Page 1769 of 2187 FirstFirst ... 769126916691719175917671768176917701771177918191869 ... LastLast
Results 17,681 to 17,690 of 21865

Thread: Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page 1769

lookingforanswers is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by hazyjane View Post
    I just listened to Chris Kresser talking about how Hashi's patients should start small with iodine (150 mcg is fine) and increase the amount every 7-10 days while taking selenium to avoid side effects. I think he said working up to 1 or 2 mgs is fine.
    Too much, too soon can cause an attack on the thyroid- that's why so many Hashi's patients feel like shit when they try to do big doses.
    Has Chris changed his stance on iodine for Hashi's? I thought I read in the past that he said it generally was not a good thing??

JanSz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by L8F View Post
    I think JanSz is in NJ...and Shijin has a new good doc in the greater DC area...
    My doc

tristate-health.com

DigitalSurgeon is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lookingforanswers View Post
    Has Chris changed his stance on iodine for Hashi's? I thought I read in the past that he said it generally was not a good thing??
    he is Al Gore

hazyjane is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lookingforanswers View Post
    I think he's slightly modified it. He did caution that people with Hashi's need to be really careful and go slowly, take selenium and that there are some that can't tolerate any at all. He doesn't want them taking the big doses that a lot of people use, though.

I've started adding small amounts in the form of seaweed back into my diet (I've been on selenium for so long that I'm positive my levels are decent!). So far, so good, unlike the times I took actual iodine, which either did nothing or gave me hyper symptoms like rapid heartbeat, insomnia, etc.

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamorama View Post
    I actually cringed reading this. I'm terrified of needles, especially in the bum. Had steroid-injection in my bum due to the premature birth of my twins and it hurt more than birth itself. :/
    Why shoot up B12 when the sublingual works so well so quickly? Just be sure it's methyl, and keep on taking it.

Anxiety, moodiness ... you can get magnesium through the skin as well. Make a warm bath (sorry, Doc ...) and put epsom salts and magnesium chloride crystals in it. Soak a good long time. You might feel ever so much better. Then sleep in a dark room, because the least bit of light will instantly turn off your melatonin production. The first dose of the Jarrow B12 instantly changed my sleep -- instead of waking after 6 hours of shallow sleep, no matter how tired I was, I woke after 12 hours. My mouth was dry because it had been hanging open. I had a feeling for the first time in years, sort of like I'd been molded INTO the bed. Really DEEP sleep! Probably the most instant and noticeable improvement from a supplement EVER.

It took several days to settle back down to seven or eight hours a night. I must have been totally exhausted.

Not to say that methyl B12 will do this for everyone -- obviously, for me, it had been the most-lacking requirement for making melatonin at night.

WeAreDevo is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSurgeon View Post
    he is Al Gore
    That made me laugh till my sides hurt. You don't pull punches.

JanSz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabbecky View Post
    L8F - thank you for your reply. The stimulant effect was the main reason that the doc put me on Welbutrin. I was having problems with being so tired that I was on the verge of passing out, and it was unchanged by diet (until I went primal) or how much sleep I got or how much caffeine I ingested. I almost fell asleep at the wheel with my kids in the car numerous times, this was what prompted me to go to the doc in the first place. I am still taking the meds - when I remember (I have a problem with remembering to take all my meds/supplements) but I would like to taper off and stop if it will hinder my overall progress in healing myself from the inside out.
    You must be very low on cortisol.

to help/cure:

circadian rhythm (sleep/wake up/food)
    cold thermogenesis
    pregnenolone----->progesterone ---->cortisol

there is more

WeAreDevo is offline Junior Member
    I've been working on sleep hygiene for a while now. I have blackout drapes & sleep in a pitch black room (no electronic glow allowed). I have been taking melatonin most nights. I had to take it to counter the crazy 2-3 am blast that LDN gives me. FWIW after the first week of the LeptinRx, my sleep has been rock solid. It has been so good I'm thinking about ditching the melatonin. I've started dreaming again. AND I wake up before the alarm goes off in the morning. This response makes me think my body needs the LeptinRx.

The only night that I didn't sleep well in the last two weeks was the night I took a cold bath before bed. That was a crazy experience!

I second the epsom salt baths - they have been kind to me and my itchy twitchy muscles. I also take liquid magnesium at night that helps with sleep and with muscle cramps if you are prone to those.

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSurgeon View Post
    Ivy.......personal knowledge......if you think I know alot about Optimal........I know more about good wine. Trust me. You would be floored.
    I'm married into a wine-family, and my husband build houses for sone of the King Valley winemakers. We have some beautiful wines here in Victoria. So you do golf and wine, the obvious question is; do you do horse racing?

lookingforanswers is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    My doc

tristate-health.com

I assume he doesn't take any insurance? Is he a decent "hack?" It would be almost a 3 hour drive for me, but if he's worth it I'd definitely travel.