Page 1785 of 2187 FirstFirst ... 785128516851735177517831784178517861787179518351885 ... LastLast
Results 17,841 to 17,850 of 21866

Thread: Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page 1785

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamorama View Post
    Very interesting. Not sure I'm buying it though. I'm A+, and have plenty of problems with grains. Agree that fish suits me better than poultry though. I do well with rice. That's an ancient grain.
    I don't think I'm buying it either. I'm A+ and don't do at all well on starches. And I think I read somewhere that the theory of blood types developing after humans started migrating was a bunch of crock. The article (can't remember where it was) said that chimpanzees also have Type A.

L8F
    L8F is offline Senior Member
    Random incredible book (for nerdy fun reading, also ancestral theme):
    Blood of the Isles (published in the United States and Canada as Saxons, Vikings and Celts: The Genetic Roots of Britain and Ireland) By Bryan Sykes
    Fascinating, cool, and ties in nicely with this stuff. Especially cool if you are of British Isles or Scan. stock (not me though, bummer) There is some mention of blood types, and gives a little more info on the topic.
    Started Whole30 December 31, 2011
    Integrated Leptin Reset/Jack Kruse plan Jan 13, 2012
    Starting Weight: 174.8
    CW:160.0 lbs

lookingforanswers is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by piano-doctor-lady View Post
    The Brownstein iodine people say fibroids can be fixed by improving iodine levels. Estrogen apparently slows the conversion of T4 to T3, so estrogen dominance and hypothyroid symptoms can be linked. (I'm taking 4 drops of 2% Lugol's every day now, with selenium, zinc, and NAC -- will wait a week and move to five drops.)
    Fascinating. I never heard of estrogen having an impact on T4/T3 conversion. I just ordered a hormone test from Canary Club so I don't have results yet, but self assessments definitely showed me to be estrogen dominant and I have high RT3, which would indicate trouble converting T4 to T3 . . . hmmmm. I've tried supplementing with selenium and iodine with just a Brazil nut a day and painting on Lugol's, but I always feel really crappy - just weak and fatigued. I've never been sure if it's a detox reaction or something else so I end up quitting.

natural_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSurgeon View Post
    my waist before cold.....32.5 after 29.7 my chest before 44 after 48 what do you think that might mean given what we mentioned before about hormones?????
    Holy shit ....does this mean it might make my breasts larger? LOL

souldanzer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by L8F View Post

About darkness 365 nights per year, and the merits, there is a fertility theory that you can influence ovulation and adjust your cycle (via ovulation induction) by using a night light or opening the blinds on certain nights of the month. Obviously, like MamaG described, timing with moon makes clearest evolutionary sense. Also, think of egg farmers who put a night light in the laying room for chickens, and they ovulate (lay egg) more than once a day (kind of creepy) when exposed to 24 hour light. It really seems to be a powerful hormone signal, light at night I mean.
    Knowledgable Gardeners/Farmers will plant their root veggies w/ the waning moon and stuff that grows up with the growing moon for more vigorous growth

Patty Cakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kathylu View Post
    Yup. And the first book signing will be at the "Soylent Green Cafe"...
    ahahahaha

Just watched that movie....I'll be there for the book signing if that's what it takes to get a book!

souldanzer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by natural_girl View Post
    Holy shit ....does this mean it might make my breasts larger? LOL
    or maybe shrink, since the cold would burn the mostly fatty tissue...

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    Logistics.

How do you manage laptop (or is it some kind of tablet),
    while neck high in cold water with ice.

How do you hold it?
    How do you type with hands mostly wet.

------
    <GRIN> That could explain a lot .......................................... it's a good thing I didn't have a mouthful of hot tea when I read that. I'd have snorted it.

Type however you like, Doc. You know, you talk about not settling for a B or a Cminus, or whatever. One thing which doesn't get mentioned is that we don't all need to make A+ in EVERY PART of our lives. Focusing on the crucial parts will do quite well for us.

Quote Originally Posted by nuttmegs17 View Post
    Ha! I know - sometimes i wonder if this is all a big hoax...like there's a bunch of mad scientists somewhere behind a curtain thinking up new things to see if we will take the bait and do whatever they come up with next. i dont even bother telling my friends what I'm up to...only because I just barely grasp the science behind it all...its like I read dr. k's stuff and "Get it" for a minute, a flash, but man...if i ever tried to explain it myself, I'd only make myself look crazier!

ha! im' hoping proof will be in the er, pudding so to speak..I want to be a major success before I speak too much abou t it..i know this year is my year though...just turned 30 today - it's gonna be a good decade I think
    Quote Originally Posted by Mama2Groklets View Post
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I turned 30 in January - it's my year too
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU BOTH! I turned 40 in January and feel like this is my year too both personally & professionally.....in many ways I feel like my life just began!

Quote Originally Posted by Glamorama View Post
    My figure is looking alright. I'm chasing muscle-definition now. I'm 29% BF, goal is 25%. This was me last week:

Looking damn good Glam!