Page 1686 of 2187 FirstFirst ... 6861186158616361676168416851686168716881696173617862186 ... LastLast
Results 16,851 to 16,860 of 21865

Thread: Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page 1686

L8F
    L8F is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hahahaa, I have similar orange glasses, also on amazon, they are safety glasses and HUGE. They work great in my opinion for getting me super sleepy in the evenings. Husband finds them quite amusing, but who sleeps way better? It is sort of a relaxing color to see also, imparts a warmness to the world around. Like them.

L8F
    L8F is offline Senior Member
    Also, from the little I know about LDN, I think it was here that Dr K said that growth hormone levels need to be adequate for good effects.

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kathylu View Post
    After searching for "blue light blocking glasses" these came up...

Amazon.com: Uvex S1933X Skyper Safety Eyewear, Black Frame, SCT-Orange UV Extreme Anti-Fog Lens: Home Improvement

These are cheap and they seem to do the job. If I look at a blue light source, it looks yellow through these.
    Quote Originally Posted by L8F View Post
    Hahahaa, I have similar orange glasses, also on amazon, they are safety glasses and HUGE. They work great in my opinion for getting me super sleepy in the evenings. Husband finds them quite amusing, but who sleeps way better? It is sort of a relaxing color to see also, imparts a warmness to the world around. Like them.
    I think I will be buying these.... and getting made fun of... but IDC... I'm striving for optimal!
    The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
    What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

Converted to PB November 2010
    SW 190lb
    Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
    25 Sep 2011 160lbs
    1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
    GW ~135lbs
    5'3"
    Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html

otzi Guest
    MamaGrok - I read an earlier post where you said you were bloated for 2 weeks from some additional carbs. I have had this same experience, and can repeat it easily for non-believers. I was listening to a Ray Peat podcast yesterday on hypothyroidism and he spoke in-depth about hypothryoid causing the body to hold excess water. His example was that a normal person takes in 4 liters of water in food and drink a day, urinates out 2 liters and the rest is expelled through cellular processes, breathing, and sweating. In the hypothyroid person, the cellular processes are slowed down and the water is not used as a normal person. Instead it is stored in fat cells, causing the bloating you've described. This effect is lessened on a low-carb, ketogenic diet.
    Ray Peat THE THYROID 02/22 by Josh Jeanne Rubin | Blog Talk Radio
    I have a hypothyroid condition and am currently working on an optimal course of treatment. I would love to be able one day to eat some carbs without gaining 8lbs in 2 days and then taking 2 weeks to lose it.
    Last edited by otzi; 02-09-2012 at 01:55 PM. Reason: add link

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Stored in the fat cells, huh? That makes some sense out of my observation that my legs, thighs & upper arms also "bloat". Will be checking that out... I just started taking 60mg thyrogold/day, no effect yet... My diet is crazy low carb, though, not sure how the effect could be worse than what I have!

That was a sweet potato, btw. One small one. Primal carbs hate me.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Mama G

Can you expound upon the good things about Blue Ice FCLO? I'm thinking of getting some to add to both my diet and the kids... currently we have nordic naturals - got it b/c of price...
    w/the oil - what flavor do you buy??? do your kids take it readily???

SW 190lb
    25 Sep 2011 160lbs
    1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
    GW ~135lbs
    5'3"
    Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

JanSz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shijin13 View Post
    yup I'm excited... she even asked me where I kept my carbs at. When I told her I shoot to keep them under 50g - she's was all yep, you know what you're doing...keep focusing on veggies for your carbs, with some fruit. and have the starches like sweet potatoes, and winter squashes as occasional treats... eventually your weight will come off...and if we fix your hormones... you'll be stellar!
    It look good for you.
    Good doctor is the only way to go.
    Shame that there is so few of them.

Ask her if she have someone who she would recommend, in 25 mile radius of zip code 07054.

Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    It look good for you.
    Good doctor is the only way to go.
    Shame that there is so few of them.

Ask her if she have someone who she would recommend, in 25 mile radius of zip code 07054.

Next time I see her I'll ask... shouldn't see her for a couple of months... she likes to run labs every qtr like Dr K... : )

SW 190lb
    25 Sep 2011 160lbs
    1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
    GW ~135lbs
    5'3"

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Mama G

Can you expound upon the good things about Blue Ice FCLO? I'm thinking of getting some to add to both my diet and the kids... currently we have nordic naturals - got it b/c of price...
    w/the oil - what flavor do you buy??? do your kids take it readily???
    It's the real deal, traditionally made. And it's cheaper than anything else I've compared it to, b/c you take so much less. (for the liquid; I haven't compared other forms). Especially if you buy it in bulk!!

We buy all the flavors and rotate through them. I like the orange and salty/med herb ones as the best compliment if you're going to taste it. I don't taste it; I hold my breath, lol. Some of my kids take it chased with OJ, some in OJ. The ones under 7 never remember a time not taking it (it's been 4 or 5 years now) and actually like it. The older ones had to get used to it and still do not love it. The youngest (4 and under) have always loved it. Crazy kids. (Those two have had it almost since birth)

Recently I switched from the liquid to the chocolate BO/CLO gel for the youngest, b/c she was in that critical 1.5-2yo age range where all my children have had their top incisors wither away. It totally saved her teeth. They had gotten tiny grooves in them and it completely stopped them. She LOVES the choc gel. She likes the cinnamon tingle ok. The 4yo loves the choc gel, too. I think it tastes the least like CLo, but some of the kids don't like it at all.

Some people take it in yogurt (!), some in smoothies (I think it contaminates the flavor of the whole thing so you taste it every bite/sip from beginning to end). Some take caps. Caps give me burps, and many other people have the same experience. NO fishy repeats hours later for me, TYVM! Some people love the fCLO (no BO) gels, but my family does not. I only bought the BO/CLO gel, as I mentioned, b/c I needed a way to get lots of fclo & bo in every day for my youngest, and she had just decided to reject the liquid. The timing was too critical and I *had* to find a way to get it in her. It worked!
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

JanSz is offline Senior Member
    got my pregnenolone and 7Keto Dhea yesterday... started off today 200mg of pregnenolone and 100mg of the 7Keto...feeling pretty good... wide awake... full of energy... more different than previous... going to stay here until I get on the Dzugan method... and then we'll see where we go from there!
    What make is your pregnenolone?
    If it is "ordinary", 100mg/day may not be much.

I use now two 150mg pills/day pregnenolone Micronized Lipid Matrix from Nutricology (total 300mg/day)
    I am guessing that it is at least twice as effective as the "ordinary" type.

When dosing pregnenolone, my aim is not really at the level of pregnenolone in the blood.
    My actual goal is to get progesterone level to 1.4 ng/mL

Mind you that desirable progesterone level in men and women (first 14 days of cycle) are the same.

------------------------