Page 1735 of 2187 FirstFirst ... 735123516351685172517331734173517361737174517851835 ... LastLast
Results 17,341 to 17,350 of 21866

Thread: Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page 1735

Huck is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextery View Post
    The last three days I have been wrapping a 4" ace bandage loosely around my neck and then I slip in a small frozen blue gelpack and I place it directly against my neck directly on the area of the thyroid. This way I can do cold thermogenesis on my thryoid as I go about my day.

I am also doing full body sitz cold water bath nightly at 8:45 for an hour and then go to bed at 10pm.
    The thyroid just responds to the pituitary. Shouldn't you be wrapping your brain in ice?
    63 yo male
    Started reset Nov, 2011
    SW: 291
    CW: 230

JanSz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kcaliaz View Post
    Hey everyone,
    Been following this thread since the beginning and have been on the reset for a month or so. Just got some lab work done that I'd love for you all to hack. Since I've gained weight on the reset, I knew that I needed to get some tests done to see exactly what my problem is. Brief history: overweight all throughout childhood (born at 11 lb..yikes!). Lost weight in early 20's thru CW diet and tons of chronic cardio. Got pregnant with much difficulty...had a healthy baby. Lost the baby weight thru the same misguided methods. Then got really stupid and decided to compete in fitness competitions where I got my body fat down to 10% and developed a ton of health issues. So, I guess I'm LR due to being overweight in the past and from the angle of AN!

Here are the labs...
    Cortisol salivary test:
    6am - 9
    11am - 5
    4pm - 1
    midnight - 11
    ***on 5mg hydrocortisone in morning and mid-day...have been on this for 1 year***

Blood tests:
    Leptin - 3.8 ng/mL
    Triglyceride - 107 mg/dL
    Cholesterol - 203 mg/dL HIGH
    Ferritin - 81 ng/mL
    hbA1C - 5.2
    Reverse T3 -26 ng/dL (range 11-32)
    free T3 - 3.1 (2.0-4.8)
    free T4 - 1.0 (.8-2.2)
    TSH - 1.29
    No thyroid antibodies
    ***currently on 1 grain Armour and 15 mcg T3 only***

Day 18 hormones:
    Pregnenolone - 21 ng/dL
    DHEA-s - 107 ug/dL
    Estradiol - 305 pg/mL (range 44-211)
    Progesterone - 0.5 ng/mL (range says 1.7-27)
    Testosterone, total - 23

Vitamin D - 79 (this is with alternating days of 5000 IU and 10,000IU supplementation)

More tests to be run on Day 3 of cycle in just a few days.

Conclussion:
    I'm thinking I should be on bioidentical hormones to up progesterone, testosterone, and lower estrogen. I need to continue Leptin Reset with ice protocol in morning and afternoons to regulate cortisol. I'm taking all the supplements suggested in reset protocol, along with Liver support (milk thistle). I've introduced fermented foods, liver, bone broths, totally grassfed meats...all in an effort to get closer to optimal. Any other suggestions? Other than "give it time" which I intend to do?

Thank you!!!!
    More tests to be run on Day 3 of cycle in just a few days.
    If those tests are for steroid hormones, wait and do those tests two cycles latter.
    In the mean time:

1/day Milk thistle
    broccoli, sourcraut

2 pills/morning 7ketoDHEA lef.org
    1 pill/wakeup, 1 pill/4 hrs latter, pregnenolone Micronized Lipid Matrix from Nutricology.

live in agreement with circadian cycle
    use cold thermogenesis protocol
    drink broths often, big bone/bone marrow/cartilages content

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    jansz, did you see Dr. KRuse's answer about movement during cold being better?

shijin, your list of veggies was all cruciferous, iirc. I don't agree with banning them, but I don't think they should be the exclusive nutrient family, either. I'm doing VLC & my veggies are cruciferous, roots (rutabaga, turnip, parsnip), yellow & zuke squashes, winter squashes if I feel I need some up-carbing, radishes, leek (don't know if you can do onion family), asparagus, artichoke, etc.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clabbergirl View Post
    I agree hitting it from all angles is great, but how many angles can there be? It's hard to tell when every 3rd post is in response to a post from a week ago for a discussion that's since born 3 more child threads within the same. I'll do my best, but I've held off asking questions for fear when I do my head will get bitten off because it was already addressed in the thread. Can't figure out how to sort my search results by date I guess either.
    Crazy thread, but everyone seems to like it.

We eat a lot of different things, but draw the line at eating heads. Ask away!

