Page 1687 of 2187 FirstFirst ... 687118715871637167716851686168716881689169717371787 ... LastLast
Results 16,861 to 16,870 of 21866

Thread: Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page 1687

JanSz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    Is there any reason for me to choose one way or the other between DHEA & 7Keto DHEA? I have never had any signs of PCOS or excess androgens, and my testosterone is not anywhere near "high." Is DHEA better if you tolerate it, or should most women just do 7 Keto?
    Measure blood levels of your

DHEAs

goal for Women DHEAs(275-400) μg/dL

Ordinarily you want max (ie. 400)
    Since DHEAs converts to androstenedione and testosterone
    and
    androstenedione may also increase estrone (and the estrone<--->estradiol)
    you have to test more than just DHEAs

the 7ketoDHEA provides lots of the same benefits as DHEAs but it does not convert any further,
    that is why it is good idea to use it first (to the max allowable???).

Reading dr Dzugan's book I see him quoting 100mg/day 7ketoDHEA
    but
    dr Dzugan works/worked for LEF and most hormonal recommendations there originated from him.
    LEF recomends 200mg/day
    I specially think of the thermogenic effects of 7ketoDHEA.
    When I increased to 200mg/morning,
    I think I feel warmer (or is it placebo??)

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    Measure blood levels of your

DHEAs
    Ordinarily you want max (ie. 400)
    ...the 7ketoDHEA provides lots of the same benefits as DHEAs but it does not convert any further,
    that is why it is good idea to use it first (to the max allowable???).

Reading dr Dzugan's book I see him quoting 100mg/day 7ketoDHEA
    but
    dr Dzugan works/worked for LEF and most hormonal recommendations there originated from him.
    LEF recomends 200mg/day
    I specially think of the thermogenic effects of 7ketoDHEA.
    When I increased to 200mg/morning,
    I think I feel warmer (or is it placebo??)
    Thanks for the helpful info. My DHEA-S is 253.9. Pregnenolone is 56!!! Shockingly horrific, where the range is <151 and optimal is 200-230. Testosterone is 35 (10-55) where optimal is 60-76 (says Dr. Dzugan).

Estradiol is low (36 in range of 12-166) and so is Progesterone (.4 in range of .2 - 1.5, where Dr. Dz optimal is 6-28!!).
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

L8F
    L8F is offline Senior Member
    Just ordered the Dzugan book on Amazon, as well as the female hormone book Colleen rec'd. (Also cheese cloth and more orange glasses--I have gone off the deep end!)
    Reading the new Cordain book, Paleo Answer and it is fascinating. I have so much reading, I have no idea how to fit it all into each day. Happy problem though.
    Jan, thank you so much for sharing all you know. You missed your calling as an endocrinologist/anti-aging doc.

JanSz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Groketteliveson View Post
    Is anyone familiar with taking Low Dose Naltrexone(LDN) for autoimmune diseases? I'm trying to debate whether to take it or not?
    http://www.musclechatroom.com/forum/...435#post167435

There is some mystery about LDN.
    What it actually does?

Now dr Kruse thinks that it will erase antibodies.

But it can be had at ADC alldaychemist
    That is a high dose, there must be a way to get a low dose out of this.

Naltima 50 mg
    Generic Name: Naltrexone Hcl
    US Brand : Revia 50 mg
    Manufacturer : Intas Pharmaceuticals India
    Package : 10 Pills
    Price : $16.80
    Strength : 50 mg

10&50/1.5=333

333 doses for $16.80 plus shipping is not so bad price when one can say good by to his Hashimoto.
    /////////

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post684184

Quote Originally Posted by nuttmegs17
    FROM LDN Website:

Those patients who are taking thyroid hormone replacement for a diagnosis of Hashimoto’s thyroiditis with hypothyroidism ought to begin LDN at the lowest range (1.5mg for an adult). Be aware that LDN may lead to a prompt decrease in the autoimmune disorder, which then may require a rapid reduction in the dose of thyroid hormone replacement in order to avoid symptoms of hyperthyroidism.

Uhhh...def need to ask my doc about this!

