Page 1684 of 2187 FirstFirst ... 6841184158416341674168216831684168516861694173417842184 ... LastLast
Results 16,831 to 16,840 of 21865

Thread: Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style page 1684

L8F
    L8F is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Fantastic news on the docs Shijin!
    Just ate the first of my "pickles"--a rainbow radish. Gorgeous to look at and a tasty little pickle!!
    Brewing up a shrimp broth: Shrimp in shell, some thai green curry paste (cheat on nightshade with the spice), black pepper, water and a TON of turmeric. Pretty tasty. Oh yeah, coconut oil as a base of course.
    Started Whole30 December 31, 2011
    Integrated Leptin Reset/Jack Kruse plan Jan 13, 2012
    Starting Weight: 174.8
    CW:160.0 lbs

souldanzer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shijin13 View Post
    I've never been one to be shy about eating... or cooking - I think its one of the reasons DH loves me... I love good food as much as he does!

ME: Excuse me are you gonna use the butter on your bread????
    Friend: um no, you want it? I thought you didn't eat bread?
    ME: I don't but I do eat butter, and that will top off this flank steak nicely!
    Friend: won't it make you fat?
    ME: No, but bread will - takes butter and puts the whole damn thing on steak!
    Roommate: "You..., you aren't eating that coconut oil with a spoon, are you?"
    Me: "I am."
    Roommate: *makes pukey face* and keeps crunching his dry corn chips

Me --> slim
    Roommate --> beer belly

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by L8F View Post
    Fantastic news on the docs Shijin!
    Just ate the first of my "pickles"--a rainbow radish. Gorgeous to look at and a tasty little pickle!!
    Brewing up a shrimp broth: Shrimp in shell, some thai green curry paste (cheat on nightshade with the spice), black pepper, water and a TON of turmeric. Pretty tasty. Oh yeah, coconut oil as a base of course.

yup I'm excited... she even asked me where I kept my carbs at. When I told her I shoot to keep them under 50g - she's was all yep, you know what you're doing...keep focusing on veggies for your carbs, with some fruit. and have the starches like sweet potatoes, and winter squashes as occasional treats... eventually your weight will come off...and if we fix your hormones... you'll be stellar!
    The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
    What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

Converted to PB November 2010
    SW 190lb
    Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
    25 Sep 2011 160lbs
    1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
    GW ~135lbs
    5'3"
    Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html

aug19 is offline Junior Member
    Thank you for all of the input. You have given me so much hope. I'm going to see if I can get some additional labs drawn tomorrow and will report back when I have information. I will continue to watch this thread daily to learn as much as I can.

Even though I have so far to go I am jumping for joy to find you all!

maile1 is offline Senior Member
    yup I'm excited... she even asked me where I kept my carbs at. When I told her I shoot to keep them under 50g - she's was all yep, you know what you're doing...keep focusing on veggies for your carbs, with some fruit. and have the starches like sweet potatoes, and winter squashes as occasional treats... eventually your weight will come off...and if we fix your hormones... you'll be stellar!
    don't suppose you could clone her?

awesome meet Shijin glad you found someone to work with!

L8F
    Freaking jealous!!! In a good way...
    Started Whole30 December 31, 2011
    Integrated Leptin Reset/Jack Kruse plan Jan 13, 2012
    Starting Weight: 174.8
    CW:160.0 lbs

L8F
    My area only has paleo dentists and PTs. Boo.

RBee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    My wife used to have salt water coral reef tank.
    It is rater expensive proposition but not because of keeping the water clean.
    High intensity lights are not only expensive to buy and run, but also give away lots of heat. You need chillers to take all that heat away.

At firsts I had chillers that would throw heat into the house.
    Good in winter, but in summer AC was running 2x.

I was dreading when was a time to pay electric bills (they charge extra for heavy use).

In places short of water, another consideration may be that to make RO water, only about 1/4 of original water makes as RO water, the rest goes down the drain.

With salt water swiming pool, I imagine, only
    RO water,
    salt,
    heavy duty filters/ skimmers,
    UV light (antibacterial)
    heaters??

This is the easy part when looking at if from salt aquarium pov expenses.

Definitely much healthier the chlorine/bromine based water.

Never thought of this. I have a 150 gallon system reef tank across the room now. I use VHO T-2 lamps to light it so no problem with heat. But it may be an idea to keep the salt water I change out when I add fresh in once a month. Put it in a 55 gallon drum outside under the deck and take a dip in it when it is cold. Thinking...thinking here.

Thats another thing--I drip Lugol's iodine in the reef tank once a week, and feed my tangs sheets of nori and also food I make from the seafood deli. I've been doing all this for my corals and livestock and should have been doing it for myself too all this time. LOL

natural_girl is offline Senior Member
    Back from hours of doctor appointments... and I've selected the Paleo doc - I found through Paleo physician network... she's declared in my appointment "I'm your consultant on health, I order labs, interpret them, help you figure out how to address what needs to be address - and you pick the solution that works for you - and try to do it so you stay w/in your budget, leveraging your health insurance" (She's got a 5star rating from UHC as a top doc in the region) She was shocked at how much abuterol/atrovent I was taking/day - and fully believes I can come off the asthma meds, as I continue down the paleo/primal path. She's also willing to work w/me on the Dzugan method... she spent an 1hr &1/2 w/me. She's also working on converting the Cardiology department at INOVA to a paleo/primal woe for treating cholesterol, and heart disease - she told me she's going to change medicine from the inside out... kind of reminded me of Dr K...

I liked the other doc - but he didn't understand why I needed to see him, if my chrio/np was ordering the same work ups he's been ordering already - he definitely has an integrative approach, and If I had a disposable medical fund -I'd consider paying him to hack me....after I'd see Dr K.

For those in the DC area - PM me and I'll give you the names of the docs I saw....
    So glad you found a Dr. - She sounds great too!

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member
    got my pregnenolone and 7Keto Dhea yesterday... started off today 200mg of pregnenolone and 100mg of the 7Keto...feeling pretty good... wide awake... full of energy... more different than previous... going to stay here until I get on the Dzugan method... and then we'll see where we go from there!
    The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
    What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

Converted to PB November 2010
    SW 190lb
    Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
    25 Sep 2011 160lbs
    1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
    GW ~135lbs
    5'3"
    Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html