JanSz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hebsie View Post
    ...I sit in the empty tub -- empty of water that is (I do add snow from outside) -- and then start running the cold water after I'm already in. Seems to make the initial shock effect less dramatic. After about twenty minutes off lower body soaking, I'll slowly slide down and let my upper torso soak for as long as I can tolerate (keeping head above water). By doing the lower body first, it'll warm the water some as well, makes the upper body plunge that much easier.

My only problem is warming up afterwards. Yesterday I shook for three hours straight. Perhaps a lukewarm shower afterwards might help...hebs

I remember dr Kruse warning about skin color (frost bite).
    But have he mentioned anything about warm up period?
    Somehow three hours warm up period does not seem desirable (to me).

He presents Michael Phepls as example,
    or
    Russian divers,
    I doubt that they shiver for three hours after getting out of water.

This happens to number of people,
    another dr K's once over on how to do it right would help.

Kcaliaz is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    If those tests are for steroid hormones, wait and do those tests two cycles latter.
    In the mean time:

1/day Milk thistle
    broccoli, sourcraut

2 pills/morning 7ketoDHEA lef.org
    1 pill/wakeup, 1 pill/4 hrs latter, pregnenolone Micronized Lipid Matrix from Nutricology.

live in agreement with circadian cycle
    use cold thermogenesis protocol
    drink broths often, big bone/bone marrow/cartilages content

Thanks JanSz!! I have that pregnenalone so I will start with 2 per day, along with 7-Keto DHEA. I think the estrogen is really high too so i just added NAC and am thinking i might need some sort of DIM product. Thoughts? Dr K also thinks I have gut issues driving the hormone problems so I will also be working hard on getting my gut in line. Time to re-read the Leaky Gut protocol!

L8F
    L8F is offline Senior Member

or
    Russian divers,

Jan, I did not have an uncomfortable warm up period. In fact, when I got out I was not shivering, and felt like the air was quite warm. Like someone else here was mentioning, when I put clothes on, they felt very warm. I was walking around for about 20 minutes after with wet feet and legs, and didn't even notice until I went to put my socks on...so not the same for everyone. Try it and see. Get past the first three minutes or so of "ouch" and you will be good. I wore a very warm winter hat with ear flaps that helped I think.
    Started Whole30 December 31, 2011
    Integrated Leptin Reset/Jack Kruse plan Jan 13, 2012
    Starting Weight: 174.8
    CW:160.0 lbs

DigitalSurgeon is offline Senior Member

or
    Russian divers,

just shake.......its TRH waking the UCP 1 and 3. Good stuff. It will pass. Its cold adaptation people!!!!! it takes time to warm up to pathways in moth balls.

L8F
    L8F is offline Senior Member
    Oh, got the ZRT cortisol results back. I took the test in early Feb, and my values match very closely to the middle of the suggested range. Phew, at least I am good there. Coffee here I come unless I hear otherwise????

Jan, I have to go to Quest for now, too bad. If I had more time time before day 21 to figure it all out I would try to get labcorp. I have added these: (fasting) Insulin, IGF-1, VAP, TIBC/Ferretin, Total Estrogens, Estradiol, Testosterone (free,total,bio), AST/ALT, B12, Progesterone, SHBG, and a repeat HS CRP (over a month ago did first one, since I have a blank sheet, I will go for it.)

I am really wishing I had pre-diet change lab results, I think things were WAY better when I had my labs drawn than they were before whole 30 and then LR. Too bad. But I do have big bad gut pictures of my belly from before. Yikes.

souldanzer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by L8F View Post
    Jan, I did not have an uncomfortable warm up period. In fact, when I got out I was not shivering, and felt like the air was quite warm. Like someone else here was mentioning, when I put clothes on, they felt very warm. I was walking around for about 20 minutes after with wet feet and legs, and didn't even notice until I went to put my socks on...so not the same for everyone. Try it and see. Get past the first three minutes or so of "ouch" and you will be good. I wore a very warm winter hat with ear flaps that helped I think.
    Just FYI, doesn't work for everybody like that... took a very cold bath last night (didn't take temp but I ran it at 9pm and it was freezing outside). I think I was in there for 30-45min up to my belly.

Couldn't get to sleep afterward b/c my legs were frozen. Despite a pile of blankets. Shaking.
    Woke up 5 hours later and my lower legs and feet were STILL frozen.
    Got up and felt sick, like I was getting the flu with muscle/bone pains.

I was fine this morning...

Kinda feel like trying again tonight - I think I might have stayed in too long, I did shorter sessions before 5-10min and those gave me the nice, warm feeling afterwards.

My blood glucose has been running higher than I like and since Dr. K mentioned this be good for T2D to jump start... I'm crazy enough to do it again, lol.