Has DR K ever commented on LDN?

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSurgeon View Post
    yep a little while ago......that is why you are talking about it now. It will be in my book.

Uncategorized Google LDN!

Quote Originally Posted by longrob View Post
    I believe I heard from PPC, that some fill a 50mL medicine bottle (w/dropper) with distilled water, then disolve the 50mg Naltrexone Hcl to make LDN. *Shake gently each time before taking, and work up to 5 drops. **
    I have not done the dosage calculations lately, but one can make as low a dose as desired with a dropper.
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post685088
    you can go much higher......and in your case it would have been smart to push the dose to see the clinical effect. *This would tell you a lot about the receptors on your immune cells.

TheBreathOfLife Lugol's Solution of Iodine comes in
    30mL bottle
    0.8 mL dropper (when rubber tip fully squesed and then released)

50mg pill dissolved in 30mL water
    50/30 mg/mL * 0.8=1.3333 value for one dropper

30 ---- 1.333
    20 ---- 2.000
    10 ---- 4.000

it looks like it may be more convenient to dissolve one 50mg tablet in less water, or put in 2-3 tablets into the bottle.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post685921
    50 is too high. That is the dose they use for HIV drug addicts......you should consider 5-7 mgs and titrate up from there til 12mg for effect.

/
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post687082

Quote Originally Posted by dru View Post
    I started LDN at 1mg at bedtime.

Went up to 2mg and I woke up in the middle of the night with horrible nausea and vomiting.

Any explanation as to why this occurred?

Thanks
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post689353

other thing to mention is the endocabinoid system. I have not talked about it much but what modifies it internally is our Insulin resistance. So if you control it then you do not have to worry about too much. Your FBG and your insulin levels tell you about that.
    Endocannabinoid system
    Endocannabinoid system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    The endocannabinoid system refers to a group of neuromodulatory lipids and their receptors that are involved in a variety of physiological processes including appetite, pain-sensation, mood, and memory; it mediates the psychoactive effects of cannabis
    Eicosanoid

Pathways in biosynthesis of eicosanoids from arachidonic acid:
    there are parallel paths from EPA & DGLA.
    Last edited by JanSz; 02-09-2012 at 03:35 PM.

Snauzoo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    My wife used to have salt water coral reef tank.
    It is rater expensive proposition but not because of keeping the water clean.
    High intensity lights are not only expensive to buy and run, but also give away lots of heat. You need chillers to take all that heat away.

At firsts I had chillers that would throw heat into the house.
    Good in winter, but in summer AC was running 2x.

I was dreading when was a time to pay electric bills (they charge extra for heavy use).

In places short of water, another consideration may be that to make RO water, only about 1/4 of original water makes as RO water, the rest goes down the drain.

With salt water swiming pool, I imagine, only
    RO water,
    salt,
    heavy duty filters/ skimmers,
    UV light (antibacterial)
    heaters??

This is the easy part when looking at if from salt aquarium pov expenses.

Definitely much healthier the chlorine/bromine based water.

This is so off topic but... Need to clarify. A salt water pool general refers to a system where the homeowner adds a certain amount of NaCl to the pool water which is then pumped through a special generator which breaks down the salt into sodium and chloride. The chloride then becomes hypochlourous ion, and acts as a sanitizer. The end result is the same as having a chlorine pump or by manually adding granulated chlorine. In our area we have very high iron and copper, and those do not combine happily with stabilizers in chlorine. We stopped using diclor and triclor due to pink and purple staining. We WERE using bromide in our hot tub. When the bromine info first started to appear I freaked and dumped the hot tub, and switched to biguinaide stuff. Cannot spell it, costs a fortune but we cannot dump that much water on a daily basis it's about 900 gallons. We have a drought and tiered rates.
    More here http://www.poolcenter.com/chlorine_generator.htm

Now, this is even more interesting. We use a whole house RO system except for landscaping and gardening. The well water here is horrible. My husband plumbed our system to dump the brine into the pool, but the cost of maintaining the pool got to be crazy, with kids gone no one used it much, so we elected to dig it up and plant more food and ornamentals. So we got stuck with this waste water, so we just upgraded our RO System to one that has no waste, not sure how it works but it does.

