT 3x/week, 2tabata sprints, and walking... Last night I went to bed at 1130 (dinner was closer 830 - b/c ds crashed at 6pm - woke up a 730, then I had to nurse him back to sleep from 730-830) kinda effed up the evening...but I slept really well... Also I wasn't able to finish dinner last night either!

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    im planning on doing some sprints this weekend. i know where a nice grassy hill is near my house that should work perfect

I used a hilly bike path near my house.
    Georgette

irenesom is offline Senior Member
    Well done all.

I am back in the leptin groove and strangely I seem to be doing 2 meals a day 0830, 1530. (protein&veg&sml sweet potato) Then last night I we to spin class and felt energised.

Plus I have started 50mg of 5htp, and feel ok. May up that to 100mg.

All in all I just feel like eating real food. No cravings or desire for "junk" etc. I hope it continues, if I can break 3 weeks I am set. 2 weeks is my dodgy time.

Keep going....

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Tabasco sauce on eggs is heavenly!!!! My kids even love it!
    Especially Green Tabasco, Nom! Great for a quick and easy guacamole - 1 avocado + 1/2 lime + green Tabasco to taste.