Coincidentally as I write this, the area for the new lawn part of the yard is being tilled. The dirt smell is wonderful, the sun is out and crows and brown birds are following the rototiller fighting over the beetles and worms. It's 67 and glorious. Shirtsleeves and no stinky sticky sunblock.
    Last edited by Snauzoo; 02-09-2012 at 03:42 PM.

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    A salt water pool general refers to a system where the homeowner adds a certain amount of NaCl to the pool water which is then pumped through a special generator which breaks down the salt into sodium and chloride. The chloride then becomes disolved chlorine gas, and acts as a sanitizer. The end result is the same as having a chlorine pump or by manually adding granulated chlorine.
    I don't really know anything about saline pools except that the ones I've used, they taste mildly salty, they don't sting eyes, they don't smell like chlorine, they don't bleach bathing suits, and they don't do bizarre things to my shampoo-free hair like chlorine pools do. I wonder if there's another option than the one you're describing?
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Groketteliveson is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by L8F View Post
    Also, from the little I know about LDN, I think it was here that Dr K said that growth hormone levels need to be adequate for good effects.
    Do uou know what type of testing that requires off hand?

L8F
    L8F is offline Senior Member
    I think it is IGF-1 but maybe others can confirm...
    Started Whole30 December 31, 2011
    Integrated Leptin Reset/Jack Kruse plan Jan 13, 2012
    Starting Weight: 174.8
    CW:160.0 lbs

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Snauzoo View Post
    This is so off topic but... Need to clarify. A salt water pool general refers to a system where the homeowner adds a certain amount of NaCl to the pool water which is then pumped through a special generator which breaks down the salt into sodium and chloride. The chloride then becomes hypochlourous ion, and acts as a sanitizer. The end result is the same as having a chlorine pump or by manually adding granulated chlorine. In our area we have very high iron and copper, and those do not combine happily with stabilizers in chlorine. We stopped using diclor and triclor due to pink and purple staining. We WERE using bromide in our hot tub. When the bromine info first started to appear I freaked and dumped the hot tub, and switched to biguinaide stuff. Cannot spell it, costs a fortune but we cannot dump that much water on a daily basis it's about 900 gallons. We have a drought and tiered rates.
    More here Salt Chlorine Generators FAQ - questions and answers about Pool Salt Systems

Now, this is even more interesting. We use a whole house RO system except for landscaping and gardening. The well water here is horrible. My husband plumbed our system to dump the brine into the pool, but the cost of maintaining the pool got to be crazy, with kids gone no one used it much, so we elected to dig it up and plant more food and ornamentals. So we got stuck with this waste water, so we just upgraded our RO System to one that has no waste, not sure how it works but it does.

Coincidentally as I write this, the area for the new lawn part of the yard is being tilled. The dirt smell is wonderful, the sun is out and crows and brown birds are following the rototiller fighting over the beetles and worms. It's 67 and glorious. Shirtsleeves and no stinky sticky sunblock.
    Our pool guy told me the same thing when I was considering switching to a salt water system. The problem with most public pools is that they way over chlorinate them. If you have a good filtration system and maintain things, you do not need that level of chlorine. I bet if you tested the levels of Cl2 in most public pools, you'd be amazed at how high it is. I keep my Cl2 level in my pool very low and shock it only after parties and at the beginning of the season. I can't stand to use most public pools for this very reason. I suspect that the newer salt water pools have a good filtration system and possibly somebody who knows what they are doing so the Cl2 levels never get so high.

wanderir is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    Thanks for the helpful info. My DHEA-S is 253.9. Pregnenolone is 56!!! Shockingly horrific, where the range is <151 and optimal is 200-230. Testosterone is 35 (10-55) where optimal is 60-76 (says Dr. Dzugan).

Estradiol is low (36 in range of 12-166) and so is Progesterone (.4 in range of .2 - 1.5, where Dr. Dz optimal is 6-28!!).
    If you think your pregnenolone is shocking at 56, mine is at a very sad 32.